You’re treating the symptoms, but ignoring the disease

124»

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Your final comment really proves that you have no idea what PvP is like for top tier players. A 5* player cannot queue any 3* teams. None. Even if I start an event using a 3* team I'll never queue a similar team, and none of my 5* player friends will ever be able to find that 3* team that I put out - at least not until they get over 800 pts (or as high as 1200 or even higher if it's later in the event.) But by then those 3* teams are rarely worth more than 10 pts.

There are three ways for 5* players to hit 3* players. The first is to put out a small team (baking off a seed, for instance), get hit by 3* teams, then hit them back on the retal. The second is to be out when almost nobody else at the 5* level is. This doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, you queue 3* teams around your score. The third (which, it can be argued, is just a special case of the second), is to be at the top of the shard in score, where you can queue anyone (I once queued pyromantic at 1800). But if you're queuing them in the latter circumstance, they're only going to be worth one point.

Conversely, 3* teams only need to be at 700-750 to queue cakes, while 5* teams can occasionally find themselves unable to queue cakes at 2k or more (if enough 5* teams higher than them are out; this is unusual, but does happen. It happening at 1k is not unusual).
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    So I've given the new pvp a try. It may end upwithme quitting the game. I have a strong 3* roster, transitioning to 4. I cannot get past 600 in my score. I attack twice, get hit three times. Net gain 8 pts. There is no point to spending hp on shields when all I can hope to achieve is a low score.
    All the developers have achieved by eliminating cupcakes is a way to chase off mid tier players from the game.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I too rarely get more than 5 minutes with my head above 800 before I am smacked hard. In divine champions I gave it a try. To climb past 800 and see how long I could float. In less than 10 minutes the hits flowed and I lost 262 points on the first hit report and 160 on the second. I am the exact player 1000 points are for. The odd four star, a full 3 star covered and champed 2/3rds of them. I cannot progress very far with 4 stars playing pvp. Cakes allowed me to do that, it cost me a lot (I really could go for a 12 hour shield) sometimes a cover I really wanted could cost me 525 HP.

Don't get me wrong I'd prefer a better solution but now they will get not a penny from me. I won't throw a shield except a 3 hour now at the end to protect my final climb. I will hit 900 when Fist Buster is boosted and my 4 star progression will all but stop in pvp.

The MMR needs sorting for this to work. Separate us by prizes we are going for and CL selected.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    dsds wrote:
    Reality is they don't have to test for everything, just announce the change here and this group will pick out the flaws in about 8.4 milliseconds, and almost always be correct.

Exactly this.

This is called leverage.

archimedes-resized-600.png

A slick dev would create dummy accounts on this forum, and use them to float ideas icon_e_wink.gif
    Sometimes I wonder if some of the forum members are developers' anonymous accounts. Sometimes there's just too much enthusiasm in defending a broken game mechanic or an unpopular change.

Gold star for you.........