No Clearance Levels in Heroic Juggernaut...

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Guess a Cage progression cover would have been too much to hope for...
    Is this going to be the standard for new releases? No Clearance Levels for a week in PvE?

Guess they don't want to sell roster slots... I'll never understand this. Give us the freaking cover. We can't do anything with 1 cover anyway and everyone will need to buy a roster slot cause acquiring 1000 HP is not easy with a new release every other week. This is disappointing.

I really don't get why they are so stingy, with championing, you now need 113 covers to actually max a character so why not try to give out as many 1/1/1 characters as possible, it is still useless like that but at least people would get to try all 3 powers when forced to use it in an essential node.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Well, no CLs in Rocket and Groot PvE was announced. The fact that Heroic miss CLs too without announcing indicated, that this may not be intended. Lets wait for some official statement.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Well, no CLs in Rocket and Groot PvE was announced. The fact that Heroic miss CLs too without announcing indicated, that this may not be intended. Lets wait for some official statement.
    Yes, sometime Monday afternoon, after the event has already started in 3 slices...
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Y'all don't have to play if y'all don't wanna.

More cho covers for me icon_twisted.gif
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I agree the problem is we dont know if its a mistake or poor judgement. But in either case there needs to be some kind of action taken on d3s part. If its poor decisions then maybe its time for new management as the current ones have only managed to alienate their player base and cause a vast number of players to quit the game entirely. If its a mistake then someone needs to be fired for not doing their job. I dont know anyone else that can screw up this frequently on a job and still be employeed. Regardless of whichever it is the communications dept needs to go as this is about the worst communication of any company i know of outside of maybe comcast customer support. I continue to play this game only because i like it. But i can guarantee that i will never pick up or play another game that d3 is involved with.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So before I commented I went to the thread for rocket and groom viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51454
    It says Rocket and R&G will not have clearence levels but said nothing about the heroic. Hopefully this is glitch that can be fixed on Monday when they get in. The issue will be with all the players who start in slice one how would they get into a clearence level.
    I think going forward heroic it will be on to anniversary then clearence levels.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Saying that trying to correct the behaviour of others by reminding them of the forum rules is also against the forum rules, so not only do I have to report others but also report myself by posting this.

Crying. Literally. I cackled.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely it can't be a pattern that there are no scl for both the new release pve and the following pve. If you don't want to give away the new release as progression in the following pve, then just give away a random 4* instead.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Surely it can't be a pattern that there are no scl for both the new release pve and the following pve. If you don't want to give away the new release as progression in the following pve, then just give away a random 4* instead.

Random 4* like Mr. Fantastic, who got skipped from progression this event because there's no CL
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Saying that trying to correct the behaviour of others by reminding them of the forum rules is also against the forum rules, so not only do I have to report others but also report myself by posting this.

Forum rules article 9

9. If you notice another user doing any of the above, please contact our moderators rather than trying to correct that person’s behavior on your own.

Seriously as users we are not allowed to let others know where they are going wrong in posting habits.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i say the entire thing was taken down until the fix the placement problem.. sign up for 7 get put in 1... if a new push is coming tomorrow to fix the problem they could not have an event runnign using the program
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

Forum rules article 9

9. If you notice another user doing any of the above, please contact our moderators rather than trying to correct that person’s behavior on your own.

Seriously as users we are not allowed to let others know where they are going wrong in posting habits.
    Sound more like a reccomendation, than ban threat... i think you dont have to worry.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Joshe67 wrote:
    Nice of them to implement a new system that most people really like and then just stop using it in two weeks. Ffs.
    People like it? I saw mostly hate when the CL3 and CL6 sneak peak notes were given by the devs. I would think the forums would be rejoicing now.

Forum ribbing aside I also don't get why CL's are absent from this non-new character PvE. I really hope it was just a mistake. I love my CL7 and can't wait until they unlock CL8!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Sound more like a reccomendation, than ban threat... i think you dont have to worry.

Yeah, it sounds more like they're asking you to just report something rather than get into a debate which will derail a topic and then start a flame war even if that's not your intention it's likely to happen with or without you. So just go tell mummy and she can send them to the naughty step =)

As for the topic at hand, I really wish people would adopt a wait and see approach when anomalous things happen. Just wait for a dev response before deciding they've screwed us.
    Like I've been saying many times this last week, we've only just managed to get the devs back on the forums and talking to us after months of being afraid to do so by a fairly toxic community too ready to jump down their throats at the slightest provocation. Let's not throw that all away for nothing, eh?

If it turns out they've turned it off because they didn't want to give away a free cover for their new character, then we can politely and assertively, but politely explain why we think that was a bad idea.

How about that, eh? Let's not have the first response to bad news be to burn the local embassy down or hold a peaceful protest filled with molotovs and rocks.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    babinro wrote:
    Joshe67 wrote:
    Nice of them to implement a new system that most people really like and then just stop using it in two weeks. Ffs.
    People like it? I saw mostly hate when the CL3 and CL6 sneak peak notes were given by the devs. I would think the forums would be rejoicing now.

Forum ribbing aside I also don't get why CL's are absent from this non-new character PvE. I really hope it was just a mistake. I love my CL7 and can't wait until they unlock CL8!

You mean the forum overreacted before having all the information? But that never happens.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean the forum overreacted before having all the information?
    What other information is needed before the OP should've made this thread? You click the "preview awards button" and there are no clearance levels. We don't need to form a committee to look into this any further.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    You mean the forum overreacted before having all the information?
    What other information is needed before the OP should've made this thread? You click the "preview awards button" and there are no clearance levels. We don't need to form a committee to look into this any further.

Actually, if you go check the Rocket & Groot thread, I posted about this exact issue a little bit after the OP created this thread. I'm just not gonna get mad about "them ditching clearance levels" or anything else like that until they actually come in explain what happened (or at the very least, I'll wait until the end of Monday to make sure that they won't). There's all the time in the world to get upset/annoyed/angry, I'm just not going to do it until I've given them some time to say something (as I don't expect them to do it on the weekend).
  • Hibbidy
    Hibbidy Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    There are no clearance levels because that means a Cage cover as a progression reward. If you want to cover your cage you are going to have to whale for it.
  • oBrokeno
    oBrokeno Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I am hoping they are changing the cl. But honestly they are a 24/7 business. They should have a full support team at all times. Someone should be able to post something.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I skipped Rocket and Groot, figuring I'd play the next one with clearance levels. Dissapointed. icon_e_sad.gif