Season XXXII: Character Rebalances

Options

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are the charged tiles for the new Hot Dog Stand targeted? It doesn't say "random basic tiles" so I'm wondering if we get to pick the tiles or if it was just an oversight.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Options
    an1979 wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:
    an1979 wrote:
    It is me or did SS's "Perfect Being" got a nerf to numbers?
    Its 3 ap cheaper and lets you pick the color of the charged tiles

Yes but that's not what I'm asking.

I don't see any info here:
    Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
    We decreased the cost of Silver Surfer’s expensive powers, added the ability to choose a color for charged tiles created in Perfect Being, increased damage numbers for Cosmic Beam, and added massive damage upon Silver Singularity’s completion.
    that says:
    "but we made it weaker in exchange"

Yeah, looks like they knocked a few k off the healing. Fair trade by me since a 3 match power is a whole lot easier to use. And if the description is incomplete, it doesn't matter because they released the screen shots with more detail at the same time. If they had hyped a buff for several days and then slipped a small nerf in at the very end, then we,mught have a real complaint. But as is, I don't see a real problem.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The healing per AP is still increased (1300ish to 1500ish) as is the charged tiles per AP so the reduced healing per cast seems reasonable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guess Cho is indeed my next fourstar Champion now...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally would have gone a bit different with Mastermind Excello. The "no damage or AP for destroyed tiles" has always bugged me. The no AP, I understand. I'd take a page from Hood on this and have "Destroyed tiles deal X damage, but do not generate AP". Take off the base damage numbers entirely and make all damage based on number of tiles destroyed. Have [threshold] blue AP, and then the 7 extra tiles are destroyed, dealing the X damage per tile. At max, it would be about 568 damage per tile. And it matches very well to the redesign listed, since 568 times 7 extra tiles is 3976. The additional board shake and potential cascades could make up for the ~2000 less damage than Super Combined Forces.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My greatest regret in life is now not being Totally Awesome. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just noticed that the old powers all have 3 covers while the new have 5. Is that to make the new powers seem more impressive?
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Just noticed that the old powers all have 3 covers while the new have 5. Is that to make the new powers seem more impressive?

Actually its new powers in both pictures I think. The first is to show the level 3 power (if you go 3/5/5, for example) and shows the growth from 3 to 4 in the tooltip below it, then it shows the level 5 to example what the difference between minimum and maximum power levels are.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh, and KP now has another solid companion. Plus even drax will be a bit better with a beefy 4* partner to make a cheap CD for him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice to see it only being buffs, one shame is that it was only 2 chars, they should have also done a 3*.

It would have also been nice for them to have given a health point boost to the group that suffer too much in that area that they are basically a passenger in their own essential unless you can hide them.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Nice to see it only being buffs, one shame is that it was only 2 chars, they should have also done a 3*.

It would have also been nice for them to have given a health point boost to the group that suffer too much in that area that they are basically a passenger in their own essential unless you can hide them.

Baby steps, friend. Baby steps. This is a great first showing. If they are doing this every month or so, then things will get better soon. For now, testing the waters is important.

They COULD buff everyone at once, but seeing how their new characters operate in the meta is important. It sets a new bar that they can work the other characters up to, rather than accidentally creating tons of new big problems to solve.

@Vhal
    I don't see him working well with KP personally because TA Hulk's black is actually looking pretty crazy good.
    But with Red Hulk, that's a different story. Big ol chunky green charged tiles popping around and whatnot.

That covers red, purple, black, blue, and green. Then its just a matter of finding someone to use blue and yellow and red, and who else but Thoress would fit it?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be nice to try out SS, if after all this time he wasn't still stuck at 10 covers (4 red dupes sold). Meanwhile my PHX is up to 458, OML 454. Other 5s have 9-8 covers or less.

I use OML/PHX not because they are the best, but because they are the only ones I pull covers for.

Fix that and I'll start using others too.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Baby steps, friend. Baby steps. This is a great first showing. If they are doing this every month or so, then things will get better soon. For now, testing the waters is important.

They COULD buff everyone at once, but seeing how their new characters operate in the meta is important. It sets a new bar that they can work the other characters up to, rather than accidentally creating tons of new big problems to solve.

I didn't suggest buffing everyone, just add a 3* into the mix too since I am sure that would benefit a larger proportion of the players.

Tweaking the health on the likes of the low hp chars such as the various storms up by 10% wouldn't be a drastic change, just a bit of a QoL boost since you are forced to use these chars in essentials when scaling can make their hp wholly inadequate.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More BUFFS icon_e_smile.gif No NERFS icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thank you Devs for the last improvements. iso8.png
    This game becomes better each day icon_lol.gif
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Overall all changes look great.

All but one that i guess most missed due to the hype:
    at 5 covers, black hole is 4 rounds. suggested changes have dropped that to 3 (plus damage which is cool, but certainly not massive, and not sure it will reach 0 to do the damage as even match-4's destroy the "black hole").

Can't complain with the overall feel, but would certainly like him keeping his 4 turn at 4 and 5 covers.

[Edit: SS still can't hold his own in pvp in 5* land if only 5* of roster. Would definitely like to see his blackflag.png do massive damage, or keep turns at 4, but maybe that's just me, a day 850+ veteran that spent his last 4 seasons with a max surfer playing vs all those damaging 5* beasts icon_cool.gif ]
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cho seems like he'll be an interesting tanky ap generator blue and especially green characters, providing his black heals a bit more than the sub 1000 the buff pics make it seem like.
    It's a cheap active heal with secondary tile charging effect on a character with a Hulk-class health pool. Do you want it to serve you breakfast in bed as well? icon_e_wink.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Nice to see re-works for characters that were way underused. I don't think this raises them to the top, but they are probably no longer on the bottom.

Actually a little sad to see characters that -ARE- overused (ahem, OML, ahem) not getting the nerfs they deserve. When any character of any rarity level is used by the vast majority of users, it is not the worst thing in the world to change that "arrangement"....by force, if necessary. There is often a -reason- those characters are used by so many - they give a benefit (PVE climbs, PVP climbs, PVP D, continual climbs without health packs....) that other characters can't compete with, and those benefits should probably be scaled back.

The "OML-matter" could be solved by true healing of more characters. Like 3*spidey, beast or kk. If they true heal the whole team, OML would not be so dominating and it would be a great buff for esp. 3*spidey.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well well well, so It helped all the previous debate about not nerfing just buffing, so I was wrong!. I am impressed and happy, great work!

Silver Surfer

Yes! Yes! Yes! One of my favourite marvel characters, and one of the worst in the game no more!
    - Blue now is quite good, having the ability to chose color and reduce the cost really makes this power much more useful.
    - Red: A small buff is what it needed. We almost all agreed that 10k was the level we wanted, and we almost got it. Solid power. A pity you can't chose the color of the charges here.
    - Black: Slightly cheaper, added damage. I am bit torn with this one. The extra damage is really nice, but as a batery, which I think was its original usage, its a bit expensive, we still need to pay 12, and we don't get the AP back until 3 turns. But it is clearly better so I guess I am ok with it.

5/3/5 as the super tank battery or 3/5/5 as a more ofensive build. But at long last he looks useful, and might finally replace Peggy as my third

Chulk.
    Green: Well this one looks just ok. Basically reducing the AP blue condition helps. It also helps that his blue is passive (that was one of the big problems of the old configuration, you needed to stockpile blue for green, but then have an active power in blue). I think when the 12AP blue condition is met the damage should be much bigger.
    Blue: This power is trickier to judge. Now is goes much better with the other powers, and the extra damage is nice. But probably the old one was better as a battery power. As a whole the power is nice, good green battery.
    Black: Well, the old one was a joke, so anything is going to be better. Cheap power, with a small heal plus some charged tile generation. Not bad.

Still undecided with the builds, maybey 5/3/5 or go the battery route 3/5/5. Looks like Chulk is now Iceman best friend in the world.

I am happy with the outcome, specially the no-nerf, and I look forward to play with Norrin. I am wondering now how good Chulk really is. He is clearly better than before, but I am still undecided about him (is he just a green battery?)
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great changes, really great, can't wait to try Surfer icon_e_biggrin.gif

Next Invisible Woman/Mr. Fantastic icon_mrgreen.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are the changes already live in game?