Cl7 max progression went wrong

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I like the CL change over all but clearly something is wrong with max progression limit. Before 4 clears of each node were more than enough. In this event - far from it.

I have grinded the first sub almost optimally to 1 (finished 6 so as close to optimal as i can play) and second - 4 times each node right when they appeared. Yet i am still not at max progression. I get that its two two-day subs but still the point limit seems too high.

Am i missing something?

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blame 2 day subs. 4 clears of a node doesn't work when the nodes are up for 48 hours instead of 24. It usually works out closer to three to four clears a day.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's just the 2 day subs. 5-6 clears of each sub will get you max progression, and since they are 2 days, it's only an average of 3 clears per day.

Another way to look at it... You're almost at max progression and it's still day 3 of a 4 day event.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did optimal clears of sub 1, and just finished the initial 4 clears on sub 2 and I'm not at max progression either. Like the posts above, I think it might be because they are 48 hour subs. I am close though. Only a few thousand short. So I should reach the max progression the next time through.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm doing semi-optimal clears of 1 (work and all) but by my math I shouldn't have any trouble still hitting max progression.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to hit progression tomorrow on day 3 during my 1 clear for the day. That still leaves my final clear on day 4 and I will already be over progression. I think this is just wonky because it is two 2 day subs as several other people stated.
  • What kind of point total would be considered normal progression at this time?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The longest gap between rewards seems to be right after the 4 star.

Something was changed there.

it's very weirdly spaced out and it's noticeable during the clears.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    max progression?

when I saw doc+carnage that idea went out the window. now way I grind that node with an underleveled venom

keep that cp, thx for the cover though
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Add a new tier system so people with 2 and 3 star rosters can compete for appropriate prizes. Then make it so max progression is impossible to hit without the featured 4 star.

Well played Demiurge, well played.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i really like that you get 10cp and two 3*s before you get the 4*.

if you stop here you lose out on 1k iso and 15cp.
    not enough to get trolled by carnage and oc
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I will echo the sentiment that sub-optimal clears are likely to still net me progression, but it will be close. I think I have 6,000 more to go with one more full clear then a grind if needed.

The 48 hour subs have definitely caused some confusion, and I missed a grind on the first sub due to life.

So while it feels strange, I don't think it is significantly different from the past.

I would also like to say that I love the progression rewards compared to previous PvE. While I'm not stoked about getting a Venom cover, and I might not bother to get t50 and get a Luke Cage cover, getting two 3* and a guaranteed 4* cover is a welcome change.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's easy enough in 2 day subs. In fact it's kinda chill.
    Clear the nodes 4 times as fast as possible when it opens. Then 24 hours later clear each node once. Then in the last day grind them down as normal.

I'm well on track to get it today.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    5 clears on both subs gets you about 35k, if you allow nodes to recharge to full points after the 4th clear. Which is less work than usual considering these subs are 48 hours. 4x on day 1, 2x on day 2 is less clearing than most events.

It seems the higher max prog targets are here to stay, which is disappointing, but I guess their rationale is that they've spread out the CP, so it's only 15 CP at the end.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Like others said, 5 full point clears because they are 48 hour subs. I love this format way more since it gives you a day where you only need to do one full clear. Usually you have to do your final clear before the sub ends and then start the grind for the initial 4 clears of the new sub. This format gives you a break. Wish there were more like this.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I did 4 clears in the first 24 hours, then 2 clears at the end. Seems to be about spot on. Basically play every node to completion (6) at full value. I'll hit max progress with 24 hours to go
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    No one else has mentioned this, but there's also the fact that there are some 1 time reward nodes that used to be repeatable for Progression points but aren't anymore (the 50HP node in Heroes, the big ISO node in Villains).
  • 6/6 plus a little bit first sub(top 50), progression achieved at 5/6 second sub.

fun fun fun icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    They want you to get the XP (6 clears), but also lowered progression so you could still easily get it if you are missing an essential.

It's a well though out progression score.
  • seekie
    seekie Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    So even the upcoming hearts of darkness has 3k inflation, from 42k to 45k. What is with the obsession of pushing up the ceiling.. very soon one will need to do perfect clear every sub to get max progression.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it on my day 3 clear. I still have my grind-down for event end for placement, but I've hit max progression.

I ultimately x6'ed the non essentials and x5'ed the essentials on sub 1, and I'm at x5 everything on sub 2 currently (x4/x1/x1/x4/x1 has been my pattern so far).

And that got me there.