Better without Kiora

Options
13»

Comments

• Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    Poor sweet Jace...

But yeah, everyone on this thread is right dammit! Put Kiora in the vault so I can buy her already!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was nice while it lasted. A Kiora deck jammed full of mythics is just so oppressive. I don't mind the crush of tentacles, the seasons past, the ulvenwald hydras but exert influence... that has got to be the most broken card in the game. I'll walk you through it. You watch the AI cascade into a match five, then another match five, then another match that gives eight or so random mana and the hand gets dumped: hydra, sage, SP, draw all the cards, gain all the mana, match a million gems. Then it's your turn, you manage to scrape back a defense and build a creature that is somehow better. AI says, oh hey, good job shutting me down and making a better creature, I'll take that for 10 mana. Wash, rinse, repeat till you are dead. To be clear, my issue is not with Kiora at all but all the green mana excel combined with the annoying blue control is just awful. End rant.
  • Netatron
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    It was nice while it lasted. A Kiora deck jammed full of mythics is just so oppressive. I don't mind the crush of tentacles, the seasons past, the ulvenwald hydras but exert influence... that has got to be the most broken card in the game. I'll walk you through it. You watch the AI cascade into a match five, then another match five, then another match that gives eight or so random mana and the hand gets dumped: hydra, sage, SP, draw all the cards, gain all the mana, match a million gems. Then it's your turn, you manage to scrape back a defense and build a creature that is somehow better. AI says, oh hey, good job shutting me down and making a better creature, I'll take that for 10 mana. Wash, rinse, repeat till you are dead. To be clear, my issue is not with Kiora at all but all the green mana excel combined with the annoying blue control is just awful. End rant.

Kiora mirrors in platinum are ridiculous and anticlimactic, and it's because blue can generate limitless card draws while controlling the board whilst green can generate limitless mana, which combined makes turns last forever, only to be pointless in the face of Crush of Tentacles or something next turn.

And she'll be even stronger once Sage can be used with Season's Past without crashing the game.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    your wishes have come true.
    Sage/SP/uhydra/Kiora will now be uber nerfed in patch 1.7.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well done, congratulations, hope you enjoy what you reap....
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You should better start crying wolf for sorin then. Cause you are probably one of those guys that thinks that game should be on easy mode all the time. I won versus kioras with my basic Lillian's, Gideon and nissa on daily basis. How? Learning that they can't do jack if you attack their mana. Kiora suffers on anything that's not green and blue, a damn lot. Even with ramp.they would slow down, add to it the AI doesn't know how play. And yet this simple fact escaped all whiners minds. Well, now pros will go sorin and you noons will still be loosing
  • blacklotus
    Options
    venomAA wrote:
    You should better start crying wolf for sorin then. Cause you are probably one of those guys that thinks that game should be on easy mode all the time. I won versus kioras with my basic Lillian's, Gideon and nissa on daily basis. How? Learning that they can't do jack if you attack their mana. Kiora suffers on anything that's not green and blue, a damn lot. Even with ramp.they would slow down, add to it the AI doesn't know how play. And yet this simple fact escaped all whiners minds. Well, now pros will go sorin and you noons will still be loosing

or the new Jace v2. he's even better than Kiora now. his 1st n 2nd abilities synergies very well to get him tons of mana for fatties by playing lots of supports n draw cards. n his 3rd will boost those fatties even more.

at l60, he is +5/+4 for blue n black
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    venomAA wrote:

or the new Jace v2. he's even better than Kiora now. his 1st n 2nd abilities synergies very well to get him tons of mana for fatties by playing lots of supports n draw cards. n his 3rd will boost those fatties even more.

at l60, he is +5/+4 for blue n black

Do you have a lvl 60 screenshot?
  • blacklotus
    Options
    not sure how to attach the screen shot I got from my phone. but Jace v2 stats are as follows:

+5/+4 for blue n black. the rest +0.

7/5/5 at lvl60

9: gain 4 mana per support you control on the board

12: discard 1 card, then investigate 4

21: create a support with "When you draw a card, each of your creatures get +4/4"

support shield is 6 for his 3rd.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    not sure how to attach the screen shot I got from my phone. but Jace v2 stats are as follows:

+5/+4 for blue n black. the rest +0.

7/5/5 at lvl60

9: gain 4 mana per support you control on the board

12: discard 1 card, then investigate 4

21: create a support with "When you draw a card, each of your creatures get +4/4"

support shield is 6 for his 3rd.

Thanks!

Not liking this trend of power creep with +9 walkers now.

But like Jace 1, I think everyone is just going to be using skill 3. Skill 1 and skill 2 should really be reversed.
  • blacklotus
    Options
    my thoughts on Jace v2 is the bar for OPness has just been raised.

If one thinks Kiora was OP, Jace v2 is way more OP than her. lol
  • blacklotus
    Options
    my deck idea for Jace v2:

forgotten creation
    Sphinx tutelage
    prism array
    fevered vision
    tamiyo journal
    scatter with the wind
    gone missing
    frog
    2 of your Favourite blue/colorless Fatties.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    my thoughts on Jace v2 is the bar for OPness has just been raised.

If one thinks Kiora was OP, Jace v2 is way more OP than her. lol

I agree. Jace II will be a monster. I bought him and have him at level 30 (just for fun). He can get into trouble at lower levels because only Black and Blue give mana, and of course the AI prioritizes your colours while cascading its own colours in the same sequence. Once the off-colours start producing mana, all of his weaknesses go away.

Now, I also have Sorin (still under level 40), so I can't wait to see how over-the-top he has been tuned.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    Everyone knows Kiora is completely OP, one monster cascade and your getting drained for 6 everyturn. It's depressingly oppressive at times

I'm finding not having to play against her constantly a breath of fresh air. Don't know what everyone else's views are on this?

Surely now tho everyone's had their fun with her and maybe we can tone her down a bit. Try and create somekind of balance with every other Planeswalker in the game.

Thanks my friend, you did a great job