Meet Rocket & Groot Event Details

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings,

Here's new details from Demiurge regarding a few changes in the upcoming run of Meet Rocket & Groot:
    "
Changes to Rocket & Groot

• This Story event does not have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Future runs of this event will have Clearance Levels.

• Starting in this event, we would like to better define the score to achieve progression rewards.
    o The 3-Star Progression reward will take approximately two clears of each mission. o The top Progression reward will take approximately four clears of each mission. o We will be attempting something similar for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels."

Thank you.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings,

Here's new details from Demiurge regarding a few changes in the upcoming run of Meet Rocket & Groot:
      "
    Changes to Rocket & Groot

• This Story event does not have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Future runs of this event will have Clearance Levels.

• Starting in this event, we would like to better define the score to achieve progression rewards.
      o The 3-Star Progression reward will take approximately two clears of each mission. o The top Progression reward will take approximately four clears of each mission. o We will be attempting something similar for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels."

Thank you.

Better score definition is much appreciated.

Will there be a 4* progression reward in MR&G?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The featured character is Mr. Fantastic, so do you really want one?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

Between the rebalancing efforts and the fact that my Mr. Fantastic is 3/1/3, yes. Yes, I do.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Well yeah, because he might be next for the buff hammer.

Wait, so we have an object we associate with buffing? Can't really say the buff cloth cos that just sounds kinda weedy...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards

Wait, so we have an object we associate with buffing? Can't really say the buff cloth cos that just sounds kinda weedy...

Buff....syringe?
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

Buff Nugget
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor

Wait, so we have an object we associate with buffing?

bagwell2.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand how implementating CL for a new character can be a challenge but why couldn't the new 4* be awarded for the following:

CL 7: T150
    CL 6: T100
    CL 5: T50
    CL 4: T25
    CL 3: T10
    CL: 1 & 2: T5

Or something similar. The scaling doesn't change so most players won't try lower CL levels. I would have preferred an attempt to try CL for a new character than not bothering at all. Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*. That was the whole purpose of CLs.

It would have been great to get s special Cage event similar to Cho and Ant-Mams release so we can keep CL in PvE intact.
  • seekie
    seekie Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Thank you David. is this applicable to events with 2 days subs as well? So just 4 clears for the 2 days sub for max progression, or more required?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Buff wand?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buff plug?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean MR&G is a release event? I'll miss SCL, but I don't mind doing a normal release event so we've got more SCL events under our belt before we try an SCL release event.
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Yep, it is the release event for the new icon_lukecage.png .
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I understand how implementating CL for a new character can be a challenge but why couldn't the new 4* be awarded for the following:

CL 7: T150
    CL 6: T100
    CL 5: T50
    CL 4: T25
    CL 3: T10
    CL: 1 & 2: T5

Or something similar. The scaling doesn't change so most players won't try lower CL levels. I would have preferred an attempt to try CL for a new character than not bothering at all. Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*. That was the whole purpose of CLs.

It would have been great to get s special Cage event similar to Cho and Ant-Mams release so we can keep CL in PvE intact.

I like this idea and hope we see something similar to it. I expect new releases to be brutal in higher SCLs. I suppose the upside is that the PvE after new releases, should have the new the new 4* as a progression reward in SCL 7.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Will there be different brackets for this event, or will players of all levels get thrown in together?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    [/list]

Thanks for making a statement on this matter, it is good for there to be actually be a clear target for those who only target max progression rather than the guesswork that there is now.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I like this idea and hope we see something similar to it. I expect new releases to be brutal in higher SCLs. I suppose the upside is that the PvE after new releases, should have the new the new 4* as a progression reward in SCL 7.
    Which reminds me that many releases are followed by a Heroic. And I face the horrible realization that I may be forced to play a Heroic story. icon_evil.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess that also means the rewards will demote back to how they were before then. Lots of ISO missing over the next week.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    What I reeeeeally want to know is whether the new character will be available as a progression reward in the event after R&G for SCL7 players, following the pattern of the last few events.

It would be really really great to know that in advance.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You started with Clearance Level events before figuring out how to handle release events with clearance levels?

That's .. actually not unexpected.