Next Season Updates: Gems, Star-Lord & Champion Rewards

Options

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After hours of deliberation we finally decided on "Power Gem" as the first infinity gem named season......now what were you saying about Boss Rush again???
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Felessa wrote:
    If someone didn't want the covers they knew they would get, so why raise? For exemple, My Colossus is "stopped" at 182 because I don't want Wolverine covers... so I'm waiting to see if he will get an update in the future too.
    Yeah, I'm hoping some new Guardians of the Galaxy characters make it in for the sequel. Since certain characters have a new affiliation, they could reasonably join as members of that team. So, Colossus > Kitty Pryde (Starlord). Maybe Agent Venom too?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    I can safely assume that if we already levelled a 3* past the cover reward, we will retroactively receive the new updated cover reward, right? Yes?

Yes, of course. You'll also lose any covers that are no longer appropriate. You'll also lose any rewards you gained from using those covers, as without the extra covers (on HB, for example) you wouldn't have gotten as far. So, you can have one Kate Bishop cover in exchange for one HB cover, plus any rewards you used HB to gain. Sound fair?
    Sounds fair to me. They can have the Yellow Thing cover back and the 0 rewards I earned from my 4/2/4 lvl 130 Thing. But only if they put Peggy's Yellow first (which they won't as it seems to go in the order the powers appear on the character).

Otherwise, it's a wash for me. Incomplete Thing/Incomplete Peggy. Peggy is at 3/0/4 for me, that would have been different if Bosh Rush hadn't turned out to be a Boss Flush.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Knaaks wrote:
    No no no no no no no no please my Hulkbuster has been at 12/13 for months, I have sold at least a dozen covers for him trying to get the last black cover, I had sold at least 5 blue covers before I got my first black, and my Iron Fist is at level 181! I'm begging, if we already have a character champed, can we PLEASE get the choice when we hit the threshold to pick either the old 4 star or the new one?

To champion my Hulkbuster I used 120cp.
    The following week I pulled the same cover hulkbuster from a legendary token.
    If you want him champed bad enough you will use your command points.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just jumping in with two minor insights :p

The old (soon to go) Captain Marvel to Thing is a Guardians of the Galaxy link.

Changing season to random names instead of Roman numerals is an accessibility thing. Show a new player they've missed out on 30+ things, it's demoralising. Doesn't matter that eventually someone could explain it to them, it's the first impressions that matter on someone wandering in from the app store. It's a game design choice.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    But only if they put Peggy's Yellow first (which they won't as it seems to go in the order the powers appear on the character).

Dunno. Deadpool yields redflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png while Psylocke yields blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png .

Neither of those are 4Pool's power predecence order.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    mjh wrote:

I can safely assume that if we already levelled a 3* past the cover reward, we will retroactively receive the new updated cover reward, right? Yes?

There is no precedent for that. It won't happen. If you've already earned a 4* cover you're not getting the new one. I'd bet a Stark on it.

I'm personally a little bummed about Quicksilver's reward change. I want Iceman covers way more than I want War Machine's, and I was one away.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Can we see the details? I suspect there might be people with expiring covers in their queue who'd like to know how best to use them.

Yep, 12 hours on mine. I'd have to sell a 2* for the iso. :/
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    But only if they put Peggy's Yellow first (which they won't as it seems to go in the order the powers appear on the character).

Dunno. Deadpool yields redflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png while Psylocke yields blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png .

Neither of those are 4Pool's power predecence order.

Shhhh....don't let the Devs hear it....
    otherwise, since the majority of us just have a champed cpt.Marvel past lev183, I bet they purposely will put a yellow Peggy at lev183 icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the change to champ rewards is an improvement. If you've already passed the threshold then so be it. You will eventually get the covers. If there is one thing I've learned in my 900 days of playing is that ISO is usually my bottleneck and not covers.

I do not expect retro covers because I already passed 183 on all my 3's. Heck, I probably have less than 10 under 223 at this point. Did I quick sell Cho's and Elektra's along the way? Of course I did but I was also able to collect rewards after that point including more LT's and CP's which I'm sure resulted in covers I did need or even 5's.

It's such a minor change that benefits the game overall. Please just accept it and move on. Still looking for a Boss Rush explanation though.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    of course I have 3 purple Starlord covers that will expire Wednesday before I can have a look at the numbers to decide if I should buy the last yellow I need to champion him icon_mad.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A bit annoyed Quicksilver is being changed. I'm at 181 with him with a green Iceman 2 levels away. I need that for 5! icon_e_sad.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    A bit annoyed Quicksilver is being changed. I'm at 181 with him with a green Iceman 2 levels away. I need that for 5! icon_e_sad.gif

same here im close on iceman but now hies going to give me a cover fro someone I won't fully cover for more than a year icon_e_smile.gif

Such are the breaks, some of them I am happy though , I don't remember which one was supposed to give me Elektra but now will something useful
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Star-Lord rework looks like fun!

As for the new 4* rewards, I've passed 183 with over half of them and mostly got stuff I could use. So, I'm neutral on the change. I'll get different stuff someday when I hit 223 with them. Now, if I could just get that 13th Star-Lord cover...
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Please, please, please, either grandfather in the old rewards for already champed characters, or let us choose. The only reason I champed Sentry is because my 515 rhulk needs that green cover at 183 and the green cover from 3thor is at level 265. I can't imaging how many more red and purple rhulk covers I'll have to sell otherwise.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm sure someone already brought this up, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around something:

They say they're done releasing 3 stars right? There are 40 3-stars currently, and after GwenPool there are now 40 4-stars as well. Not all the 4 stars that don't have a champion track are new.

No Dance Partners:

Wasp, Spider-Woman, Nova, Gwen Pool, Howard, Spider-Gwen, Devil Dino

Sharing a Dance Partner:

Vision (Cyk3 makes more sense for 4Cyke)
    Colossus (Patch makes more sense for XFW)
    KK (Storm slightly makes more sense for Th4r)
    She-Hulk (Hulk makes more sense for Cho)
    Ragnarok (Dak3n makes more sense for X23)
    Psylocke (Deadpool makes more sense for XDP)
    Blade (Hood fits better with Ghost Rider)

Not that these characters align perfectly with each other, because they don't, but its still better to have SOME kind of way of earning these characters. Ideally, you shouldn't have significantly more trouble earning one character over another of the same rarity-class. But still, these changes are definitely welcome.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had Thing at 1/5/5 forever now, pulling tons of Yellow/Green covers I can't use. I just got my Captain Marvel to 182...1 level from getting Thing Red.

Obviously Peggy is better than Thing (to me), but I can't help but feel sad and will probably keep getting the wrong Thing covers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure someone already brought this up, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around something:

They say they're done releasing 3 stars right? There are 40 3-stars currently, and after GwenPool there are now 40 4-stars as well. Not all the 4 stars that don't have a champion track are new.

No Dance Partners:

Wasp, Spider-Woman, Nova, Gwen Pool, Howard, Spider-Gwen, Devil Dino

Sharing a Dance Partner:

Vision (Cyk3 makes more sense for 4Cyke)
    Colossus (Patch makes more sense for XFW)
    KK (Storm slightly makes more sense for Th4r)
    She-Hulk (Hulk makes more sense for Cho)
    Ragnarok (Dak3n makes more sense for X23)
    Psylocke (Deadpool makes more sense for XDP)
    Blade (Hood fits better with Ghost Rider)

Not that these characters align perfectly with each other, because they don't, but its still better to have SOME kind of way of earning these characters. Ideally, you shouldn't have significantly more trouble earning one character over another of the same rarity-class. But still, these changes are definitely welcome.

I suspect this is what they are going for. My gut feeling is they may not have changed these ones because they have more 4*s coming to work with these. I don't think they are stopping 4* and we recently heard that there will be a 3* Dr. Strange. So we might seeing them trying to release a 3* with every 4* to keep this more in balance.

Just a guess.

EDIT: Speak of the Devil. With the announcement of 4* Blade (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53547) 3* Blade suddenly has a logical 'dance partner'
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This kind of sucks. The whole reason I champed Quicksilver was for Iceman covers. I never use him. Same for Sentry and Rulk covers. I pick what 3*s to champ (of those I never use) based on what 4* they give. The majority I've yet to get the first 4* cover on, it takes so long to get there. If they change that or worse, change more in the future, it makes planning who to champ impossible and ends up wasting the player a ton of ISO if the 4* changes from someone they want/need to someone they don't.
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would have done things differently. I would have maintained a one to one pairing of 3 star to 4 star at the beginning and added placeholders in the form of LTs to the remainder. Then, I would have announced on day one of championing that those LTs would be replaced with 4 star covers as new four stars were released.

But, hey, why do things with foresight and planning when you can arbitrarily change things without warning at a later date after everyone is invested in the way things are. It’s much funner that way. icon_rolleyes.gif