Cl7 max progression went wrong

13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was traveling and didn't have time to run nodes all the way...but figured I'd be safe with 3-4 clears when I had time.

Nope! Nope nope nope. I'm pretty sure I did 4x everything 6x all trivals first sub, did that again second sub...and was 1500 short with basically no points remaining.

Randomly woke up at 4:30 and had just enough time in the final half hour to grind out the progression from refreshed nodes - still would have been nice to be standard 4x everything (or a heads up on what would be needed).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heading into this event, I didn't have 4* Venom, so for the first sub I lacked the points from his essential node. This was the first event I cleared every node beyond 6 clears because I was trying in vain to be T100 for the 200 HP. Despite clearing everything six times, every node except the initial team-up node seven times and a few other nodes an eighth time I still failed to place T100. It really hurts placement not having all the required characters to start with. But I did have some extra points heading into the second sub.

Since I obtained the 4* Venom cover through progression, I was able to play his essential node on the second sub. After five clears of all nodes (except the initial team-up node, which sits at four), I'm still 79 points shy of max progression. I'll get it, but I wonder how close it would be if I hadn't grinded some of the nodes in the first sub?

Hearts of Darkness will be the same; I have Luke Cage and will swap out Moonstone for an OBW I have in my queue, but I won't be starting with IMHB, so I won't get the points from his node until I get his cover through progression. Will it be enough to still hit max progression without grinding down the first sub or two until I get his cover? Hopefully.

Judging by the rewards for HoD, the event after could be even trickier for me. I don't have Squirrel Girl or Mr. Fantastic to start, so I won't be able to do their required nodes until I get them in progression. Going off my experience with DP vs. MPQ, because I'm not starting HoD with all the required characters, I likely won't place T50 to get the Squirrel Girl covers. I'll probably place T100, but not T50 for the Luke Cage covers in DP vs. MPQ, so the same will probably hold true for HoD.

Thankfully SG comes pretty early in progression, so hopefully I can still hit her node in the first sub. It would be helpful if you got at least one cover for placing T100 overall in an event so you can start with a required character if you don't have them, but it does help to get the covers through progression, so I can't complain too much. It does seem like you do need at least 2 of the 3 required characters clearing each available node six times in order to hit max progression though, and then just barely.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure I won't hit full progression. Part of it was time crunch part of it was I forgot about the difference in 2 day subs. Cleared the 1 round with four full clears and cleared the 3 trivial nodes fully. So far I have cleared all nodes (except initial intro node) four times on second round but I am almost 8000 iso short and since you only get about 3950 for a full clear on round two, I won't be getting the final 15 CP....was really bummed about that but it was mostly my fault I guess. The progression target did seem much higher though as I used to not clear past 4 clears in previous two day subs (except trivial nodes which I always max clear) and still would hit top progression.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    In my slice (2), rank 6, only 2 people hit progression icon_lol.gif