Are transitioning players "supposed to lose" in PvP?

13»

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I started my 4* transition something like the 2 years ago, it usually took me 3-6 shields to hop to reach the PVP progression, doing 1-2 matches each hop. (sometimes 3, especially when Sentry-bombing was alive.) And I usually had to save for a couple of events to have enough HP to do that.

Is getting the 900 pt progression not possible with 3-6 shields and a 3* roster?
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    scottee wrote:

Is getting the 900 pt progression not possible with 3-6 shields and a 3* roster?

I'm working mostly off a 3* roster and 3 Shields (one of each type) and I haven't been able to hit 900 yet. Maybe Psylocke would be better but I doubt it.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    mikeylu wrote:
    PVP has always been not noob friendly, all the vets went through it, so must the noobs.. the point of PVE is to build up your roster so you can compete in PVP..in all honesty they have made roster progression much easier now then it was back in the day..

I didnt even participate in PVP until almost a year out..

call it MPQ hazing if you will.

This is true. But is it desirable? Wouldn't it be better if every player could play the game mode that appeals most to them from day 1?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    scottee wrote:
    When I started my 4* transition something like the 2 years ago, it usually took me 3-6 shields to hop to reach the PVP progression, doing 1-2 matches each hop. (sometimes 3, especially when Sentry-bombing was alive.) And I usually had to save for a couple of events to have enough HP to do that.

I used 4 Shields in Cage before calling it a day.

That MAY have been because it was Cage though. Shield use got me to 800, then any attempt to hop was a waste.

I put in a big scrap against a better team, got 40 points, had lost 60 points after that fight.

Slap a final Shield on. No other hop. No final break. No point.

Got two 2*s and 3 Elite tokens (all 2*) for top 100 placement.

It was pants.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pvp needs a tier system based on roster strength, not on the timing of signing up.

I don't know the data, but I assume people of 2 and 3 star.png rosters play very little pvp.

I'm still holding out hope that they make this a thing down the line with the Clearance Levels.