Will we get a redname comment on boss rush today?

13»

Comments

• Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    you're assuming they've returned from the cruise we paid for already.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    The other issue I noticed was order of operations. Boss Phoenix was adding red tiles to the board for free at the start of her turn, reaping the benefit of any cascades, and then typically making another red match - it would have been better if the tiles were generated at the end of her turn or there was more of a delay before she could use all that AP she generated every turn. Banner was similar but slightly better because he had to wait a turn to transform before Hulk came out and clobbered you. SS's abilities were worded strangely in that he really only needed 6 cosmic tiles out to hit you for pretty big damage because his passive would make 4 which would then trigger his other passive that required 10 and then dealt the damage. Maybe it was just a bug, but IMO if you have 6 at the start of your turn and you make 4, you don't now have 10 "at the start of your turn."

Just wanted to emphasise this. The tile generation abilities of Boss Phoenix and Boss Banner were bad enough, coupled with 5* match damage that was universally high across all colours, but the fact that abilities like Surfer's cosmic tile generation counted the new cosmic tiles as "at the start of your turn" made it extremely difficult to play against. I think that needs tweaking. Likewise, the boss fights would have a greater degree of strategy involved if they had off-colours for match damage.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Will we ever get a red comment on this? Please at least acknowledge our concerns. Yes I opened a case and got the same generic response posted on the forum.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    This too has passed
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarouza wrote:
    This too has passed
    They have basically ignored us on all the issues we had with boss rush and are relying on their post last week saying they are monitoring the situation. They will make changes to the next run and say look we listened.

The reality is this. They want to make a significantly more challenging game out of what they have, but the player base just wants interesting content. We still want to be able tin win the majority of the time and not use cheep winfinity combos. They are delaying things we want like CL 8-10 and are giving us more new characters instead.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I like boss rush because it's different. I don't care about the absurd difficulty.

I don't like the lack of imaginination to make all the bosses unstunnable. I find it hard to believe they could not have going a different mechanic for some of them. Besides that, it's inconsistent. They say starlord yellow can't affect black because it's not in line with his comic book character. Bruce banner (not hulk , who could be tougher to stun, captain America, etc. Should be stunnable to keep true to their character.

Now, if when they get stunned, another character or goons show up out of no where, I could buy that because that sort of timing does actually happen in the comics all the time.

So the trade off would be face weaker opponents who don't automatically disappear when the main boss revives.

Also, is house protocol a known bug in that after activated, it they won't let you do damage to the main iron man?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Having been away from this game for a while, I'd have to say the forum is crazy to expect developers to comment on so meant things and hold players hands so much. I used to be the same way. I have played other games that have consistently communicated less. As a result those player bases aren't constantly complaining about the lack of communication.

When we get new features or content, we as players figure it out and help each other. 95% of this games are not player vs. Player.

I think when the game first started there was lots of communicating from developers, which is great at that stage of the game. However, it's no longer Beta test time. Imo, the development team now has the amount communication I would expect from the other games i have played.

I do think this games has serious player expectation flaws in how much time optimal game play takes and how much game progression pace is severely limited, especially for players that play what I would categorize as a same amount each day.

I think those flaws lead to player frustrations, which lead to a need to outrage. People love this addictive game, so that can't be the problem, so they constantly blame the lack of communication.

There are things to be upset about, but imo communication is not one.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    Tarouza wrote:
    This too has passed
    They have basically ignored us on all the issues we had with boss rush and are relying on their post last week saying they are monitoring the situation. They will make changes to the next run and say look we listened.

The reality is this. They want to make a significantly more challenging game out of what they have, but the player base just wants interesting content. We still want to be able tin win the majority of the time and not use cheep winfinity combos. They are delaying things we want like CL 8-10 and are giving us more new characters instead.
    I see several good solutions to this....

1) Tie scaling to Clearance Level. Want real rewards? Take on a real challenge.

2) Run classic story events alongside the more challenging Boss Rush type events, so that the regular PvE rewards aren't missed by an event that is too difficult for many to play.

3) Make these extra challenging modes optional (sorta like DDQ4). This kind of goes along with #2 but progress is limited in this game by fixed rewards and no repeatable content. So every event that you don't fully progress on feels like a missed opportunity. Make these super challenging modes offer HP or ISO only so that people don't feel as if they miss out on the CP/Covers they need to progress if they skip it.
This discussion has been closed.