Pvp : combined arms

Comments

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    On the bright side, you can climb with three different all-star 3*/4* pairings, saving on health packs.

Fistbuster, Switch+(Rulk? JG?), and IM40+Peggy/Bobby?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Surprised that everyone is forgetting 4clops/IM or KP/SW. Single target damage is on point since the health is so uneven across tiers. Bobby and rhulk are kind of a waste of time.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Ezrius wrote:
    I heard this event was painful, but I was excited anyway because I'm still working on championing all my 3* characters and have no fully covered 4* characters yet. The one 1*, one 2*, one 3* team composition, while annoying, at least allowed me to actually feel like I had a shot for once, especially where I really want my first Yellow Peggy cover.

Oh wait, they changed it to remove the 1* and add a 4* team member. Nevermind.

It was painful because everyone used 1* Juggs who was ridiculously scaled at the time. Now that it is the appropriate 2/3/4* it will be interesting to see what teams players use. I expect to see a lot of OBW, MNMags and probably Ares for 2* land. I might run JG, SW, and Hawkeye for fun but most likely Red Hulk, SW and 2* Thor to get the Green going or Cyke, IM40, OBW.. hmm maybe I'll even try Cyke and Ms. Marvel to make some TUs to accelerate his red damage.

I'm pretty sure 1* didn't get much of a boost in combined arms. You're probably thinking of the old scaling in bop
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:

I'm pretty sure 1* didn't get much of a boost in combined arms. You're probably thinking of the old scaling in bop

I'm pretty sure I ran Jugg/OBW/Hood in both events.

This event, I'm having fun with 4Clops/KK/2Storm winfinite.

EDIT: And just dusted off ProfX/Mys/2Mag winfinite.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still trying to find my A team.

I've only got two 2*s, OBW at 144 and Ares at 112. The latter is boosted to 172 which gets him to 9K health, which is ok I guess.

My only real usable 4* is Fury at level 250, boosted to 343 which is cool.

I've got all 3*s Champed other than Squirrel Girl, Doc Ock and Ragnajoke.

Been messing around with Fury/Gamora/OBW, as that means OBW hides behind them both and Gamora tanks all of her colours for Bad Reputation. Fury/Fist/Ares is pretty fun, too.

You guys have any other combos that spring to mind?
  • Minox
    Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    For me, the team composition depends on the 3 star you use. In my mind, there are 2 usable ones and a decent one (all of them batteries):
    IM40
    Scarlet Witch
    Iron Fist (decent)

My top choice is IM40 + Peggy (5/3/5) + Bullseye. With 6 yellow AP, you get to stun their 4*, take out their 3* with the red power and have 30k worth of damage incoming from the blue countdowns. Oh, and every ability from them is +3 AP. Very little health lost since it's mostly match damage you are taking.

IM40 + 4thor or Iceman is good too. 4Clops is good too, but not having a stun is annoying since neutralizing the 4* saves a lot of damage.

For SW, you want Rhulk, Jean Grey and maybe Kingpin

Finally IF is ok with Hulkbuster and Punisher, but it's less explosive and you have less crowd control.

Anyways, my 2 cents. I like this event just for the variety of using different teams icon_e_smile.gif
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:
    Surprised that everyone is forgetting 4clops/IM or KP/SW. Single target damage is on point since the health is so uneven across tiers. Bobby and rhulk are kind of a waste of time.

I'm running icon_redhulk.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_hawkeye.png and having good luck. Switch makes crits with purple, Rhulk smashes for 17k aoe, hawkeye maps up with speed shot. Not so good against champed Peggy, but definitely worth your time to use.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    I thought of Hawkeye, GSBW, and Professor X a couple hours ago, but I'm in the middle of rebuilding my Hawkeye, so I'm not in a position to try it out.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only just started on this event now, but man is it refreshing! Funny thing about this event is that from where I'm sitting it is the greatest thing in the world for those of us who play in the 5* tier. I finally have the freedom to make use of everyone on my roster, and won't be crucified in the rankings for it. It's frickin' fantastic!
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I must agree with El Santino - it is so refreshing to play with a variety of the 100 odd characters in my roster rather than just a couple. So nice to create various teams and see how they play together.

Rather than try to rebalance characters in an effect to get more roster variety into play, why don't devs think outside the box? Introduce events like these into the regular seasons rather than the tired old format where players will naturally use their strongest pair with 3* in rotation. The best friends event was great in concept but shocking in application. Create events that will get players to use those characters on their rosters just collecting dust.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad you are enjoying it, but my best 4* is Devil Dino, followed by 2/1/2 War Machine. That Peggy cover is tempting, but I can't reach it with my tino dino hands.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    That Peggy cover is tempting, but I can't reach it with my tino dino hands.

bffcbfabcb2656b16fab41eb6385ad2c.jpg
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    toofar_zpstweud068.jpg
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I have yet to lose with punisher/daken/obw

I've also had fun using my boosted quake to not worry about the see of rulk too. Roster diversity makes it so much fun
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    This run of Combined Arms (1+ years in the making!) has made me really realize how much 5* have ruined the high end game.

Playing this is refreshing as I now get to use characters and different team builds that I cannot try when there are champed 5*s running around in my PVP (mine included).

I've tried a whole bunch of different teams:

Peggy, IM40, OBW --- this one has been particularly brutal. With 5Y on Peggy.
    Carnage, Doc Ock, Daken
    Prof X, SWitch, Mags

All playable and fun. I will say though that IM40 is pretty much the no-brainer in the 3* slot unless your 4* doesn't use red/blue at all.

I'm enjoying this event immensely. I'm glad they updated it to 2,3,4* and I hope they run it more often in between seasons.

I hope the devs look at this feedback and 1: make 4* PVPs a thing on the reg 2: maybe have a few more PVP events where 5*s sit on the sidelines for a little while.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I have just one max 4* so I'm kind of forced into Thor/IM40/x. I tried OBW once; 5K health. Yeah right. Opted for Bullseye, so I can at least use the green from Recharge and spam some protect tiles. And he's got 10K health so he won't just keel over.

Hopefully I can get to 900. We'll see.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir wrote:
    I'm glad you are enjoying it, but my best 4* is Devil Dino, followed by 2/1/2 War Machine. That Peggy cover is tempting, but I can't reach it with my tino dino hands.

There are a whole bunch of people running with Devil Dino in my bracket. Seeing a 40k Dino is pretty much an autoskip from where I'm at. You know that's going to be a few health packs to get through without a consistent stun.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    The downside to switching up teams (to save health packs) is that the new defense team mechanic can throw off the complementary teams. I’ve seen a lot of teams like 4* Thor & S. Witch or Prof X and IM40, or some other variation. Each time I checked their roster and it was because that 3 star or 4 star character was higher level the more natural fit. Those still aren’t scrub pairings, but they don’t feed each other optionally like most players intend to use them.

Something to consider. Shouldn’t matter much though if you’re just doing a big push to get that yellow Peggy and don’t care about final placement.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I have tried a few different teams but the one I have the rest record with is 4* Cyclops, Scarlet Witch and 2* Captain Marvel. Marvel's yellow really helps build up the 10 TU needed to really have Cyke's red decimate the opponents. And of course, SWitch has the stun and although he blue is passive, use it for Cyke as well.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:
    that's crazy talk.

Rulk/IM40/Cstorm

1. match 6 yellow
    2. cast recharge
    3. match green or purple while waiting for the countdowns to resolve
    4. smash entire team
    5. stun with Storm's blue if anyone is left standing

if your match takes longer than about 50 seconds, you're doing it wrong.