slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
top 100 got 3 star covers now its only top 50 with level 7

level 6 only top 25
level 4 only top 10 get a single cover

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forget that. CL7 has only 15CP listed in the progression.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that's dumb...also reducing the final progression to 15CP without sprinkling two more 5CP rewards along the way.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    So even in progression the rewards are less than we would get with previous system. Also only CL7 rewards a 4* in progression. Hopefully the season/sim rewards are better.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Cutting the final prog command points by 10 and not distributing it amongst the other rewards like they did with pve is awful. Less and less reason to play pvp.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that's dumb...also reducing the final progression to 15CP without sprinkling two more 5CP rewards along the way.
    Now we know why they refused to give a preview
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    In PvE, it was fairly understandable when you took a 3* cover away from placement for CL7 because they added it to progression, so in the end you were still getting the same amount of covers. In PvP, they didn't add an extra 3* into progression, and they didn't even lower the threshold for the 3* cover, yet they still removed the cover from progression (51-100 now get 2 2* instead of 1 3*). That really doesn't make sense.

And the 15CP doesn't either for that matter (but that reward is so far above where I can get in progression that it may as well not be there).
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is insane. Absolutely 0 communication on these rewards changing. Not only the 15 from 25 CPs now the covers reduced for 51-100 reduced. Are you trying to make people quit your game? You change the format, change the rewards, all with very little to zero communication. This game is dying due to the lack of commutation to the player base. This is exactly how NOT to run a company.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    I really hope they didn't take the extra time to roll back these terrible rewards.

I've never hit the CmdPt progression in PvP (or gone above 650) and I think 15 points is joke. I can't tell if 15 CmdPts is meant to try and discourage CC or more as a **** you to CCers. Either way this is a bad idea. Spreading out the points would be more than fine for most folks, but capping it at 15 is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Now, I do on occasion sneak into the top 100 every now, so this 2* nonsense is stupid too but I doubt will be the focus of most complaints.

They need to start rolling out levels 8-10 if this is what pass for top players rewards.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    They should have changed the rewards to 10 CP at 1100 and 15 CP at 1300. At least that way if you got full progression you can buy a LT. 15 CP only buys 75% of a classic and 60% of a Latest token.
    They removed the LT from progression awhile back to give out CP so people can choose which token to open now full progression is not even equal to 1 classic token.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Horrible rewards? Why are we going backwards? Probably cause you all are money grubbing ****.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progression iso increased by 400
    Placement pretty much doubled

So...that's good.

I'm trying.
  • fmftint
    1 comp down to T10 use to extend down to T50
    CL7 2☆ covers for 51+, who @CL7 NEEDS 2☆ covers
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    They have the kingpin yellow I need. Y'all can not play if you want, but I'm taking my boosted ant man and cleaning house
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    The extra 1CP for placement is also now limited to T10 instead of T25.

Seriously, this has gotta be a broken upload or something.

But wait, there's more!

All with the same iso reward:
    51-100 gets two 2* covers. + 25HP
    101-200 gets one 2* cover
    201-300 gets two elite tokens.
    301-400 gets one elite token

It's better to finish 201st than it is to finish 51st, better to be 400th than 101st. Arguable its better to be in last than 101st (1500iso + elite vs 2000iso and Ares)
  • I'm hoping this is just some misguided trial they are running for the short season. If you want to reduce it to 15 for CL7, fine. However, don't do it until all the CLs are open. You make it harder to reach max progression by taking away CCs, but then reward the new difficulty by lowering the rewards. I think this is going to be bad not only for players, but for D3s profits as well. At least make it a LT. I prefer the CP for flexibility, but at least an LT is a guaranteed pull, where 15 CP is just enough to sit there and irritate you mockingly.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Still need to see what higher clearance levels will give before passing judgement. Also, the only way this scoring/reward system makes sense is if it is waaayyyy easier to reach progression with the way scores are now going to be calculated
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    They have the kingpin yellow I need. Y'all can not play if you want, but I'm taking my boosted ant man and cleaning house

This is honestly what's going to push me forward. I can get King Pin up to 13 covers, hopefully.
    If I can get to 900 points as easilly in this as in the previous season, I'll be happy with that.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:

This is honestly what's going to push me forward. I can get King Pin up to 13 covers, hopefully.
    If I can get to 900 points as easilly in this as in the previous season, I'll be happy with that.

5/5/2? If so, we are now kin
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Blahahah wrote:

Funny part is I'd rather go CL6 and get the extra Fist cover than the KP I'm just gonna sell. But since this is a black box operation, I have no idea what going CL6 for the first event will do to my season and Sim rewards.
  • fmftint
    UKI8qRU.jpg?1