MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2016 Edition *Updated (10/27/16)

Options

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Holy ****, Combined Arms? Last played over a year ago? Will it still be 1, 2, 3 star or is it 2, 3, 4 star now?

Very exciting!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Holy ****, Combined Arms? Last played over a year ago? Will it still be 1, 2, 3 star or is it 2, 3, 4 star now?

Very exciting!

This was answered in this thread already.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice yellow peggy for 900 in combined arms
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      (10/20/2016) Sentry The Punisher Blade Wolverine Human Torch Required: Sam Wilson (Captain America)

I can't seem to find the thread, but I thought I recalled that they were going to tone down the opponent for 4* Sam Wilson. Am I completely making that up or did they say they were doing that?

Yep, found here: Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments

They also mentioned they were toning down Jean Grey's crash, but that last fight against Moonstone didn't feel toned down (although that may just be me; can't say for certain cover levels for each crash)
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/20/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events. Added link to Blade (Modern) stats.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *banging head against wall* Please! Stop! Following! Release! With! Heroic! PVE!
    At least revamp the way Heroics work. Lock out Villains.
    Lock out villains.
    All you have to do is lock out villains and Bam! Heroic! Heroes! Please. I hate Heroic roster lockout so very much! It's an awful system. Please!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2016
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
      Unstable Iso-8 The Hunt - Essentials: 4*
    icon_iceman.png , 3* icon_deadpool.png , 2* icon_captainamerica.png
    Venom: Heroic

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      (10/20/16 - 10/26/16) 4* - Deadpool, Peggy Carter, The Punisher, Wolverine 3* - Daredevil, Human Torch, Iron Man, Squirrel Girl, Thor 2* - Daken, Hawkeye 1* - Spider-Man, Storm
  • kramer2410
    Options
    So what are the chances that next heroic pve will have scl?
  • stochasticism
    Options
    kramer2410 wrote:
    So what are the chances that next heroic pve will have scl?

100%
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    actually not a bad list for use in a heroic. no real cd control (2cap maybe but mine hasn't sprouted on the farm yet this season) but im40 with options for the ap in xpool, peggy and pun. and decent 3* abilities for the ap too with torch and daredevil.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dr. Strange! Dr. Strange! Dr. Strange!

Someone let me know when I arrive. icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    Options
    Dr. Strange! Dr. Strange! Dr. Strange!

Someone let me know when I arrive. icon_e_smile.gif

I'm guessing after Venom:Heroic
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    *banging head against wall* Please! Stop! Following! Release! With! Heroic! PVE!
    At least revamp the way Heroics work. Lock out Villains.
    Lock out villains.
    All you have to do is lock out villains and Bam! Heroic! Heroes! Please. I hate Heroic roster lockout so very much! It's an awful system. Please!

whats funny is you grind and grind and grind like crazy to get the new 4 star and then dont even use it cause most skip the heroic that follows
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    at least this heroic has CLs and blade in progression. that's a huge step forward. if they force heroics, make them worth a dern. with no CL and no 4 in progression, sure, there was very little reason to subject yourself to it sometimes. I don't look forward to the next heroic with susan, reed, and Elektra boosted. this one works on many levels with im40 and a good 4* group.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/24/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events, Weekly Buffs, and Deadpool's Daily Quest.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Doctor Doom - Doctor's Orders Kamala Khan - Teenage Riot Blade (Modern) - ??? Ghost Rider - Vicious Cycle

*(10/24/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events, Weekly Buffs, and Deadpool's Daily Quest.

4* pvp (Ghost Rider) that isn't for a new release - is it for Halloween or are we finally moving to 4* pvp?
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    4* pvp (Ghost Rider) that isn't for a new release - is it for Halloween or are we finally moving to 4* pvp?

That'll be the event that starts on Sunday 10/30 and ends Wednesday 11/2, so if I was a betting man, I'd wager it's just a Halloween special.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (10/27/16 - 11/02/16)
    4* - Carnage, Invisible Woman, Luke Cage, War Machine
    3* - Blade, The Hood, The Hulk, The Punisher, Vision
    2* - Steve Rogers, Thor
    1* - Hawkeye, Iron Man

Yikes... get ready to see a lot of OML & Phoenix... Out of the boosted 4*: 1 hurts your team constantly, baglady, a character that was released not even a month ago and War Machine, the definition of average. Welp.

Luke Cage shouldnt be powered-up already since he's that new, can we get someone that not only the whales can use?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    (10/27/16 - 11/02/16)
    2* - Steve Rogers, Thor
    1* - Hawkeye, Iron Man

Yikes... get ready to see a lot of OML & Phoenix... Out of the boosted 4*: 1 hurts your team constantly, baglady, a character that was released not even a month ago and War Machine, the definition of average. Welp.

Luke Cage shouldnt be powered-up already since he's that new, can we get someone that not only the whales can use?
    Based on the standard 4* buff rotation (documented here), this was expected to be an underwhelming week, as it should have been Carnage, IW, War Machine and Miles Morales. They just rotated in Luke Cage in place of Miles, and a new character joining now is not out of the ordinary. New 4*s have entered into the weekly 4* rotation approximately 4 weeks after their PVP event -- this is slightly less than 4 weeks (Cage's event ended 10/2) but fairly close to that. It's been that way since I started tracking the 4* buff rotation.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    (10/27/16 - 11/02/16)
    2* - Steve Rogers, Thor
    1* - Hawkeye, Iron Man

As one of my alliance mates also pointed out, EoTS is not known for being one of the easier events either. That's gonna be a grind for us PVE folks. At least we get a 4 star.pngicon_cyclops.png out of it.