Tournament Buff and Tile damage

Options

Comments

• if juggernaut's damage is affected then i'm sorry

But i do hope the change remains for future tournaments (buffed chars do buffed damage, but stay in the back).
  • Also, a level 40 jugg thats suddenly unbuffed isn't going to make or break your position for this tourney. Take him out for a multitude of characters that are better. It's not like they're forcing you to use juggs.
  • the whole point of many of us who leveled juggernaut was to use him for this tournament. telling us that oh theres replacements for him 4 hours before the end of the tournament and 10k+ iso invested in him sounds incredibly callous. the bug should be brought to attention and fixed (explained, if the reasoning is to stop low level meat shields)
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Also, a level 40 jugg thats suddenly unbuffed isn't going to make or break your position for this tourney. Take him out for a multitude of characters that are better. It's not like they're forcing you to use juggs.
    I don't have any characters that could replace him that are better than he was while he was buffed. Storm and Storm and Thor and Iron Man are the only characters I have that either have enough HP or do enough damage to be any use at this level in the tournament, and Thor and Iron Man don't go well together.

It's a shame, I thought the buffed characters for tournaments were a nice idea, it lent variety to the game, meant you had a reason to use characters you wouldn't normally use (like Jugganaught). I hope they change it back, how it is currently is pointless - a buffed character that never does any damage!
  • jugg is doing proper damage now.
  • No he's not. And it isn't just jug. I noticed a similar issue with an unbuffed venom. I gave up trying to keep my place in the tournament because I kept getting out gunned by a juggernaut attacking me with full damage and I couldn't do the same back. Took a lot of the fun out for me.
  • No he's not. And it isn't just jug. I noticed a similar issue with an unbuffed venom. I gave up trying to keep my place in the tournament because I kept getting out gunned by a juggernaut attacking me with full damage and I couldn't do the same back. Took a lot of the fun out for me.

i fought a level 40 jugg that was shattering for what it should be doing. Maybe it was only working for defense? I dunno
  • abilities weren't affected, its when our (players) juggernauts clearly had higher matching stats than our other characters, he'd be disregarded. basically becoming a support character.

i literally played him as a support character, keeping him in the back headbutting away while my other characters tanked, which worked out nicely
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    How does it defeat a large part of the point of boosts? The character boosted still does more damage, but doesn't end up becoming a cheapo damage sponge to prevent the rest of your team from taking damage.

Did you think the devs expected players to abuse c.storm + free low hp characters that hit hard and thus always take hits to trigger her passive?

Except it's making me raging tempest more, not less. If IM40 damage isn't going to work anyways, there's no reason to use and level my own version when I can stick with the lower HP version, get more damage, and get a free heal every fight. Additionally, the only colour he's matching over cstorm is red, so there's no reason for me to put in wolverine, thor, or anyone else with red and high HP, best to stick to someone who can match purple or black and proc more tempests. It's already gone off more than it did in the pre-patch ffa tournament.
  • Developers - is anything happening with this? I have no idea if the game is currently bugged regarding buffed characters and their tile damage, or if it is intended. It would be nice to have an update. Apologies if this has been posted already.
  • i assume the dev's are conspicuously absent cuz they don't work the weekends.

ie. we'll hear news or have it fixed on monday.
  • IceX seemed surprised in the General Forum as I recall.
  • I don't think it's intended. Seems like an odd thing to do.

I managed to find some teams with higher level Iron Mans to fight and it appears that AI is working the same way ie. Storm doing damage for blue matches instead of the very boosted Iron Man. Kinda frustrating because I want my Iron Man to be hitting opponents on defense and discouraging them from attacking me again.
  • Yeah, it's a little bit annoying as I focused all my energy mid week to power up the new Iron Man for this event. He's still been very useful, but without this presumed bug he would have been even more imposing. Hey ho icon_e_smile.gif
  • I leveled up my Iron Man to level 38, which is my current max on him. I then brought in people who were just under his shatter marks so that I'd continue to get the buffs.

At level 38, he does 20 dmg yellow, 23 dmg red. Brought in a level 34 Thor that does 19 dmg yellow, 22 dmg red. It works fairly well but I have no idea if the trade off is worth it. Really helps keep that 8.5 crit multiplyer useful considering that his enviro tiles are worth 8!
  • This is still broken.
  • Ok... it was recognized as a bug, but now there is possibility it will be implemented as a function. More details here, <bug> paragraph -> link
  • I for one like the change.
  • This being added as a feature would be ****, and there would be no point using a boosted hero.
    In the Thor tournament Thor is my cover with the highest skill in red matches, but instead it decides to use
    a hero that red isnt even one of their 3 main matches.

Why use my normal thor just to see my other heroes beat up instead of him doing anything other then abilities, when
    I could just use the free version that heals every game with classic storm to get in free tempest.
  • Light wrote:
    This being added as a feature would be ****, and there would be no point using a boosted hero.
    In the Thor tournament Thor is my cover with the highest skill in red matches, but instead it decides to use
    a hero that red isnt even one of their 3 main matches.

Why use my normal thor just to see my other heroes beat up instead of him doing anything other then abilities, when
    I could just use the free version that heals every game with classic storm to get in free tempest.

just buff your thor to the point where his default red/green/yellow damage is higher than your other 2 heroes. Or don't bring along iron man, storm, or anybody else that could be sharing colors with thor.