Cho fix discussion

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, now that they know the problem, how will they fix it?

Will we get additional roster slot, or will the cho cover be removed and everyone getting blue cover?

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as a free roster slot would be appreciated, it wouldn't fully solve the problem. People that already had a Cho on their roster now have two, and no way combine them.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    The way I see it the options are to do nothing and have everyone throw a big stinking fit, give everyone a single cover and some people will whine and moan that it isn't the color they got before that they needed, or give everyone three covers, one of each color, which would be more than the intended reward but would also shut everyone up and move everyone's focus to the anniversary event we are looking forward to.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    brisashi wrote:
    give everyone three covers, one of each color

I'm for this.
  • the easiest fix is to have everyone beat the event, sell the rostered cover and then reissue a new cover to everyone that beat it when the event ends.

everyone ends plus 1000 iso and no harm no foul.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what I got back from support.
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We appreciate that you took this time to report the issue experienced. It would seem that the issue experienced with the Amadeus Inferno PvE Story event was a known issue experienced by a large amount of players within the game. A fix for this issue should be released with the patch released for today. After the patch is released, the rewards will be updated in game and you should receive them without anymore trouble.

If you have received a second The Hulk (Totally Awesome) Character recruited into your Roster due to the issue experienced, we welcome players to either sell this character for extra Iso-8 or to keep the character as a gift for the issue experienced.

If you would like to read more on this issue, you can do so by visiting the forums using the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=52698

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Amadeus Inferno PvE Story event after today's patch, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Wording is unclear but it sounds like if we cleared it we should just get the hulk cover we're owed when the patch comes out, then we can sell the extra rostered one.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    This is what I got back from support.
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We appreciate that you took this time to report the issue experienced. It would seem that the issue experienced with the Amadeus Inferno PvE Story event was a known issue experienced by a large amount of players within the game. A fix for this issue should be released with the patch released for today. After the patch is released, the rewards will be updated in game and you should receive them without anymore trouble.

If you have received a second The Hulk (Totally Awesome) Character recruited into your Roster due to the issue experienced, we welcome players to either sell this character for extra Iso-8 or to keep the character as a gift for the issue experienced.

If you would like to read more on this issue, you can do so by visiting the forums using the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=52698

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Amadeus Inferno PvE Story event after today's patch, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Wording is unclear but it sounds like if we cleared it we should just get the hulk cover we're owed when the patch comes out, then we can sell the extra rostered one.

Got the same response, sounds like its to the ISO dump for the extra cover. Will wait until I get the replacement cover before selling the extra.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    If you plan on selling the one they are going to give you later when the patch is live. You might as well save the 1 cover you have rostered and apply a second cover. Then sell that one for 4000iso!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Be careful not to add the cover to the wrong Cho. Done that before. icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has it landed for anybody yet? CS just emailed me to ask for a 'how satisfied are you' rating, but I've not gotten my replacement blue cover yet (I haven't sold the bugged Cho yet, either).
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Has it landed for anybody yet? CS just emailed me to ask for a 'how satisfied are you' rating, but I've not gotten my replacement blue cover yet (I haven't sold the bugged Cho yet, either).

Same situation here. Hoping it hits sometime today.
  • Obitim
    Obitim Posts: 4
    Just raised the issue to support as not got my replacement yet...
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    They haven't responded to me. I wasn't given a blue. I was given a black. Other alliance members got green.

I proved it in my initial ticket; proved it with a screenshot.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    There's got to be a couple thousand confused causal players out there.
    I was the second person in my bracket last night to complete the first four nodes, then put it on hold because of the bug, and now over 400 people in my bracket alone have completed the gauntlet, while I'm still waiting on either a patch or some kind of official messaging telling me it's safe to finish.

At the least, I would have expected some further communication today beyond the one post here on the forums, telling us if that patch is coming today or if things are working OK now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    No fix for the roster here yet either. It looks like they did fix the node but that does nothing to help the people who already finished it earlier and encountered the bug. The node now shows the blue reward, but it is still marked as completed. LakeStone's sticky in the bugs forum was very vague. He said the rewards would be fixed, but did that just mean the rewards on the node? Are there more fixes incoming for the rosters? Because there's still a problem for many people that hasn't been fixed.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    No fix for the roster here yet either. It looks like they did fix the node but that does nothing to help the people who already finished it earlier and encountered the bug. The node now shows the blue reward, but it is still marked as completed. LakeStone's sticky in the bugs forum was very vague. He said the rewards would be fixed, but did that just mean the rewards on the node? Are there more fixes incoming for the rosters? Because there's still a problem for many people that hasn't been fixed.
    this is my concern at this point as well. i received the same response from CS as others, and it was similarly vague.

that's cool that the node now appears to be fixed. however, that doesn't help me and the broken reward i've already received.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    beware that if you need to buy another roster slot, you have to pay for that messed up cho roster slot to get it back to even and then buy another one. this happened to me because I had a cover that was expiring and needed to buy a roster slot.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Do we need to put in a CS ticket to get it fixed? My cho is championed so I don't care what colour I get but I just want my 2nd cho removed and cover put in inventory to add to my champion cho

Ok So put in ticket in morning if still dont have it fixed
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Okay, it's officially "after today". How long do we have to wait for the fix? It kinda stinks that if I had waited and done it today, I'd have my cover now, but because I did it early, I'm having to wait to get my cover.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I've got random green and he is at 5 green already I will gladly pick up the blue one that was intended. Also I have one green in the queue that I can't use (5-1-1....). So there is extra iso for me when I combine the bugged one with the one in the queue and level them a bit (and extra XP). Win-win.