Meet Rocket & Groot Event Details

13»

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am glad for once. I jumped into the CL PvE events too quickly and deeply (as in grinding them down to 1 point and getting all XP out of nodes). I did get some good results out of it so far (the needed HP from awards!!!) but it is too much grinding. With the Luke event I will just come back to playing for max progression and see if it nets me a cover or not (plus maybe alliance cover to go with it). If not - I am fine with not having him as I can hardly afford another slot for 1 cover 4*.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not surprised this is how it's playing out -- the first release event after the switch to 8-hour timers was also a regression because there hadn't been enough real-world testing of the new model yet. It'd be nice if they could just put off the next release until there's more data, but I doubt Netflix would be amenable to that.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I just don't get what's so wrong about the clearance levels that they want to regress. I mean I've been loving it and I think I've placed top 3 in the last few events with it on, including HoD (which I'm looking at the top spot).

PvE is actually fun to play now. Why change it back? icon_e_sad.gif
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    I just don't get what's so wrong about the clearance levels that they want to regress. I mean I've been loving it and I think I've placed top 3 in the last few events with it on, including HoD (which I'm looking at the top spot).

PvE is actually fun to play now. Why change it back? icon_e_sad.gif

It's coming back later, they said it.

My guess is that they couldn't figure out a way to include a new character release in the new reward system. But no need to panic now.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    The absolute worst nodes are the ones that combine either insanely high health, resource denial or protect tile generating characters with strike tile spamming tommy gun wielding muscles.

Let's see how many of those this event has.. Oh. I see.

See you all on monday.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    The absolute worst nodes are the ones that combine either insanely high health, resource denial or protect tile generating characters with strike tile spamming tommy gun wielding muscles.

See you all on monday.

Maybe it's bias because ant man will be boosted, but those things dont bother me much.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Blahahah wrote:

See you all on monday.

Maybe it's bias because ant man will be boosted, but those things dont bother me much.

Ant man? That sounds like one of those 4 star.png characters I'm about 18 months away from playing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    say you can reach final goal with playing 4 passes of each round. So tomorrow when a 2 day sub comes we only have to play 4 times to get the max reward
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    say you can reach final goal with playing 4 passes of each round. So tomorrow when a 2 day sub comes we only have to play 4 times to get the max reward

I doubt it. You're probably looking at somewhere between 5-6 plays of a 2 day node (so 2-3 per day).
  • slidecage
    • Starting in this event, we would like to better define the score to achieve progression rewards.
    o The 3-Star Progression reward will take approximately two clears of each mission.
    o The top Progression reward will take approximately four clears of each mission.
    o We will be attempting something similar for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels."

says right there 4 clears of each mission
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I am not sure which is worse:
    1) This event, with its 1* Muscles hitting like **** WAS THAT?!? Or;
    2) Them changing the rules and features around every event so that one week we feel like we have hit the lottery and the next week we feel like the IRS found out about it.
  • slidecage
    could be very well 4 clears of each gets you max progression

did i think 4 clears on stage 1 for around 10k
    did 4 clears on stage 2 for 15 k
    guessing 4 clears on final stage will get you 20 k

45k what is final progression... if that keeps up very nice 2 day subs you can take a day off.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Does 'full points' also mean it resets the points per attempt? Like if I hit a point 6 times, will I be able to hit it 6 times again on reset?

Since this is a 2 day mission, I got curious.
  • hodayathink
    Tee wrote:
    Does 'full points' also mean it resets the points per attempt? Like if I hit a point 6 times, will I be able to hit it 6 times again on reset?

Since this is a 2 day mission, I got curious.

You can only hit it once on reset before the timer starts again. In a 2 day node, optimal play will net you 5 full point clears (4 at the start, 1 24 hours later) and then a grind at the end.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly wish they'd go back and tweak the first sub event for Rocket & Groot.
    Sub event 2 and 3 are kinda fun for me. Second one's especially good because all of the hardest nodes are minions only. Day one though is horrendous, especially bad if you're unlucky enough not to have a 4* boosted that can stomp on everything. Even then I had a board with no yellow on it for ages so my IM40/Thoress/X-23 combo couldn't even get started with Hood stealing everything off me. I actually lost that final node once with that combo. And then when I tried again I got 6 yellow really quickly and beat the whole thing in 2 minutes.

It's just that first day that needs looking at. Maybe swap Juggernaut for someone else or something.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly wish they'd go back and tweak the first sub event for Rocket & Groot.
    Sub event 2 and 3 are kinda fun for me. Second one's especially good because all of the hardest nodes are minions only. Day one though is horrendous, especially bad if you're unlucky enough not to have a 4* boosted that can stomp on everything. Even then I had a board with no yellow on it for ages so my IM40/Thoress/X-23 combo couldn't even get started with Hood stealing everything off me. I actually lost that final node once with that combo. And then when I tried again I got 6 yellow really quickly and beat the whole thing in 2 minutes.

It's just that first day that needs looking at. Maybe swap Juggernaut for someone else or something.

Ares would perhaps be an obvious substitute, still hits hard, but at least his powers take long to get their ap.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

Ares would perhaps be an obvious substitute, still hits hard, but at least his powers take long to get their ap.
    No, just... no.
    Ares doing AOE with his red is much worse than Juggs who only does single damage.
    #nerfares
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I hate Ares. That guy is always my first target! 3 powers that all do you heavy damage is far worse than Jugs stupid headbutt.
  • hodayathink
    Looks like preview rewards are up for Juggs: Heroic, and no clearance levels again. Which means no 4* progression cover for the new Luke Cage.