Pvp : combined arms

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't started this event yet so maybe my opinion will change when I do but I thought I'd post to say bravo!

Excellent idea which eliminates the thing that everyone moans about in PvP ... Too many 5* (in particular oml) it also forces people to get creative with teams and be more strategic.

I also applaud your attempts to do some new things with PvP in off-season. I really didn't like BFF PvP (like everyone) but you tried to give us something a bit different (next time just make it teams of only BFF and lock all others ).

Yes the execution was very wrong but the idea was great. Hopefully combined arms will be as fun as it looks to me.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are aware that it's an old event just updated (used to be 1-2-3, now 2-3-4)? I don't mind it in general but it never was my favorite. Since I haven't started yet I will not comment on the current event. Can someone tell me how much boosted are the toons?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    You are aware that it's an old event just updated (used to be 1-2-3, now 2-3-4)? I don't mind it in general but it never was my favorite. Since I haven't started yet I will not comment on the current event. Can someone tell me how much boosted are the toons?

Actually I didn't know that (day 423 player) so thanks for clearing that up. Either way it's still a good idea
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree - it's a good idea to bring it back. It requires some creativity and we will see a bit of variety with rosters (eg I can't use 2* Storm who will be popular as I have just sold her as part of 2* farming). I remember it as being more fun than BOP off season event so i hope I will enjoy it. Plus Peggy yellow as progression seems like good enough motivation to go hard.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's great that they've updated it from 1-2-3 to 2-3-4, since most people don't have any 1*s other than the one they use for ddq. It should be a fun change of pace. Not sure how many points I'll be able to score, but it's always nice to try something that hasn't been done too often.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I heard this event was painful, but I was excited anyway because I'm still working on championing all my 3* characters and have no fully covered 4* characters yet. The one 1*, one 2*, one 3* team composition, while annoying, at least allowed me to actually feel like I had a shot for once, especially where I really want my first Yellow Peggy cover.

Oh wait, they changed it to remove the 1* and add a 4* team member. Nevermind.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Ezrius wrote:
    I heard this event was painful, but I was excited anyway because I'm still working on championing all my 3* characters and have no fully covered 4* characters yet. The one 1*, one 2*, one 3* team composition, while annoying, at least allowed me to actually feel like I had a shot for once, especially where I really want my first Yellow Peggy cover.

Oh wait, they changed it to remove the 1* and add a 4* team member. Nevermind.

It was painful because everyone used 1* Juggs who was ridiculously scaled at the time. Now that it is the appropriate 2/3/4* it will be interesting to see what teams players use. I expect to see a lot of OBW, MNMags and probably Ares for 2* land. I might run JG, SW, and Hawkeye for fun but most likely Red Hulk, SW and 2* Thor to get the Green going or Cyke, IM40, OBW.. hmm maybe I'll even try Cyke and Ms. Marvel to make some TUs to accelerate his red damage.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I'll try Rulk, IM40, and maybe CStorm, if she'll hide behind the other two.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Iceman/M40/Widow or Rulk/Switch/Thor for me I think...I might get cute for a match or two and run Mr Fantastic/Torch/Bagman just for LoL's
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    It's a lot of fun. So far I've had x23 1 shot all 3 of my characters, Iceman nearly one shot me with Whiteout, RHulk 1 shot my team with anvil, Jean....I could keep going cause there's actually more but I think you get it. It's fun playing boosted champed 4* with my hightest 4* being 168 Professor X and limited to 1 boosted 3*.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a lot of fun. So far I've had x23 1 shot all 3 of my characters, Iceman nearly one shot me with Whiteout, RHulk 1 shot my team with anvil, Jean....I could keep going cause there's actually more but I think you get it. It's fun playing boosted champed 4* with my hightest 4* being 168 Professor X and limited to 1 boosted 3*.

One of the problems with events like this one or Balance of Power is that they suck health packs. When everyone is pretty even, a bad cascade can ruin your day. One AoE by Jean or Rulk or Iceman means 3 health packs down the drain.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Big fan of this event....running AntMan, SW, Ares....working out well. Lots of fun
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Actually looking forward to this event. I have two teams I will use for this. None of the characters overlap and normally these two teams either get killed by bad cascades or get to keep most of their health. They are just very fast attackers. So we will see how I will do. I will disclose my two teams after this event is finished. You can probably guess which two teams it is. IM40 and switch are the strongest 3* in my opinion.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    how much is each *'s buffed? last time they ran it it was 2*'s and 3*'s were buffed 100 levels.

or is it regular pvp boosting?
  • My roommate came up with 4* Thor/IM40/2* Magneto. Seems legit as F!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    For the moment I'm running IM40+MMags+Peggy, which isn't anywhere close to rainbow, but my Peggy is 4/0/5, and that /5 means stunning two characters and setting up 3 tiles that each do 5,000 damage. Throw in a punch to the face to down the third character, and the match is effectively done as soon as I pop her blue.

I may switch it around to be more effective on defense though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess this event is going to be a fest of Iceman/IM40/whocares or maybe Rhulk+switch, 4hor+IM or Peggy+IM. Those are the only good options, any other team is not good enough to fight those.

I am not looking forward to this event...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen lots of Iceman, Peggy, Thor and RHulk out there so far. The odd Jean and Prof X.
    On the other hand, having RHulk made 900 very easy to hit.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    CT1888 wrote:
    I've seen lots of Iceman, Peggy, Thor and RHulk out there so far. The odd Jean and Prof X.
    On the other hand, having RHulk made 900 very easy to hit.
    Yeah I was 25 pts away from 900 in nefarious foes when rulk was boosted. Should have climbed earlier instead of the last hour.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    I guess this event is going to be a fest of Iceman/IM40/whocares or maybe Rhulk+switch, 4hor+IM or Peggy+IM. Those are the only good options, any other team is not good enough to fight those.

I am not looking forward to this event...

Seen a lot of Fistbuster too
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the bright side, you can climb with three different all-star 3*/4* pairings, saving on health packs.