No Clearance Levels in Heroic Juggernaut...

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Guess a Cage progression cover would have been too much to hope for...
Is this going to be the standard for new releases? No Clearance Levels for a week in PvE?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just coming to post the same...
    Can't have peolpe earn a new release simply through progression, can we
  • Joshe67
    Joshe67 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice of them to implement a new system that most people really like and then just stop using it in two weeks. Ffs.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Big shame. What a waste.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hopefully this is a glitch and will be quickly fixed. Otherwise it's just awful.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well now I'm delighted I wont be missing any good rewards by skipping it.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah but TAH is now mediocre and the 4* placement reward so its all good.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't give away a free 4star cover. Don't you know those are the end goal in this game?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Is this going to be the standard for new releases? No Clearance Levels for a week in PvE?

Yeah I was thinking the same. I dont think it would hurt Devs at all to give one cover 'for free'
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow just plain wow they cant even run a simple game

hell i say they pull the entire new system down all together since its pushing people in wrong brackets
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I knew they wouldn't give cage as progression, but assumed we'd just get reed as he got skipped.

Come on devs; I understand not giving out the new 4* but at least give us our clearance event with the 4* that gets skipped on new events. Too late now but going forward. You know it makes sense icon_e_smile.gif
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not mad, just disappointed.

We were happy with the new SCL program (thrilled, even, let's face it, it's a fantastic improvement).

It went away for Meet Rocket & Groot, and most I spoke to weren't ecstatic, but rationalized it as "let's do more regular SCL events to work out the kinks before we try to tie SCL to a release event." At the very least, it was communicated to us in advance, with some other tweaks/changes to improve progression rates, so we were cool with it.

Then, flip that on the head, no SCL for the following event (there goes that 4* Luke Cage cover from progression that all the SCL7 players were excited for), no communication in advance, no explanation. At this point I've seen equal amounts of anger that the devs are being so stingy with new characters, and assumptions that someone simply forgot to flip the switch to turn SCL back on before leaving the office on Friday. Because, let's face it, that kind of thing has happened plenty of times before (no boosted characters at the start of an event, alliance rewards being borked for a sub event, dropping from 25 to 15 CP in PVP recently, that one Gauntlet way back when that scaled nightmarishly and had to be adjusted halfway through? etc).

All the good will earned by things like SCL (and tweaks to weak characters and better communication and actually listening to player complaints and lots of other positive things that have been done recently) goes out the window when we get a "typical" problem like this Heroic Juggernaut.

I mean, let's be real. It's clearly not doing what the players expected (and the expectations were completely reasonable), and we can't even tell if it's a mistake that will be fixed before the event goes live, or if it's a poor decision that was then poorly communicated to the players, because the two are both common enough we can't tell them apart.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So are Clearence levels going to be a part time thing only? That would've been nice to know.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Hey, we're introducing this great thing called Clearance Levels, but then taking away cupcakes, and now taking away Clearance Levels. Lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Guess they don't want to sell roster slots... I'll never understand this. Give us the freaking cover. We can't do anything with 1 cover anyway and everyone will need to buy a roster slot cause acquiring 1000 HP is not easy with a new release every other week. This is disappointing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hoping this is a mistake, tbh.
    I mean, I understood why they removed clearance for R&G since that's a new release and they might have just wanted to keep things as they were for the important stuff while they works things out.

But for Juggernaut? I don't get it. If the reason is "We didn't want to give a cover for a new character for free so soon" I don't buy it. I mean, you'd need to play for several days of the event to get the progression reward of a free 4* cover and even then not everyone would be able to get it anyway unless they went CL 7.

So...either this is a whoopsie, in which case I'll just wait and see...or this is deliberate, in which case ****?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This has to be a mistake, it was mentioned that it would be removed for the Rocket and Groot event only.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Folk please remember that trolling, or posting something to provoke a reaction is against the forum rules, as is flaming, insulting or bashing others including the developers. Saying that trying to correct the behaviour of others by reminding them of the forum rules is also against the forum rules, so not only do I have to report others but also report myself by posting this.

Please keep all criticism and feedback constructive and positive.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    So no one thinks maybe they're tweaking things, analyzing results of the last events, reviewing player feed back, etc so that they can make improvements? People actually think they'd remove the feature entirely?

One event (well two if you count the release event) and the default reaction is outrage?

Understood. Carry on...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joshe67 wrote:
    Nice of them to implement a new system that most people really like and then just stop using it in two weeks. Ffs.

They don't want us to have a single cover of the new 4 star without competition lol.

Same **** different day.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also disappointed to see this. I'd even rather it just be some random 4 star.png and CL levels back if you don't want to give out Cage. Hoping it's a mistake, something like CL was off because it's off for R&G.