Accessing Shield Servers...

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    I'm on Android (Galaxy S4). Slice 5 of Simulator Day 3 was fine, but am getting the error on DDQ and Venom Bomb. Tried at least an app restart, about to try rebooting the whole phone too.

Edit:Venom Bomb eventually came up around 9am, still waiting on DDQ.
  • Caracticus
    Caracticus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Same for me on simulator Rd 3. Android.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Yeah same here except now 3 hours later can finally access all of them
  • Caracticus
    Caracticus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    It seems to be working for me now, but we've all lost a lot of time unfortunately.
  • GoreSlasher
    GoreSlasher Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    Yes, same problem for DDQ on iPad.

UPDATE--Somebody suggested to play the other modes and it will be fixed. One fight in versus did the trick.
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I did the entry node (main simulator node w/doom/chulk/2cap) and it unlocked for me. Maybe this will work for the rest of you? Good luck.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here cannot access sim 3. I tried playing the event node but it did not unlock it for me. Slice 5 on Steam. I will be very, very unhappy if this prevents me from getting my Gwenpool cover and all of that iso......
  • D26
    D26 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Can't access round 3 either, on iOS.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Waited 2 hours last night for Sim sub 3 and couldnt get in. Got up to this morning and sub 3 was available but now DDQ has same issue. I missed out on my prime playing time last night and it WILL mean I wont hit max progression, which after slogging through the first 2 subs of Sim really, really Sucks!!!!!

Contacted support last night, waiting to see what they say....

Happening on both Android and iOs

UPDATE: got a response from support around 5:30pm Central time, but it was only asking for more info about the issue
  • wralen
    wralen Posts: 3
    Playing on Steam: this issue has been fixed for me in the past 20 minutes or so. Thank you!
  • nine00
    nine00 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    Cant play my deadpool daily because it's stuck accessing shield servers. Bleh!
  • It's so annoying. The event has said accessing shield servers since last night. And even the daily Deadpool challenge is giving me that error message. Cant play or do anything.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited October 2016
    Waited 2 hours last night for Sim sub 3 and couldnt get in. Got up to this morning and sub 3 was available but now DDQ has same issue. I missed out on my prime playing time last night and it WILL mean I wont hit max progression, which after slogging through the first 2 subs of Sim really, really Sucks!!!!!

UPDATE: got a response from support around 5:30pm Central time, but it was only asking for more info about the issue

It continues!! My venom bomb just started up, played main node just fine, but sub node 1 says accessing shield servers..... And everytime I quit and re-open it thinks I haven't played the main node
  • Bas78
    Bas78 Posts: 1
    Lost gwenpool and now having the same issue in the sub-event.

Android phone, Note 4.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

It continues!! My venom bomb just started up, played main node just fine, but sub node 1 says accessing shield servers.....

me too. on iPhone.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I've had the slice 5 simulator error which seemed to correct itself in a few hours. I've had the Venom Bomb and DDQ errors since they went "active". I've had the app completely closed for several hours and I have still have the Accessing Shield Servers for both events. Playing nodes in Simulator and BFF did not fix them.

iPhone 5S, iOS 10.02
  • Deadpools Daily has been accessing servers for 7 hours since I first tried to open it. I did some Pvp and played some simulator hoping it would open. That was 7 hours ago. Rebooting the app has no affect. On android.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    My Android account finally got into Simulator 3 after a couple of hours. Managed top 20, which was a pleasant surprise. DDQ got the Spinning Rings Of Server Death when I got up this morning, but somehow fixed itself.

Now my Steam account has spinning rings on Venom Bomb and DDQ, DDQ has another 3 hours 15 minutes to go, but I'm holding out no hope of it spontaneously working. That account's Devil Dinosaur isn't great, but not even having a chance at the legendary token sucks mightily.

I kind of have a theory as to what's going on. I don't think that it's caused by loading up the event details, it's the calculation of scaling for the event. I'm guessing some dodgy code and deadlocks on the database while fetching "some performance data". As such, it doesn't matter how often you kill the application, if it can't do dirty reads it will just wait patiently, and the connection timeout is set to something like timeout.infinite, or whatever the equivalent is in, well, whatever language they happen to be using.

I'm sure that we'll have a full explanation, in the fullness of time.

:edit: Venom Bomb just freed itself. Not that I care about that event...
    :edit2: Just over 2 hours to go, I checked and DDQ is there. Yippee. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    My slice 5 of BFF ended and DDQ finally became active with 3 hours left to go. Venom Bomb is still Accessing
  • Sheild server would load for almost over an hour.. finaly got in.. started my round.. and when i get to gwenpool node.. shes gone.. vanished.. 4 covered gween and leveled as high as she can go.. vanished.. This even is a waste.. Slice 5 btw. And of course cuz of the holiday monday here in canada we will not hear anything till tuesday or wensday now.. GG