Next Season Updates: Gems, Star-Lord & Champion Rewards

Options

Comments

• Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    No no no no no no no no please my Hulkbuster has been at 12/13 for months, I have sold at least a dozen covers for him trying to get the last black cover, I had sold at least 5 blue covers before I got my first black, and my Iron Fist is at level 181! I'm begging, if we already have a character champed, can we PLEASE get the choice when we hit the threshold to pick either the old 4 star or the new one?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very cool updates! Are these gems new items, or just a name update only?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knaaks wrote:
    No no no no no no no no please my Hulkbuster has been at 12/13 for months, I have sold at least a dozen covers for him trying to get the last black cover, I had sold at least 5 blue covers before I got my first black, and my Iron Fist is at level 181! I'm begging, if we already have a character champed, can we PLEASE get the choice when we hit the threshold to pick either the old 4 star or the new one?

Time to champion IM40!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Glad to see there isn't explosive anger so far. Certainly some annoyance, but I was expecting worse from those that had already leveled their rares past 183 or more. On the other hand, now I need more roster space to farm Ms. Marvel into Captain Marvel. Eh, I guess it's fine. Getting this farm going is just going to take a while. Oh! I can junk my old Human Torch and not build a new one! Yay! (Sorry Thing, but you are not a priority character for me).

Season renaming is a little weird without a... vault? ARE YOU MAKING A SEASON VAULT!? Like, the Sweet and Savory tacos, replace the specific PVP tokens with [seasonal name vault] tokens. If you are doing that I AM SO ON BOARD!

Also, (sigh) I guess I can save the ISO for Starlord. Sorry DD. Imma' need to sell those extra covers instead of Champing you (even though your green is better than XF Wolverine's. Hah! Who am I kidding? I'm not sure if anyone has a worse green than XF Wolverine's).

EDIT: Oh. Multiple countdowns and no blackflag.png . Increased Drax/Kingpin Synergy. Especially Kingpin with purpleflag.png the only shared active color.
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My Iron fist is lvl 181 and i rly want that Black Hulkbuster. Do i get black HB if they change rewards or any 4* for lvl 183+ 3*? bcz Cap marvel /Cap america R&G and SW have lvl 183++
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Knaaks wrote:

Time to champion IM40!

I have him champed at level 179, which means he needs 44 more levels till I get the HB black cover, which means if I get bad luck and only pull IM40 when he is the featured character of the Deadpool Daily, I will get my Hulkbuster champed in about 3 and a half years... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knaaks wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Knaaks wrote:

Time to champion IM40!

I have him champed at level 179, which means he needs 44 more levels till I get the HB black cover, which means if I get bad luck and only pull IM40 when he is the featured character of the Deadpool Daily, I will get my Hulkbuster champed in about 3 and a half years... icon_rolleyes.gif

2* Hawkeye is your friend.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Knaaks wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Knaaks wrote:

Time to champion IM40!

You could just spend 120cp and buy the cover. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Glad to see there isn't explosive anger so far. Certainly some annoyance, but I was expecting worse from those that had already leveled their rares past 183 or more.
    Though if they announce that yellow Peggy is the cover at 183, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will commence!!!
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Happy about Capt Marvel > Peggy, got my first 3 Peggy covers this week! Finally a reason to champ both 2 & 3 star Capt Marvel (I regret selling all your covers...)

I don't know how to feel about Scarlet Witch, really wanted Prof X but I have 4 Quake covers....guess this is better?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mostly happy about the new champ rewards, but sad to see the Sentry. I need Red Hulks...

Crazy idea.. could you give the old 4* at 183 and the new one at 184? I'd forgive you for Boss Rush if you did.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ah, this is all great news for me.
    I already have some ideas to for Starlord. Like selling him for HP

I have all of those 3star championed (except Rocket/Groot who needs an extra non-green cover), and none of them have reached 183 (the two captains are just past 180).

Cap Marvel to Cap Peggy: Now it goes to a female captain to a female captain. I don't think there was any link between Carol and Ben, unless we reach very far, mentioning the unrelated She-Thing has used both the Ms. Marvel and Thing aliases. Also, I just championed Human Torch.

Iron Fist to Hawkeye: No strong opinion. Hulkbuster is among my most covered 4stars, and already has IM40 to provide covers. Kate, meanwhile, I would be happy if she and others start leaving the 1-cover zone.

Luke to Luke: It makes a lot more of sense than Kingpin, of course. Anyways, both have few covers, and would welcome more, but I already started building Bullseye, so he will provide for Fisk.

Frank to Franker: an upgrade, we could say. Also, I already started building Daredevil, so Elektra will still have new covers (not that she's been rare).

Pete to Jim: I sometimes forget I have War Machine rostered.

Grocket to Drax: That's fine, I guess. Both are 4stars I want to have more covers for to use test them better, but they can wait.

Wanda to Daisy: It's ok. A less niche character. Also, Charlie has can get covers fast anyways from Magneto farms.

Bob to Mark: While I would have wanted more Red Hulk covers, Ross is already receiving a slow but continuous stream of covers from random pulls. Moon Knight, meanwhile, only has it's cover from the Simulator.

Steve to Bucky: I ship it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knaaks wrote:

So much this. My 181 fist was going to give my 13th cover for buster. Now who knows when it will pull for me.

That was the one thing I was really excited about right now. It would of made buster my 3rd 13 cover 4* letting me compete at a bit higher level. Now I have to wait for 35 more 3* iron man or hope in rng.

Overall I like the new changes. But this one small tweak is pretty depressing.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    So, the 3* rewards currently give 4* covers at level 183, 223 and 265.
    Currently of the 9 you're going to change, all of them are past 183, with 5 past 223 and 1 at 265.
    Will, we be rewarded the new covers if we are past those levels??
    mjh wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
    Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) -> Luke Cage (Power Man)
    The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> The Punisher (MAX)
    Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
    Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Drax (The Destroyer)
    Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

I can safely assume that if we already levelled a 3* past the cover reward, we will retroactively receive the new updated cover reward, right? Yes?

*sigh* Why? You already got a 4* from them. There is asking for what's fair and there's being greedy. Sometimes I imagine the devs hesitating when releasing necessary changes like this one knowing that there will always be a subset of people that will get angry and demand unwarranted compensation.
    Exactly! Why on earth I would demand the 4* cover that will change for those chars I already leveled past 182??? I only have SW and Punisher bellow 180, but for the others, I knew what I would get from them, and I decided to accept it the moment I leveled them. If someone didn't want the covers they knew they would get, so why raise? For exemple, My Colossus is "stopped" at 182 because I don't want Wolverine covers... so I'm waiting to see if he will get an update in the future too.

By the way, nice updates, thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nick9819
    Nick9819 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was only 3 iron fists away from HB : ( now no HB for me
  • Danletendre
    Options
    These two will hurt me the most. Both Scarlet and IF are at 181 and I need HB black and PX purple
    I have 5 covers of flaptain and none of Bucky so even though I think Buck is a better 4* I stand to see better results faster if I can keep getting Flaptain covers
    I have 6 covers on Star-Lord vs 5 for Drax so I guess it's doesn't change much for this one
    Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    These are all nice changes for me
    Sure I would prefer RHulk and Iceman covers but considering that neither of these 3* are champed, I am for away from getting 4* covers from them anyway

So overall a pretty neutral change for me (3 good, 3 bad and 3 that won't make much difference for me)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Felessa wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    So, the 3* rewards currently give 4* covers at level 183, 223 and 265.
    Currently of the 9 you're going to change, all of them are past 183, with 5 past 223 and 1 at 265.
    Will, we be rewarded the new covers if we are past those levels??
    mjh wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)

I can safely assume that if we already levelled a 3* past the cover reward, we will retroactively receive the new updated cover reward, right? Yes?

*sigh* Why? You already got a 4* from them. There is asking for what's fair and there's being greedy. Sometimes I imagine the devs hesitating when releasing necessary changes like this one knowing that there will always be a subset of people that will get angry and demand unwarranted compensation.
    Exactly! Why on earth I would demand the 4* cover that will change for those chars I already leveled past 182??? I only have SW and Punisher bellow 180, but for the others, I knew what I would get from them, and I decided to accept it the moment I leveled them. If someone didn't want the covers they knew they would get, so why raise? For exemple, My Colossus is "stopped" at 182 because I don't want Wolverine covers... so I'm waiting to see if he will get an update in the future too.

By the way, nice updates, thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But what about the guys in this very thread that decided to level IF based on the IMHB champ reward and now it has been changed on them. This type of change can't be made without upsetting one group or the other, and I think they just need to try to rip the bandaid off as quickly as possible (like they seem to be doing here), but if their CS were worth anything they would make some exceptions for people that were pretty close to getting reward they wanted only to have it switched right before they earned it. It's a classic example of a bait and switch - even if unintentional, it still sucks to be on the receiving end of it.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Only my Sentry and Punisher are below 183 to affect me. I'm mainly upset about SW since I had to sell the first prof x cover and could really use the Quake. Iron fist was the missing piece for champing HB so I guess I'm glad I got that one already. Aside from Quicksilver not giving Iceman, I prefer the new changes, but I've been able to use the covers I already earned so I can't complain too much. Rocket and groot got me the fully covered Starlord who I plan to champ now
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mjh wrote:

Yes, of course. You'll also lose any covers that are no longer appropriate. You'll also lose any rewards you gained from using those covers, as without the extra covers (on HB, for example) you wouldn't have gotten as far. So, you can have one Kate Bishop cover in exchange for one HB cover, plus any rewards you used HB to gain. Sound fair?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Sleight of Hand - 10 AP
    Turns 1-3 selected non-Countdown tiles into 3-turn Countdown tiles which deal damage to the target.
    Upgrades include targeting Countdown tiles as well as dealing team damage when the Countdowns expire.

Everyone With Me - Passive
    Whenever an enemy fires a power, place a Countdown tile that gains AP in a random color. While at least one of these tiles is on the board, friendly powers have their AP costs reduced.
    Upgrades include more AP colors, More AP returned, and higher AP-cost reduction.
    There can only be 4 of these friendly Countdown tiles at any one point.

Oldest Trick in the Book - 8 AP
    Deals damage plus additional damage for every friendly Countdown tile.
    Up to 6 Countdown Tiles.
    Can we see the details? I suspect there might be people with expiring covers in their queue who'd like to know how best to use them.