Meet Rocket & Groot Event Details

Comments

• suede
    suede Posts: 23
    NPunisher5784 wrote:
    I understand how implementating CL for a new character can be a challenge but why couldn't the new 4* be awarded for the following:

CL 7: T150
    CL 6: T100
    CL 5: T50
    CL 4: T25
    CL 3: T10
    CL: 1 & 2: T5

Or something similar. The scaling doesn't change so most players won't try lower CL levels. I would have preferred an attempt to try CL for a new character than not bothering at all. Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*. That was the whole purpose of CLs.

It would have been great to get s special Cage event similar to Cho and Ant-Mams release so we can keep CL in PvE intact.

***NPunisher5784:

Are you implying with your comment, "Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*.", that lower level players do not need/deserve 4*/new heroes to level/better their teams because their team(s) are lower leveled filled with 1*s 2*s maybe a few 3*s? Do these players not deserve to compete close or on the same level as you? Do they not get the same chance at a hero such as you are? Why should you get more rights?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love pve with SCL!

That being said, without it, I will probably mostly skip this PVE... plus it's too hard to win new release characters anyway... too stressful to compete with all the hardcore players in my bracket!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    suede wrote:
    NPunisher5784 wrote:
    I understand how implementating CL for a new character can be a challenge but why couldn't the new 4* be awarded for the following:

Or something similar. The scaling doesn't change so most players won't try lower CL levels. I would have preferred an attempt to try CL for a new character than not bothering at all. Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*. That was the whole purpose of CLs.

It would have been great to get s special Cage event similar to Cho and Ant-Mams release so we can keep CL in PvE intact.

***NPunisher5784:

Are you implying with your comment, "Now I'm stuck competing with lower level players who do not need the new 4*.", that lower level players do not need/deserve 4*/new heroes to level/better their teams because their team(s) are lower leveled filled with 1*s 2*s maybe a few 3*s? Do these players not deserve to compete close or on the same level as you? Do they not get the same chance at a hero such as you are? Why should you get more rights?
    Not to step on Punisher's toes here, but D3/demi have essentially verified this is what they want with the existence of clearance levels in the first place. You need to be at least CL6 to even begin to compete for 4*. So Punisher is going along with that when he implies that he's disappointed in having to compete with players in CL <7 who by D3/demi's own admission should not be competing for 4* covers given the current state of their roster.

Next time maybe think a little bit about the state of things before you read into someone's intentions.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    suede wrote:
    Punisher5784 wrote:

***Punisher5784:

If I did not feel everyone should deserve a new 4* then I also would not have suggested having a special event for 4* Luke Cage similar to the one that rewarded everyone with Cho and Ant-Man, but I am assuming you are new based on your forum rank. The devs made the Shield CL to separate new players and vet players so I am disappointed they could not figure out a way to establish CL for new character releases.

As for when I was a newer 2*-3* player, I hated acquiring 4*'s because they were a waste of a roster slot because I was nowhere near the 4* level. Obviously things are much different than they were 2-years ago but if you have the HP for the roster slot then be my guest and fight to win the 4* cover! Take care.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Daiches wrote:
    You started with Clearance Level events before figuring out how to handle release events with clearance levels?

That's .. actually not unexpected.

Said tens of thousands of players.....
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Daiches wrote:
    You started with Clearance Level events before figuring out how to handle release events with clearance levels?

Why does this not surprise me?! Releasing a new character and game lag still is an issue at times?!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

Maybe they had a plan in place, but after the first CL event have seen issues that would crop up if they pushed ahead with that initial plan and have wisely backed away from rushing into pushing it out, just as they did with CL PVP too.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Reiterating my request for another event with release-level Luke Cage awards, once the lag is fixed for iOS players. Outside of DDQ, I've given up on the game completely while this bug is in place, and I certainly don't want to attempt competitive PvE with it in place.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...]
      • Starting in this event, we would like to better define the score to achieve progression rewards.
      o The 3-Star Progression reward will take approximately two clears of each mission. o The top Progression reward will take approximately four clears of each mission.

[...]

My 2 questions:
      • Will these targets apply to events with 2-day subs as well? • Will these targets apply to wave missions as well? (Those already have reduced requirements relative to normal mission pins.)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reiterating my request for another event with release-level Luke Cage awards, once the lag is fixed for iOS players. Outside of DDQ, I've given up on the game completely while this bug is in place, and I certainly don't want to attempt competitive PvE with it in place.
    Amen to that! This delay pushed my initial clear of a sub significantly, and I was running a good team and used hardly any health packs. I was running top 3 in my sub at the start, then as I was waiting for black screens, I was dropping to 6, then when I finally finished my 4 clears and got my timers all going... 30th. Ugh. Was hoping we could stick to CL for new release and CL 7 and up gave the 4* as the new release 4*, then placement wouldn't really matter.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm rather excited. Since Mr. F might be getting the buff plug something fierce, more covers is welcome.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

Maybe they had a plan in place, but after the first CL event have seen issues that would crop up if they pushed ahead with that initial plan and have wisely backed away from rushing into pushing it out, just as they did with CL PVP too.
    You mean like an extreme number of players in CL7 and the realization that there would be massive outrage from these players if on a new release they could only win 1 cover if they were top 20???
    Who could have foreseen that happening
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

Aww c'mon. They did say that they wanted to test the waters first and see players' reactions. When your new feature is tested by a million people, as opposed as however many dozens you have in your testing team, it's good to keep an open mind. It is actually responsible of them not to risk a new character release when they are still measuring players' response to the feature.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'll play a little bit for some Iso but for all intents and purposes I'm taking this one off. I just don't care about yet another new character. I just don't. The last PvE on the other hand brought me great happiness because I finally got my 13th cover for Hulkbuster. When it takes this long to finish a 4* I just plain don't get excited about the new ones. All year all I cared about is Peggy and Moon Knight. Might be ready to go late next year. Luke Cage will change exactly nothing in PvP and I don't care about having a new toon to use in the same stale events vs the same tired Dark Avengers. Shrug
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Well it would be easy enough to replace the 25CP reward w/ a new 4* Luke Cage cover.

I think anyone playing would give up the 25CP for a new cover, without competing for a T100 spot.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fnedude wrote:
    Well it would be easy enough to replace the 25CP reward w/ a new 4* Luke Cage cover.

I think anyone playing would give up the 25CP for a new cover, without competing for a T100 spot.

I think anyone who feels like they're past the 4 star level would completely disagree with you.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:

With 25 champed 4*s another cover for a new 4* is the last thing I'm playing PVE for.
    CP and ISO are the only reasons I do that.
  • fnedude wrote:

I think anyone who feels like they're past the 4 star level would completely disagree with you.

Wow image everyone could actually choose an reward they could compete for. Sure the ranks will be bloody, but surely fun xD
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    JVReal wrote:
    Amen to that! This delay pushed my initial clear of a sub significantly, and I was running a good team and used hardly any health packs. I was running top 3 in my sub at the start, then as I was waiting for black screens, I was dropping to 6, then when I finally finished my 4 clears and got my timers all going... 30th. Ugh. Was hoping we could stick to CL for new release and CL 7 and up gave the 4* as the new release 4*, then placement wouldn't really matter.

Why do y'all keep on claiming that this is an iOS problem EXCLUSIVELY? lol.

Most Android players can't even OPEN UP the game, whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that our Save Data function stopped working properly, literally over a month ago.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gonna be skipping this event. Can't go back to the worse progression rewards pre-CLs and I'm not in 4* land so grinding for a character that's just gonna be a roster drain isn't worth it either. Guess I'll focus PvP for a bit...