wow the rewards in the new PVP just are bad

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamdivine wrote:
    Still need to see what higher clearance levels will give before passing judgement. Also, the only way this scoring/reward system makes sense is if it is waaayyyy easier to reach progression with the way scores are now going to be calculated
    If this is because higher clearance levels are supposed to be the new status quo, they need to have those ready before diminishing the current rate of rewards.
  • It is normal for PVP. I'm more concerned about getting XP in PVP.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:
    Still need to see what higher clearance levels will give before passing judgement. Also, the only way this scoring/reward system makes sense is if it is waaayyyy easier to reach progression with the way scores are now going to be calculated
    If this is because higher clearance levels are supposed to be the new status quo, they need to have those ready before diminishing the current rate of rewards.

This right here. I'm sure the majority wouldn't mind waiting.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    adamdivine wrote:

If, and it's a HUGE if, they moved a lot of these rewards into shield Sim/season, it might work out overall.

A typical 4 event season would be 125 CP (25 per event + 25 season). Just need 65CP to be earned elsewhere.

I have my doubts of course.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    They have the kingpin yellow I need. Y'all can not play if you want, but I'm taking my boosted ant man and cleaning house

This is honestly what's going to push me forward. I can get King Pin up to 13 covers, hopefully.
    If I can get to 900 points as easilly in this as in the previous season, I'll be happy with that.

Funny part is I'd rather go CL6 and get the extra Fist cover than the KP I'm just gonna sell. But since this is a black box operation, I have no idea what going CL6 for the first event will do to my season and Sim rewards.
    Maybe you could join SHIELD Simulator first just to be on the safe side?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Huh. One thing a lot of you may not have considered: now the rewards from PvE are about even with the rewards from PvP.
  • Hibbidy
    Hibbidy Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    PVE rewards are now superior. They are rebalancing things by flipping them upside down.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Hibbidy wrote:
    PVE rewards are now superior. They are rebalancing things by flipping them upside down.

That what I was thinking. The only way this makes sense is if the directive with Clearance Levels was to get people to play PvE more and PvP less.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the rewards for scl 7 are the same, except for 15 cp instead of 25. That doesn't seem like an improvement.

Sorry to all the players with lower scl who will need to grind a lot just to not get what they used to get.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    The Shield Sim rewards seem pretty good.

Thats something.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Season rewards are interestingly low. Like 1600 for a 10 pack? I'll take it
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know if there or 3 or 4 events in this season? I'm guessing 4, but ...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know if there or 3 or 4 events in this season? I'm guessing 4, but ...

They said it was 10 day season, which would translate to 4 events.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    For the first time it seems that pvp has less value than pve. So much effort was put into improving pve, and I'd say most (if not all) of those changes are welcome, overdue, and a good step forward. But pvp was always the ultimate endgoal. You start by doing well in pve and someday hope to become a player on a well placing pvp only alliance, leaving the grind behind.

But suddenly, as pvp is changing it's base systems, already a huge growing pain, the rewards get WORSE? Is rank 7 not high enough to warrant a shot at a legendary token? The level where most of your high scoring pvp player base is at is 4 to 5 star transitioners and we're just going to slow down that progress entirely? To what end?

It's been how many months since silver surfer was brought out? Mine has 4 covers pulled from tokens, hundreds, maybe thousands of tokens? That's what 5 star progression is ALREADY like. And now you're proposing taking 100 cp away every season? 4 or 5 shots at those elusive 5s? In a pvp system that's MORE difficult, untested, and still doesn't even help in shield rank progress?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    This is insane. Absolutely 0 communication on these rewards changing. Not only the 15 from 25 CPs now the covers reduced for 51-100 reduced. Are you trying to make people quit your game? You change the format, change the rewards, all with very little to zero communication. This game is dying due to the lack of commutation to the player base. This is exactly how NOT to run a company.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. These are MAJOR changes to the game, and there had been absolutely no communication re: pvp reward structure. It's one thing to modify pve, but it's entirely a different matter to change pvp rewards in this manner. I feel like these changes to pvp rewards had been swept under the rug, where players were given the character rebalances (starting w/ TA Hulk & SS) as a red herring in order to draw attention away from the reward structure.

Honestly, most players care very little re: rebalancing. But EVERYONE will be affected by the pvp reward changes.
  • puppychow
    Blahahah wrote:
    They have the kingpin yellow I need. Y'all can not play if you want, but I'm taking my boosted ant man and cleaning house

Good for you! icon_mrgreen.gif I took level 6 instead b/c the second IF cover is better than a KP cover for my roster.
  • puppychow

It's better to finish 201st than it is to finish 51st, better to be 400th than 101st. Arguable its better to be in last than 101st (1500iso + elite vs 2000iso and Ares)

Brilliant observation! I foresee tanking in my future. icon_lol.gif Unfortunately, my current alliance has a 800 minimum score req . . . icon_e_confused.gif
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Blahahah wrote:
    Season rewards are interestingly low. Like 1600 for a 10 pack? I'll take it

It's all relative, 1600 for four events = 4000 for 10 events. It's still a 400 avg/event.

The rewards for this shortened season are still amazingly underwhelming.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We still don't know how defensive will work to try to win these rewards!
  • As far as the rewards go, I'm hoping it's a case of "you get these rewards plus all the ones from previous ranks" all the way down. So 50th gets the rewards for t50 And t100 (And t200, and t300 and t400h).

So if you came in 50th you'd get 4 elite tokens, 3 ares covers, and 2 cage covers.
    If you came in 51st you'd get 4 elite tokens, 3 ares covers...

I think that's how the rewards worked in pve because I was winning elite tokens despite ranking above where elite tokens were listed as the reward.

This being said I don't know if t25 would win 5 cage covers, and t10 would win 8? Or if the three star cover caps out at 3 and it's just difficult to put these in a small amount of text on the rewards page (like how t1 and t5 it says plus all previous rank rewards but that never meant getting more than three of the 3* cover)