MPQ At Marvel.com: 4-Star Blade For Halloween

13»

Comments

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Should have been Morbius. Then we could have a Midnight Sons team with Ghost Rider, Blade and Morbius.

Will have to wait and see how the 4* version plays. The 3* version was the first 3* I maxxed out and I agree that he is very useful.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    strange is possibly a 5s. so you can stop with the d3 **** me fantasies
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    At least Blade sounds good.

Really annoyed about the lack of Iceman cover reward. Or just the SCL progression prizes in general.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I'm long past 183 with my Blade (was my first champion 3star, and first to reach 183, along with Black Widow), but still far from next champion reward cover, so it doesn't affect me inmediately. But am still curious.
    I suppose Blade (Wesley Snipes) will give Blade (Modern) covers in the future. What I want to know is, will that change be applied next off-season (or this one, we still have some hours left), and other champion reward covers will be updated every off-season? Or will all the remaining 3star champions that give covers already given by other character be updated at the same time in some months, once you decide a suitable reward cover for them?

I said in another post that I wanted Kamala to give Gwenpool covers. But now I think she could give Medusa covers.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I'm starting to REALLY hate release events, especially this most recent one. T100 earn the new character, 100-200 get ONE cover of the essential 3 for the next event, and then the next event usually doesn't have clearance, so you only earn 1 cover from progression instead of 2. I REALLY need Cyk3 covers, but the only way to earn one on the GwenPool release was tank and not get her, which leaves you S-O-L if you wanted to place well in the next event.

Even if you earn the new character, you'll get 4 covers at the absolute most for placing well (which by definition is not going to be the vast majority of us) and with those you won't get much mileage out of the character when their essential nodes scale up. The only way to get more covers is get extremely lucky in the event vault, burn CP if you ever got the cover in the first place, or have a good enough roster to take #1 in a PVP, or reach 1000 if they're offered in PVP (which again, by definition will only be a select few of us). MAYBE they'll be the next reward in Shield SIM, but we've still got GwenPool to be a shield SIM reward before Blade would. Add to that the fact that there isn't going to EVER be champion reward track to get these people if they're not going to make new 3-stars. We've got 40 3-stars, and Blade is about to be the 41st 4-star.
    Acctually, we will have "39" 4*s, since Dino and Howard aren't avaliable in tokens during all the time. But I do hope, for when we reach 40, they will start add a new 3* again for each new 4*, because I prefer chars (3*) that I won't take years to cover.
  • BoomerGVL
    BoomerGVL Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    mpqr7 wrote:
    So... Gems... just a name-change or an actual functional change? It appears to be just a name-change, but I'm holding out hope for something more!!

Read somewhere yesterday that it's name only. No citation because I haven't finished my coffee.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    BoomerGVL wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    So... Gems... just a name-change or an actual functional change? It appears to be just a name-change, but I'm holding out hope for something more!!

Read somewhere yesterday that it's name only. No citation because I haven't finished my coffee.

From the original announcement of the name change:
    New Season Names:

With the next Versus season starting this Thursday, we are trying out a new simpler system of Season naming based on the 6 Infinity Gems. This upcoming Season 33 will instead be called the "Power Gem" Season.

The Seasons will cycle through all 6 gems (Power, Time, Reality, Soul, Mind, Space) and then loop back to Power.
    *Note that this is just a naming change and there are no gameplay differences between the 6 Seasons.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Who even cares about a new 4* at this point?

Whales have 5*s.

4* players won't have him fully covered for at least a year due to dilution, unless the 4* tier gets proper acknowledgment and support (something there have only been baby steps towards).

So...

What?

Do we still have Clearance Levels, so everyone at CL7 can keep working on their 4*s? Or has a new 4* hamstrung the 4* tier again?

Are there big plans to make 4* play a more integral part of play? If so, how soon?

This is currently a non-event.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Felessa wrote:
    Acctually, we will have "39" 4*s, since Dino and Howard aren't avaliable in tokens during all the time. But I do hope, for when we reach 40, they will start add a new 3* again for each new 4*, because I prefer chars (3*) that I won't take years to cover.
    Dare you raise my hopes for the possibility of more 3*'s? I know the argument is usually limiting the amount of 3*'s to avoid thinning the possibility of getting any one character by to much but that argument sort of goes out the window if they are still fine with watering down the 4* pool. Personally I would really like to see more 2*s and 1*s to just for variety sake, even if you only even end up seeing them as PvE opponents. But seriously, i would be more then down with getting a new 3* for every new 4*.
  • stark0719
    stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Aidonis wrote:
    The movie is a little over two weeks away....where is Dr. Strange?

Finally. Thank you for saying it
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Felessa wrote:
    Dare you raise my hopes for the possibility of more 3*'s? I know the argument is usually limiting the amount of 3*'s to avoid thinning the possibility of getting any one character by to much but that argument sort of goes out the window if they are still fine with watering down the 4* pool. Personally I would really like to see more 2*s and 1*s to just for variety sake, even if you only even end up seeing them as PvE opponents. But seriously, i would be more then down with getting a new 3* for every new 4*.

The game has three choices:
    * Stop expanding
    * Expand "upwards" (power out 5*s, start adding higher level characters on top)
    * Expand "sideways" (expand the foundations of lower level characters along with new hot releases)

One example of an interesting "sideways" expansion would be doing something like adding a 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* Wrecking Crew in the run up to a 5* Thor.

One villain run story.

One Thor smack down story afterward.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I really liked Blade when I was in 3* land. But can we please stop doing variations of existing characters? So ready for Dr Strange to get here.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really liked Blade when I was in 3* land. But can we please stop doing variations of existing characters? So ready for Dr Strange to get here.

You realize he's launching with a variation at the start right? So you're both mad and happy?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    stark0719 wrote:
    Aidonis wrote:
    The movie is a little over two weeks away....where is Dr. Strange?

Finally. Thank you for saying it

2 Versions
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Dr Strange (Movie)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Dr Strange (Classic)
    New Story Mode Release

Not a spoiler, quote from producer; Josh Austin @ NYCC
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The Herald wrote:
    Who even cares about a new 4* at this point?

Whales have 5*s.

4* players won't have him fully covered for at least a year due to dilution, unless the 4* tier gets proper acknowledgment and support (something there have only been baby steps towards).

So...

What?

Do we still have Clearance Levels, so everyone at CL7 can keep working on their 4*s? Or has a new 4* hamstrung the 4* tier again?

Are there big plans to make 4* play a more integral part of play? If so, how soon?

This is currently a non-event.
    The 4* Tier is locked behind RNG. The same as the 5* Tier.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aidonis wrote:
    He is the only character I'm excited for, one who's power actually matches his * level. Most of these 5*'s are characters who should have been 3 or 4*'s.

Fiction-wise Surfer, Phoenix, Banner, and Black Bolt definitely deserve to be on that tier. The rest I agree - 4* or lower.