MPQ At Marvel.com: 4-Star Blade For Halloween

Comments

• Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Heres an idea. How about you tell the devs instead of sitting around designing fail events like boss rush and new 4*s that are released too quickly that should take some time and figure out how make the game stable across all platforms and figure out how to have clearance levels that everyone loves in every event instead or only 1 or 2 per month. We just had a nrw character last week. We dont need another this week. What we need is a chance to get covers for the many many we already have i stead of continuing to dilute the pull rate with more and more useless characters with 3 or 4 covers that we cant use because you have the scaling turned up to god awful levels.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I *love* the design of these moves, as (in my opinion) they thematically justify a duplicate character better than most/all other dupes in the game. Blad3 was more about support and utility and keeping the thirst in-check, while Bl4de is built around releasing the beast for a full out assault. (I've also been enjoying the new move designs along the lines of "if condition X is met, ability changes to Y").

He sounds like he'll be incredibly fun to use, and I love how unpopular The Hunt is for character launches as it just means I usually rank even higher in that event. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Heres an idea. How about you tell the devs instead of sitting around designing fail events like boss rush and new 4*s that are released too quickly that should take some time and figure out how make the game stable across all platforms and figure out how to have clearance levels that everyone loves in every event instead or only 1 or 2 per month. We just had a nrw character last week. We dont need another this week. What we need is a chance to get covers for the many many we already have i stead of continuing to dilute the pull rate with more and more useless characters with 3 or 4 covers that we cant use because you have the scaling turned up to god awful levels.
    There's new toy just for whales to drop $$$ money at. Only bottom line is important for bean counters.
    The rest matters little.
    The untested, unfun, broken and riddled with bugs Boss Rush is swept under the carpet and won't be talked about at all.

I think release cycle was sped up to one new character every ~1.5 week.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Is blade already in the game?
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Is blade already in the game?

It's written in the article. Oct 20th starting with the hunt.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Aidonis wrote:
    The movie is a little over two weeks away....where is Dr. Strange?

Two possibilities:

1) "Two weeks away" means just in time for the next character release on the two-week cycle!

2) He'll be a 5* (there hasn't been one for a good while, by D3 standards) and thus doesn't have to follow the usual schedule.

Maybe he will be the first 6 star. He should at least be the best 5 star. He is the only character I'm excited for, one who's power actually matches his * level. Most of these 5*'s are characters who should have been 3 or 4*'s.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The designers pour |gravy| over all the different variations of a character.

Yum

It's a reasonable time to release a 6*, and would be another indication of 4*s being about done, which would be nice.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Lets hope the event will have CLs... no matter what 4* they will put in progress loot.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    With two versions of marvel's vampire-hunting half vampire, you'd think we'd get some vampires to stake. Maybe next Halloween?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aidonis wrote:

Two possibilities:

1) "Two weeks away" means just in time for the next character release on the two-week cycle!

2) He'll be a 5* (there hasn't been one for a good while, by D3 standards) and thus doesn't have to follow the usual schedule.
    It was mentioned at comic con that there will be both a 5 star and, oddly, a 3 star version of Dr. Strange. Whether that was an error of the person speaking, or there will actually be a new 3 star added, we have yet to see.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aidonis wrote:

No kidding. Was surprised to see this. Not to mention Medusa had been on the back burner for a few months now too.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another missed opportunity to introduce a horror themed character with a unique Halloween PVE.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay, another new character. It's been too long.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 11 black, I expect that at 5 covers he'll steal 4 (or more) from one colour AND 2 from each other colour. That, or create a ridiculous amount of red tiles, 8 at the very least.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Add me to the list of people who are missing out on a 13th Iceman cover because they are doing a new release. Grrrr...
  • zodiac339
    Pylgrim wrote:
    For 11 black, I expect that at 5 covers he'll steal 4 (or more) from one colour AND 2 from each other colour. That, or create a ridiculous amount of red tiles, 8 at the very least.
    But he doesn't steal (drain) unlike the Rare counterpart. He destroys. Hopefully the amount destroyed increases, and 8 red might be okay.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another missed opportunity to introduce a horror themed character with a unique Halloween PVE.

They usually have the first run of special PVE's after the release event (Deadpool vs MPQ for Deadpool, Meet Rocket and Groot for them, Enemy of the State for Elektra, whatever the wacky Howard the Duck one was, etc), so technically it's still possible, albeit unlikely.

I just hope the 4* DDQ for Blade is against 3* Blade...
  • zodiac339
    ZootSax wrote:
    I just hope the 4* DDQ for Blade is against 3* Blade...
    Nah. It'll be vs Iceman with rank 5 purpleflag.png .
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor

Boss Rush is enough of a scare for the rest of the year.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker

Furthermore I think it is possible to keep cleareance levels even with new release events (in this case Iceman is not a new character) and for the next event too. I get that they don't want to give us too many covers of a new charater, but they could easily give as progression one of the "oldies" or even a Legendary token or 25 commandpoints.png or 20 commandpoints.png .....but please DON'T EREASE CLEAREANCE LEVELS!

I am sick and tired of this "one step forward two steps back" , it's frustrating! icon_e_sad.gif