Will we get a redname comment on boss rush today?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Topic and poll
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    They won't say anything about the difficultly or the format of the event, but I am curious as to whether they will address or acknowledge the point discrepancies that many people found where the node and boss clears did not take away as much health as they should have.

In my case, once I started looking for it (which wasn't until r8), I was about 50k behind where I should have been
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expect Buss Rush to re-run again on Thanksgiving week because what more to be thankful for than reaching round 6 and earning a 2* Storm cover! icon_lol.gif
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Punisher5784
    I expect Buss Rush to re-run again on Thanksgiving week because what more to be thankful for than reaching round 6 and earning a 2* Storm cover! icon_lol.gif

You mean what better way to force you to actually spend time with your family, right?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect they'll need a couple of days to analyze the data. Some people actually finished. The overriding frustration from the boards means nothing in the face of playtime and success rate.

Maybe we're all just a bunch of whiny crybabies who can't hack it. I know I am. I tapped out halfway through. They likely had some sort of target metric, and now they have data. They need to reconcile that and then filter it through PR to formulate a response.

If there is any official statement, I would guess it will either be "this is exactly what we intended, thanks for the data!" or "This event did not meet our expectations, here's a free hero token".
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    adamdivine wrote:
    They won't say anything about the difficultly or the format of the event, but I am curious as to whether they will address or acknowledge the point discrepancies that many people found where the node and boss clears did not take away as much health as they should have.

I hope we get both. We'll probably get neither.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker

A bit more than halfway through full progression netted us a 3* Black Dr Doom (702,000 out of 1,200,000).

To put that in perspective, CL7 for Unstable ISO, a bit more than halfway through full progression gets us a 4* Blue Peggy (23,000 out of 44,000).

I mean I know it's a not exactly apples to apples, but it's close enough.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    adamdivine wrote:

In my case, once I started looking for it (which wasn't until r8), I was about 50k behind where I should have been

Will anything be done in regards to this? Some actually had to do extra clears of the boss to finish a round.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    A bit more than halfway through full progression netted us a 3* Black Dr Doom (702,000 out of 1,200,000).

To put that in perspective, CL7 for Unstable ISO, a bit more than halfway through full progression gets us a 4* Blue Peggy (23,000 out of 44,000).
    Added bonus: unlike Boss Rush, Unstable ISO doesn't make you want to start cutting yourself...
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

Added bonus: unlike Boss Rush, Unstable ISO doesn't make you want to start cutting yourself...

People celebrating a chance to fight Dark Avengers for the 623,197th time. Mission Accomplished?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    For the record, my vote is no.

In the event we do, the content will be along these lines...

"We hear what you're saying."
    lR.jpg
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    People celebrating a chance to fight Dark Avengers for the 623,197th time. Mission Accomplished?
    Kinda like how Michael Douglas appreciated is wife way more by the end of Fatal Attraction...
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    It might be close. It's 5:06pm Eastern time and I see a red name lurking online.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sun's going down...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couldn't find the option I would have voted for, which would read something like:

calvinhobbes1.jpg
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    What do you want them to say?

Sorry we didn't test it at all and not only it was unplayable but also robbed you of your hard earned points giving you 1/3 or 2/3 only?

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    We can't even get a red or green name to take a few seconds to re-pin the "Boss Rush" thread.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Still waiting on responses to:
    the week where Facebook rewards were being prompted but not send
    the Devil Dino PVP not giving ISO
    I'd ask for these before the Boss Rush issue
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    an1979 wrote:
    What do you want them to say?

Sorry we didn't test it at all and not only it was unplayable but also robbed you of your hard earned points giving you 1/3 or 2/3 only?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, something like: "we have heard your complaints and are sorry that a lot of you didnt enjoy boss rush as much as we expected. Looking at our data, we have noticed a substantially lower success rate that we anticipated, for both veterans and newer players. In fact, only X% of players beat all 3 waves in round 8 at least once. The anniversary ceoebration is meant to be just that: a celebration. In light of the fact that so many of you had a bad experience, we are going to award everyone who played at least 1 match in boss rush Y compensation. Thanks for playing and providing us with so much useful feedback!"

Not perfect, but that would be a decent start.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    adamdivine wrote:

It was only "0.4% of the playerbase." (from the grandfathered exploit announcement)
    I am going to keep using this and hopefully this catches on the same as "you are supposed to lose"
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    dsds wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:

It was only "0.4% of the playerbase." (from the grandfathered exploit announcement)
    I am going to keep using this and hopefully this catches on the same as "you are supposed to lose"

You have great troll goals.
This discussion has been closed.