Mission Accomplished! PVP above 900 is awful!

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over__Flow wrote:
    Same for me 0-900 was ok, but 900-1200 was not fun. And my last hop above 1200 was horrible.

I think I will just go to 900 and call it an end if PvP stays the same.

I fear I will not be the only one.

Yep. I'll be sticking to 900 as well. The problem that people who think is great that higher rosters cannot climb as high now can't see is that as many of us give up and settle to 900, we'll give them less points too as they try to climb to 800, and so on, the misery will cascade down.
    shusheshe wrote:
    If the PVP experience is awful for those with champed 4* rosters, it's even worse than for those in the rung below.

No, no. It's exactly the same. People fail to notice that we live in a same, co-dependent environment. Some people erroneously believe PVP is a zero-sum game so they think that measures that negatively affect the high-rungers will magically translate in a more even divide for everybody. What happens, instead, is that we all suffer.
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Um hey, maybe you meant champed 3's, if so I feel you, if not no.

pvp isn't a viable option for people below a champed 3 roster and if it is below that, they are barely making it to 300 unscathed.

3 star pvp is a joke of how far you can get before you bump into champed 4 stars and wonder why you are seeing them before you even hit the 3 star target reward.

Yeah, I mean champed 3's. Thanks to Shield ranks I was able to champ all of my 3's and move into 4* land. (NOT that I have many useable 4*s). The MMR is seriously messed up. Before this season I could still find lots of fellow three star teams to fight up until the 700s; they might not be worth 50+ points but 38-48 was good enough for a fight or two to climb up. There was of course still plenty of champed 4 stars peppered here and there AND HITTING ME but I was still making progress.

Now, I'm seeing a wall of champed 4*s from 600 and up. And I'm getting hit a lot more from these champed 4*s, double and triple taps when there aren't any before. To find a few lone hittable targets in my range, I'm spending thousands of ISO and losing points getting hit in the time I'm not shielded.

This is not fun and I don't see how i'm going to make progress in my roster since I can't hit the 4* rewards.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    This is the "shard point compression" phenomenon predicted by those citing removal of tasty pastry creation creating stunted, cross-roster-tier predation on a scale which would cause anguish.

The intended consequence of pain in the playerbase has been achieved. The question is, will enough of the playerbase decide that the way to alleviate the pain is to open wallets for HP for shields, slots, and 40-pack vault halves....

Or by finding a game that isn't headed rapidly for 7 hours/day of play to be a hybrid competitive player?
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I just champed my first 4 recently and have all 3's champed. 900 cost me two shields and wasn't terribly hard. Past 900 though, good luck! Before these changes, I could do 1300 with 2-3 shields easy. And that was before my champed 4. Now this is all with coordination mind you, both before and after.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the 25 CP in a pretty standard last day climb with a champed Phoenix and boosted 4*s. But then again, it's the same slog I was having before because I didn't run into cc's very much.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    For those of you that had terrible experiences, what specifically made it so much worse? Were 5* rosters beating you into submission, or were you just spinning your wheels attacking and getting hit by similar 3* and 4* teams?e

For me it was mostly the same 5* champs as usual up until 900 or 1000, then MMR opened up like it usually does.....except there were no high point targets with weak teams, just weak teams with low points. I'll take a quick 20 pt battle against a 4* team that can't retaliate all day though so long as the snipers are at bay.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    For those of you that had terrible experiences, what specifically made it so much worse? Were 5* rosters beating you into submission, or were you just spinning your wheels attacking and getting hit by similar 3* and 4* teams?e

For me it was mostly the same 5* champs as usual up until 900 or 1000, then MMR opened up like it usually does.....except there were no high point targets with weak teams, just weak teams with low points. I'll take a quick 20 pt battle against a 4* team that can't retaliate all day though so long as the snipers are at bay.

I had to fight Champion boosted 4Thors without my own, and I was losing more points than I could gain in that time frame (even if I wasn't being blown out horrendously on attacks).

I had to fight tooth and nail for a 30 point win, and will have lost 60 even if I could pull it off.

Preferably I would like a decent reward for beacting a team that massively outmatched anything I can throw at it, but I would settle for just not bleeding massive points at a constant rate until I'm down under 500 points where the current system believes I belong.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The Herald wrote:

I had to fight Champion boosted 4Thors without my own, and I was losing more points than I could gain in that time frame (even if I wasn't being blown out horrendously on attacks).

I had to fight tooth and nail for a 30 point win, and will have lost 60 even if I could pull it off.

Preferably I would like a decent reward for beacting a team that massively outmatched anything I can throw at it, but I would settle for just not bleeding massive points at a constant rate until I'm down under 500 points where the current system believes I belong.
    Can you be more specific? What team were you using? And what sort of team(s) beat you for 60 points?
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In

There were two parts that made it especially worse.

1. Points were dry overall with less hittable targets. When I used to be able to find targets 40+ was now only 30+.
    2. Probably because this was Iron Fist, fights were a slog. I suspect the same for the next one, Luke Cage.
    3. 4* champed/ 5* rosters beating me down. While I was slogging through a fight for a mere 30 points I lost 90 in the same time. I wouldn't have minded so much if it was something retaliable, something similar to my own roster but most of these were 20+ levels higher, champed 4*/5*. People in the BC attempted to 'grill' to help those lower in points but those need a 5* CHAMPED for them to work, which I can't quite swallow with my roster.
  • Shush you, no telling them about grilling!
    Or it'll be the next to go.
    That's why good things can't be shared, some people just want to watch the world burn.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Wow, so much qq.
    All of that because people can't cheat their way into high scores.
    There's that Word again...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Wow, so much qq.

Don't feed the troll please.
    If he's still playing in half a year or a year's time and hits the 3*-4* transition, let's see who is the one with much qq.
  • Quebbster
    Huatimus wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Wow, so much qq.

Don't feed the troll please.
    If he's still playing in half a year or a year's time and hits the 3*-4* transition, let's see who is the one with much qq.
    Yeah, I suppose.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    GurlBYE wrote:

pvp isn't a viable option for people below a champed 3 roster and if it is below that, they are barely making it to 300 unscathed.

3 star pvp is a joke of how far you can get before you bump into champed 4 stars and wonder why you are seeing them before you even hit the 3 star target reward.

This is why I really dont get SCL changes in PVP. What is the point if the MMR is still the same?
    Ok, you can get better rank rewards with your 300 points, but progression is harder than ever.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    (...)
    - Reaching 1200 without using at least 3 shields seems improbable

Overall this just isnt very fun so congratulations, you did it D3/Demiurge!

At least next PVP you moved 10 CP to 575 which is a lot more reasonnable.
    1200 still seems too high for top progression now thanks to the removal of those evil cupcakes.

Calm down little Panda. I did it with only 1 3h shield and I had a lot of fun doin' it. Having removed those cupcakes are the best thing D3 did since a long time now. Stop whinning now.
  • Quebbster
    MrCrowley wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

This is why I really dont get SCL changes in PVP. What is the point if the MMR is still the same?
    Ok, you can get better rank rewards with your 300 points, but progression is harder than ever.
    If you could only attack players in the same clearance level and time slice, target selection would be even slimmer than it is now.
    Also, it means high level rosters cannot go into a lower clearance level and just crush the noobs since there are no other targets around.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    theo199 wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    (...)
    - Reaching 1200 without using at least 3 shields seems improbable

Overall this just isnt very fun so congratulations, you did it D3/Demiurge!

At least next PVP you moved 10 CP to 575 which is a lot more reasonnable.
    1200 still seems too high for top progression now thanks to the removal of those evil cupcakes.

Calm down little Panda. I did it with only 1 3h shield and I had a lot of fun doin' it. Having removed those cupcakes are the best thing D3 did since a long time now. Stop whinning now.

Just curiosity, what are your three highest levelled characters?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The Herald wrote:

Can you be more specific? What team were you using? And what sort of team(s) beat you for 60 points?

I wasn't paying close attention to the teams that beat me sorry.

I was using a mini Winfinite with Champion Quicksilver, Champion Ragnarok, and my Iron Fist was a Champion too.

All Champion boosted 3*s with some nasty synergy. Float point was 400-500 (well, drop point I guess). 600 was easily achievable, then it became jogging on the spot followed by a points collapse if I stopped playing.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This post with all people explaining their experience without telling their MMR is not helping as much as it could.

Please say the average of your 3 max before expressing your opinion! this way we all can better understand what is going on (also saying in which slice are you playing might be interesting).

In my particular case, with 451 'MMR' slice 4, my experience has been quite the same than before. I got to 1200 with one shield, and I didn't see any big difference in scores for my targets. I attacked and was attacked my the same people (all rosters with 400+ 5s) and scores in my slice have finished over 2000.

BUT there has been one difference, my placement has been much better than normal, I don't know if it related to SCL or that some people is scoring less than before, but this event I have been top25 when I am usually just barely top100.

I guess a lot of people that before were getting to 1300+ now they are not. I expect those to be people with 3 rosters and maybe some 4s champed, but maybe not enough to have at least a buffed 4 every PvP (this is whay it would be nice to know the MMR of everybody here so we can get a clear picture of who has been affected and how).
  • Quebbster
    Polares wrote:
    This post with all people explaining their experience without telling their MMR is not helping as much as it could.

Please say the average of your 3 max before expressing your opinion! this way we all can better understand what is going on (also saying in which slice are you playing might be interesting).

In my particular case, with 451 'MMR' slice 4, my experience has been quite the same than before. I got to 1200 with one shield, and I didn't see any big difference in scores for my targets. I attacked and was attacked my the same people (all rosters with 400+ 5s) and scores in my slice have finished over 2000.

BUT there has been one difference, my placement has been much better than normal, I don't know if it related to SCL or that some people is scoring less than before, but this event I have been top25 when I am usually just barely top100.

I guess a lot of people that before were getting to 1300+ now they are not. I expect those to be people with 3 rosters and maybe some 4s champed, but maybe not enough to have at least a buffed 4 every PvP (this is whay it would be nice to know the MMR of everybody here so we can get a clear picture of who has been affected and how).
    This mirrors my experience in Fist Bump last night. I started late and Went to 1200 Points in one go. Only got hit once on the way up. Was the first in my bracket to pass 1200, but shielded early and got passed by. Still got top 5, so the extra Miles cover was very nice.
    I have a level 450 OML and over two dozen champed fourstars, and usually play in slice 3. Lately I have mostly been getting top 50 finishes, so I was quite pleased with a top 5 finish. Now I just need to figure out if it was the late start, the lack of cupcakes, or both that helped me succeed...