No Clearance Levels in Heroic Juggernaut...

Comments

• Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    So can we please get some confirmation on whether this is a mistake or working as intended?
    It's pretty sad that with all bugs and decisions we can't be sure.
    I don't think they are at work yet. The September Sneak Peek has not been kept either. Todays was Switch (Blue) but the "peek" stops at the 25th September.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    If its a mistake then someone needs to be fired for not doing their job. I dont know anyone else that can screw up this frequently on a job and still be employeed.

Quite obviously, you have never scheduled an event while depending on a televised weather report. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have said for years that I picked the wrong profession. If I had gone into meteorology I could have been wrong 90% of the time and gotten promoted for it. icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, this doesn't bother me too much. I had planned on skipping this Heroic anyway and concentrating on the shortened Versus season. I am just hoping to hear something before the following Story event starts.

- Croaker
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    The word from the devs is Meet Rocket & Groot and Juggernaut: Heroic are not Tiered events and do not have 4*s as progression rewards.
    The next SCL Story event should arrive on 9/29.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]The word from the devs is Meet Rocket & Groot and Juggernaut: Heroic are not Tiered events and do not have 4*s as progression rewards.

Well no ****. We figured that out 7+ hours ago when the event started.

What we want to know is WHY, and why they didn't give you the ability to communicate it to us in advance.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]The word from the devs is Meet Rocket & Groot and Juggernaut: Heroic are not Tiered events and do not have 4*s as progression rewards.

Is this how future new character releases will go as well? Or was this an oversight that is too late to fix easily?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Well, whats the point of releasing super cool feature, and then taking it away from us?
    Plus you increased amount of nodes needed for maximum loot.
    I must say i am disappointed and i will avoid every event without CLs in it.
    Efforts in PvP are much more rewarding...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    So only one in three PVEs will have SCL? And the rest I get to sit out and watch Netflix or take a nap instead during my daily train commute?

I used to play KHUX or FFBE, but now I'm finding this show called "Friends" to be very funny... just started Season 3. You should check it out!
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Folk please remember that trolling, or posting something to provoke a reaction is against the forum rules, as is flaming, insulting or bashing others including the developers. Saying that trying to correct the behaviour of others by reminding them of the forum rules is also against the forum rules, so not only do I have to report others but also report myself by posting this.

Please keep all criticism and feedback constructive and positive.

Ooootay! I am positive that it's the usual one step forward, two step back D3 shuffle. I am positive a reintroduction will be made at their greatest convenience. Unannounced. I am positive it will be with the anniversary. I am positive it will crash. I am positive I may be slapped for commenting like this. I am positive I do not like being teased with a great new feature and then having it yanked without a word.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    For the love of all that is holy, can this please be a politics-free zone? Don't we get enough of it elsewhere?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I assumed they were aggressively throwing new characters at us to sell HP, but if you make them hard to get when they first come out that kinda makes that business plan less effective.
    It's been obvious for a long, long time that a key part of their business plan is using new characters to drive token sales. If you want to whale the new Luke, your only option is to buy 40s in R&G, and probably lots of them. Those of us who won't whale a new character on release, are irrelevant to them in this context; our couple dollars to unlock a roster slot is welcome, but doesn't 'move the needle' for them in their decision making.

Anyway. Like others, colour me disappointed at the lack of CL in both R&G and J:H. The smaller ISO & cover rewards in the progression ladder feel really pitiful after a taste of the new system.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    "David wrote:

anyone else worried bout SHOULD ARRIVE... seem the devs dont even know when they are going to have normal events and SCL events

I'm more worried by the lack of an explanation of WHY they are not SCL events. This does seem to rule out a mistake (though not really they could just be not fessing up) but still leaves several possibilities:
    1. New cover in the mix (which could mean that all new cover events could be like this)
    2. The first 1 (or was it 2) SCL events were really just a large scale alpha and they are tweaking based on testing results before next test.
    3. The first event(s) were not tests but they saw something they didn't like and pulled the features while they fixed it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I assumed they were aggressively throwing new characters at us to sell HP, but if you make them hard to get when they first come out that kinda makes that business plan less effective.
    It's been obvious for a long, long time that a key part of their business plan is using new characters to drive token sales. If you want to whale the new Luke, your only option is to buy 40s in R&G, and probably lots of them. Those of us who won't whale a new character on release, are irrelevant to them in this context; our couple dollars to unlock a roster slot is welcome, but doesn't 'move the needle' for them in their decision making.

Anyway. Like others, colour me disappointed at the lack of CL in both R&G and J:H. The smaller ISO & cover rewards in the progression ladder feel really pitiful after a taste of the new system.

That's a flawed strategy. They whales are gonna whale regardless. Is making 1 easy to get cover when you need 13 to champion really going to slow them down? No, it will just encourage more players that don't whale to spend HP, maybe even by some, to not lose this new character before it's narrow window closes.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    Oh? You can cite a law she broke?
    Knock it off right now, you two. The last thing this thread needs is a debate over who should be the next leader of the free world, when all we really care about is, where's our ISO at???

So much this. Keep the politics talk over on the CNN message board please.

As for the topic at hand kinda disappointed in the way this is being handled after being really thrilled with a lot of the recent changes. I understand the reasoning, the devs want to cap the amount of new 4* covers being handed out but couldn't they have simply adjusted the rewards to a different 4* so we don't lose out on the extra ISO, elite tokens, etc that SCL gives. I know that many on the forum would get out pitchforks anyway but at least it would alleviate the ISO crunch most of us feel.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer a random 4*, but if necessary, give us a random 3*! Just don't take away all of the other prizes just to avoid giving us one darn 4*!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

Thank you for communicating this information and please thank the development team for letting us know when the next scheduled SCL story event should be taking place. As always we the players appreciate all the hard work you put into this awesome game.

MPQ forever!
  • "David wrote:

i guess the real question that follows is, since we all assumed that clearance levels were the new norm for ALL events going forward, which events will NOT have clearance levels in the future?

there was no reason for anyone to expect that juggs heroic wouldnt have clearance levels until it just showed up that way.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I guess I don't understand the point of taking it away. the only thing I can surmise is that Cage would have been in the progression ladder and they don't want that.

if it's because they don't want to put Cage as a winnable item via progression, then why not just keep SCL and swap out that cover for something else?

I did enjoy getting a 4* cover via progression that one time. that was pretty cool. but I really could use the other rewards also.

for the love of all that is holy........ no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    I guess I don't understand the point of taking it away. the only thing I can surmise is that Cage would have been in the progression ladder and they don't want that.

if it's because they don't want to put Cage as a winnable item via progression, then why not just keep SCL and swap out that cover for something else?

I did enjoy getting a 4* cover via progression that one time. that was pretty cool. but I really could use the other rewards also.

for the love of all that is holy........ no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater
    I'd happily accept a Legendary token instead of a Cage cover. Or a Mr Fantastic cover, since there wasn't one in Meet Rocket and Groot.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    anything would be good.

make it some CP.

an LT.

some other 4*.

even a 3* cage as a consolation....

just not "oh yeah, you can't have this new shiny, so you can't have any of the cool new system that comes with it"
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

This was a bad idea. I sincerely hope that all new releases won't be this way. I already despise new releases and now they are made even worse by having the old (much worse) prizing structure...then to say the NEXT event has it as well. That means half the season will not feature CL. I don't even care about the new character cover in progression. At least let me earn the same iso/hp/tokens I can in CL7 and just remove the 4* cover from progression...**** you could even throw IW in there if you like.

Can't tell you how disappointed I am at skipping another event because effort does not match reward. You're actively encouraging me to start cutting characters from my roster as what's the point in them being there if I never have the iso to level them? You were on the way to fixing this with CL...now it's only 50% of the time?

Hopefully you'll announce something that proves me wrong.