roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Are the changes already live in game?
    On next season start.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    This bears repeating over and over until we are all blue in the face.

Thank you for the buffs only and no nerfs. Small, modest, reasonable and frequent changes are going to be great and will not have nearly the disruptive effect they once had.

Bravo, well done team.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These are both fantastic!! SS sounds truly terrifying now, and Cho seems much more powerful and useful, like a Hulk should be!!!!

Thank you for focusing on buffs and not nerfs! You rule!!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Oh, and KP now has another solid companion. Plus even drax will be a bit better with a beefy 4* partner to make a cheap CD for him.

Ah I did not even think about that! Now Kingpin can finally poke someone his own size (well someone bigger than SW lol). Too bad Hulk cannot feed him hotdog.pngicon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm looking forward to trying cho with ice, jean, and pun. or even with ss and a green. or 4thor and rulk. lots of possibilities.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares:

You really think cho's old blue was a better battery? His new power is basically switch's passive but with 1 fewer tiles converted in exchange for damage. I will take 3-turn passive ap generation over an active CD power that takes a 2 turns to resolve.

7 ap + 2 turns for 4 green ap + 3 random charged tiles isn't a great deal (even before considering that his green needed that blue for useful damage).
  • GiantKiller2p
    Options
    I really like these changes, and I especially like that the devs appear to have listened to the feedback they asked for. Which was overwhelmingly "Buffs, not nerfs".

(you wouldn't think that listening to feedback they, themselves asked for, would be so surprising a thing, but it is truly appreciated)

Great changes. Great stuff. Thanks!

-GK
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares:

You really think cho's old blue was a better battery? His new power is basically switch's passive but with 1 fewer tiles converted in exchange for damage. I will take 3-turn passive ap generation over an active CD power that takes a 2 turns to resolve.

7 ap + 2 turns for 4 green ap + 3 random charged tiles isn't a great deal (even before considering that his green needed that blue for useful damage).

Well I guess the big difference is that before it gave you the green AP when you fired the power, no wait or matches there, and then also created the charged blue tiles and did some damage, so for 7 AP it was good enough (this was his only good power). The new version converts some tiles to green, but it is not like switch that all tiles are together and you will get some matches for free (maybe even some match5s), these tiles will probably appear far from each other, so you might be able to match them or not, and I think most of the time they will not 'self-match'. So at least before you always got the green AP, it was a way of 'transforming' blue into green, and then maybe get some extra blue AP with the charged tiles so you could cast it again to get more green. Now the role of creating the charged tiles is done by black, so you are not really losing anything (nobody was able to fire the old black), but you have it in a different power. Of course the best is that blue is a passive, so no cost there, but again you might not get any green for some turns.

So as a whole char Chulk is much better, but Devs have splitted the old blue in two powers one that periodically refills the board with green (you might get it or not) and does some damage and another one that converts tiles to charged tiles. BUT you still need to match the tiles. The AI might get a super cascade on the following turn and get all your charged tiles.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I regret selling Cho covers now, seems promising. And gotta try SS now with my 2 black icon_e_smile.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So glad the nerf bat is being used. Just pulled 2 oml covers in the last 7 tokens I opened.
  • nihilium
    Options
    So uhm, just for my understanding :

Only changes will be made to 4stars and up?
    Bad 2stars and 3stars are pretty much cycled out and except for new players who are forced to use them since clearance lvls everyone will just pretend they don't exist...?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Perfect Being
    BEFORE 12 bluetile.png AP
    Level 3: Heals for 14136 and creates 3 Random Charged tiles.
    Level 5: Heals for 16519 and creates 4 Random Charged tiles.
    AFTER 9 bluetile.png AP
    Level 3: Heals for 10619 and creates 3 Selected Color Charged tiles.
    Level 5: Heals for 13675 and creates 4 Selected Color Charged tiles.

Cosmic Beam
    BEFORE 7 redtile.png AP
    Level 3: Deals 6217 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles.
    Level 5: Deals 8197 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles.
    AFTER 7 redtile.png AP
    Level 3: Deals 7811 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles.
    Level 5: Deals 9513 damage and creates 3 Charged tiles.

Silver Singularity
    BEFORE 13 blacktile.png AP
    Level 3: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn.
    Level 5: Creates a 4 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 5 tiles per turn.
    AFTER 12 blacktile.png AP
    Level 3: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn. 5725 Damage when it collapses.
    Level 5: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 5 tiles per turn. 8245 Damage when it collapses.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nihilium wrote:

Bad 2stars and 3stars are pretty much cycled out and except for new players who are forced to use them since clearance lvls everyone will just pretend they don't exist...?

I would say you probably won't see any 2* adjustments, no. It's a small tier and there's no one egregiously bad (maybe Bullseye, but do we really want him stronger for PvE opponents?)

3* there will probably be adjustments eventually, just not in this wave, and probably not the next one either.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    Silver Singularity
    BEFORE 13 blacktile.png AP
    Level 3: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn.
    Level 5: Creates a 4 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 5 tiles per turn.
    AFTER 12 blacktile.png AP
    Level 3: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn. 5725 Damage when it collapses.
    Level 5: Creates a 4 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 5 tiles per turn. 8245 Damage when it collapses.

Becareful you have a typo there, the new version at max is just 3 turns! So instead of 20 AP it just gathers 15, but it does the damage earlier.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares:

But it's not ap generation, it's 4 random tiles converted to green, not adjacent tiles, RANDOM basic tiles. There's no guarantee if any matches made or that you'll be the one making them

How many times have you used IF IFOKL back to back or Phoenix Psychic Rapport, 14 tiles, and no matches were made?

This is FOUR tiles IF the CD resolves
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares:

But it's not ap generation, it's 4 random tiles converted to green, not adjacent tiles, RANDOM basic tiles. There's no guarantee if any matches made or that you'll be the one making them

How many times have you used IF IFOKL back to back or Phoenix Psychic Rapport, 14 tiles, and no matches were made?

This is FOUR tiles IF the CD resolves

That's a great point. I had just assumed it was adjacent tiles, but it clearly says random tiles. So that is a fair bit worse than switch. I still think the passive aspect to the new power might make it better than the old blue, which cost ap and still took 2 turns to generate 4 guaranteed ap. I agree it was his his best power, but I think this new version might be a bit better.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nihilium wrote:

I would say you probably won't see any 2* adjustments, no. It's a small tier and there's no one egregiously bad (maybe Bullseye, but do we really want him stronger for PvE opponents?)

3* there will probably be adjustments eventually, just not in this wave, and probably not the next one either.
    Bullseye isn't bad. The purple makes him a nuisance to get rid of, and is his primary support role. Deadly Aim is slow, but can sure make for good times when you use it. Green gives you some board control. PVE-wise, he's good to have along o save health packs. PVP-wise, I use him with Black Widow Original (OBW) and Wolverine as a 2-star team to take on lower level champion Rares (my 144 to their 180 or so), and they're a pretty good team. It wouldn't work as well without Bullseye though because of that low health pool on OBW. The only truly bad one is Bagman, and that's so well known as to typically go unmentioned. Or perhaps you're newer and have never seen Bagman before?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to join in the chorus of the "Yay no nerfs!" Speaking for myself, the only reason I use OML so much is that he's my only viable 5* (SS sucked, my PHX is 4/1/3, everyone else is 5 covers or less,) and I'm sure I'm not the only one here. I may sink some Iso into SS now - don't want to botch my Matchmaking but it will be nice to give OML some relief. I'm also looking forward to actually getting some viable 5*s, but with the dilution of the pool coupled with my awful draw rate, that may take some time. Anyway, I honestly do think that OML is far from the best 5* out there, he's just the best 5* that most of us have covered enough to use.

As far as the 4* tier, I see the top tier as 5-7 characters - IMHB, Cyclops, JG, Rulk, and Iceman - I believe Peggy belongs there too but haven't had the chance to use her, and Nova might belong up there as well, it's hard to say with him being bugged. Those characters are remarkably well-balanced against each other, I don't think any of them are particularly better than others, and I use them all very often. The next tier of characters are "use when boosted," and probably don't need a boost, it's the low-middle and trash tier that really need boosting. I wouldn't nerf any of the 4*s.

As far as Cho goes, I'm seriously considering leveling him. Here's what I see as plusses and minuses:

- His Green is expensive but decent. It could be good targeted tile destruction.
    - His blue is a lot more solid - it looks like a pretty good green generator. It is definitely reminiscent of SW's blue (one of the best passives in the game,) but a lot less reliable since the tiles are placed randomly rather than around the CD. On the other hand, it does damage. I definitely need to see this in play before I say one thing or the other.
    - His black has gone up in cost, but is now a lot more useful. To be fair, it was next to useless before. icon_e_smile.gif Seriously, though, it seems decent, a true heal, and a power that creates charged tiles that isn't red or blue (why, hello GT, I didn't see you there.)

I really don't think he's moved into the top tier, but I think he's moved well out of the trash tier. My gut says lower mid-tier, but he could be better, it depends on how he plays.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Well I guess the big difference is that before it gave you the green AP when you fired the power, no wait or matches there, and then also created the charged blue tiles and did some damage, so for 7 AP it was good enough (this was his only good power).
    Blue gave you green AP AFTER countdown resolved. I think it will be much better as a passive, although the best partner would be someone who also turns tiles green (unfortunately we're limited to 3* tier here - KK, Thor, GSBW)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hot Dog Stand (Black)
    Awesome_Hulk_Black_3.jpg
    Awesome_Hulk_Black_5.jpg
    th = true heal??

Anyway, thanks for buff - these two definitely needed it.