Dino Vault = meh for vets now?

13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought a 40/10/1 yesterday. I had -never- bought a 40 before. I think I bought one 10-pack ever.

I -love- the anniversary vault, best one ever imo. Already had Dino champed, reset my vault and have him at 279. Rawrr!

I try to encourage folks to champion both Dino and Howard as soon as possible - for now, they are the only 4*'s that have regular PVP's! (yes...once a year....that's more than most!). I encourage everyone to champ everyone if you can - get the LT's, get the CP, work towards progression.

But this vault is also awesome in that has many other 4*'s (champ your other characters) and three LT's (progression!).
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Why are we still arguing over 9 covers of Devil Dinosaur in a vault? Time to move on and complain about something that has more importance. This is a more rewarding anniversary than last year. So some appreciation instead of showing how greedy most people in this forum are. It's just a game. This was a stupid thread to begin with. The only disappointment to me is that Devil Dinosaur didn't receive a good enough buff. They should have left ap cost alone and made his red and green do 5k damage and his purple move his tiles around and stun 1 character for 1 turn. Tired of seeing mostly petty complaints in the forums.

But. . .But. . .

That's one of the topics I was trying to discuss with this thread. Part of the reason that Dino is a meh prize for people who have him fully covered but not champed is that his buff wasn't good.

How can you complain about my "petty" thread and then agree with my argument?

Then the title shouldn't be about the vault then. Focusing on 9 out 100 prizes from vault is petty. I don't think D3 needs to make only vets happy. This vault is for everyone. If Dinosaur covers aren't good enough then the 1k iso should be.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    tiomono wrote:
    I will say I agree it would be nice if dino had significantly lower level up costs. But he is a trophy character. Trophies should be hard to get.
    ?
    "Dino is hard to get" is the one complaint you're not gonna see...

OK I'll bite, my biggest complaint is Devil Dinosaur is hard to get.

Also never say never.
  • I don't really care about the vault or DD. The double ISO on offer is giving me plenty to think about. 7k for one node last night. That's what I call value for the modest effort required to get it. DDQ also coughing up plenty.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Then the title shouldn't be about the vault then. Focusing on 9 out 100 prizes from vault is petty. I don't think D3 needs to make only vets happy.

Where have I ever said that only vets should be happy!? In this thread or anywhere else on these boards. Maybe you could read the post and respond to its content rather than reading the title, projecting your own opinions into a strawman, and then attacking the strawman.
    This vault is for everyone. If Dinosaur covers aren't good enough then the 1k iso should be.

That's just silly. Iso is nice; I won't say no to it. But let's not pretend that 1k iso is anything near equal value to a prized 4* cover.

Why the **** does everyone read "hey, this reward isn't terribly compelling for people in a particular situation" and read "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I want free stuff for me right now and less for everyone else!"?

Balancing this game for all types of player is quite challenging. It's even harder if demi doesn't get feedback from players. I was providing some feedback: Dino is not worth the cost of champing, so offering him as a prize is not very compelling once players have 13 covers for him. It's not the end of the world, but it's something that Demi might want to consider when they think about, not because it's unfair, or because vets deserve special treatment, but because vets in that position might be more inclined to spend some cash on the anniversary event if the rewards were more compelling). As you said, the game should be for everyone!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I don't really care about the vault or DD. The double ISO on offer is giving me plenty to think about. 7k for one node last night. That's what I call value for the modest effort required to get it. DDQ also coughing up plenty.

Today's is even easier. icon_lol.gif
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:

Then the title shouldn't be about the vault then. Focusing on 9 out 100 prizes from vault is petty. I don't think D3 needs to make only vets happy.

Where have I ever said that only vets should be happy!? In this thread or anywhere else on these boards. Maybe you could read the post and respond to its content rather than reading the title, projecting your own opinions into a strawman, and then attacking the strawman.

I like strawberries not strawmen.
    This vault is for everyone. If Dinosaur covers aren't good enough then the 1k iso should be.

That's just silly. Iso is nice; I won't say no to it. But let's not pretend that 1k iso is anything near equal value to a prized 4* cover.

Stop clowning around Silly Billy

Why the tinykitty does everyone read "hey, this reward isn't terribly compelling for people in a particular situation" and read "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I want free stuff for me right now and less for everyone else!"?

What the tinydoggy is going on here?

Balancing this game for all types of player is quite challenging. It's even harder if demi doesn't get feedback from players. I was providing some feedback: Dino is not worth the cost of champing, so offering him as a prize is not very compelling once players have 13 covers for him. It's not the end of the world, but it's something that Demi might want to consider when they think about, not because it's unfair, or because vets deserve special treatment, but because vets in that position might be more inclined to spend some cash on the anniversary event if the rewards were more compelling). As you said, the game should be for everyone!

Thor is a demi God and Devil Dinosaur is a red T-Rex that is compelling. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    For what it's worth I agree with the OP in every point. It is a pretty small gripe in an otherwise pretty awesome looking Anniversary, but it's a real point. Devil Dinosaur's buff is pretty much entirely underwhelming, and it's really hard to justify the Iso to champ him instead of another 4*. Even at the discounted rate, that's a whole lot of Iso.

At a certain point you champ 4*s just to increase your chance of using 4* covers. Devil Dinosaur doesn't really offer much here, as his covers are given out once a year. I was thinking about it before the Anniversary - he's kind of fun and it would be neat, but after seeing the "buff" he got last night I decided against it, and I'll save the Iso for PX or Elektra or Mister Fantastic or something. At least then I don't have to curse too hard when I draw them from a LT...

Sure, it's a first world problem. Sure, it's awesome that I'm in this position in the first place, but that does not make the point illegitimate.

Regardless, this is already shaping up to be a better Anniversary than last year.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Little disappointed in the vault myself, I chose not to roster dino long ago. It would have been nice to see them spruce it up a bit and throw in a five star or two, but ill gladly take the iso and hp.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I'm happy with it. Already have gotten a 4* Deadpool and 1k and 600 HP. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I got a funny feeling that I won't able to draw icon_devildino.png from the vault, as I reckon I'm in the minor group that want its covers (for champ rewards).
  • Radioactive_Toy
    Radioactive_Toy Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    [url][/url]
    Calnexin wrote:
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Pair him with Starlord and you can constantly be hitting the opponent.

That's going to be the best image in my mind for the day. Starlord riding a dinosaur and encouraging it to chomp. Maybe an extra set of headphones for Dino, for the funs.

You mean this?

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/index.aspx ... uctId=2192

Sorry, I'm on mobile and can't shrink it, but it's worth it for the laughs.