Cl7 max progression went wrong

Comments

• Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    The new distribution of rewards makes it less important than ever to gain max progression. I assume that spreading out the CP to lower rewards and adding the additional covers at lower ranks is part of why they decided to raise the max.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah the issue is, they can't go up from here, you basically constantly need all characters rostered and leveled for progression.

We'll see how it plays out in the future.

It makes 7 days events even less appealing then they already are, which is a feat.
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    How is the new system less appealing? It allows you to get more rewards (including 10 cp and a guaranteed 4*) for far less work than the old system. It also allows you to get lots more rewards for a bit more work (if you get max progression).
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    It's the same in CL6. On top of that in my slice I'm still competing against people with champed 4* rosters, so I don't see a point of ever choosing CL6 over CL7 (that is also available for me).

My top 3 characters for this event are around lvl 166, while scaling on hard nodes goes up to lvl 200. Cheers.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Feels like I'm beating a dead horse, but...

Current target: 36k

Previous runs:
    June 2016: 37k
    April 2016: 44k
    February 2016: 40k

So, in short: if anything, the current target is more favourable than it has been in the previous runs. An average of 3 full clears a day for full progression makes it one of the least time consuming PvE events available.

On the other hand, some nodes are very difficult (e.g. Carnage + Doc Oc + Ultron Prime), making this event a health pack hungry one. In addition, there is the perk of having two unusual 48-hour subs, which means you better pay attention to the timing of your clears if you don't want to miss on a few thousand points.

Is the event difficult and does it demand some attention to the way you hit the nodes? Yes. Is the max prog target too high, compared to previous runs and other events? No.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I screwed up Sub 1 due to life meaning I missed the final grind so only managed the 4 full clears and then a single follow up clear for 5 at full level...

But getting 6 clears on sub 2 split 4 & 2 has meant that I hit progression...

so it was relatively stress free icon_e_smile.gif
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I agree hitting progression was fairly easy..
    but maybe because my switch n JG were champed icon_e_smile.gif
  • DTStump
    An additional post to point something out.
    seekie wrote:
    So even the upcoming hearts of darkness has 3k inflation, from 42k to 45k. What is with the obsession of pushing up the ceiling.. very soon one will need to do perfect clear every sub to get max progression.

You are not mentioning that 42k was an abnormally low target compared to previous runs (55k, 59k)... also, if you hit every non-wave node 4 times and every wave node 2 times (i.e. effectively starting all timers), you get 50.4k. In other words, play whenever you want, as long as you start every timer you should get more than enough for full progression.

TL; DR: they are not pushing up the ceiling and you definitely don't need to be anywhere near optimal to get full progression. Also stop with the slippery slope thing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:

Previous runs:

So, in short: if anything, the current target is more favourable than it has been in the previous runs. An average of 3 full clears a day for full progression makes it one of the least time consuming PvE events available.

On the other hand, some nodes are very difficult (e.g. Carnage + Doc Oc + Ultron Prime), making this event a health pack hungry one. In addition, there is the perk of having two unusual 48-hour subs, which means you better pay attention to the timing of your clears if you don't want to miss on a few thousand points.

Is the event difficult and does it demand some attention to the way you hit the nodes? Yes. Is the max prog target too high, compared to previous runs and other events? No.
    Previous runs have all been under the old scoring system with 8 hour refreshes though. This is the first run with 24 hour refreshes, and 48 hour subs are a Little wonky under that system. A PvE with two 48 hour subs gets more than a Little wonky that way.
  • DTStump
    Quebbster wrote:
    DTStump wrote:

Previous runs:

Previous runs have all been under the old scoring system with 8 hour refreshes though. This is the first run with 24 hour refreshes, and 48 hour subs are a Little wonky under that system. A PvE with two 48 hour subs gets more than a Little wonky that way.

Which is why I stated you have to pay a little attention to what you're doing. If you do 6 clears in one sitting, you're going to miss out on a few points. But a lot of people are just complaining that you have to do 6 or 7 clears per sub and this is so much higher than the usual 4, without even considering these are 48 hour subs.

In the event thread there's even somebody complaining that the devs did not "communicate well" enough. This is just unfair.

EDIT: take the OP for example. The person is unhappy because 6 clears + 4 clears were not enough for max progression, and this is clearly above the usual 4 per sub. But 10 clears in 4 days, that's 2.5 clears per day...
  • Quebbster
    DTStump wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    DTStump wrote:

Previous runs:

Which is why I stated you have to pay a little attention to what you're doing. If you do 6 clears in one sitting, you're going to miss out on a few points. But a lot of people are just complaining that you have to do 6 or 7 clears per sub and this is so much higher than the usual 4, without even considering these are 48 hour subs.

In the event thread there's even somebody complaining that the devs did not "communicate well" enough. This is just unfair.

EDIT: take the OP for example. The person is unhappy because 6 clears + 4 clears were not enough for max progression, and this is clearly above the usual 4 per sub. But 10 clears in 4 days, that's 2.5 clears per day...
    Paying attention? What sort of demands are you placing on people? icon_e_smile.gif
    I'll agree that DPvsMPQ wasn't the best event to start this system though. And next up is Heart of Darkness, with all those survival nodes potentially mucking things up... And then there's Meet Rocket and Groot, which is a new character release and people will grind like mad anyway... It might be a while Before people get a feel for how to work the new rewards list I guess.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather have 2 1-day subs where I have to hit 4 clears, than 1 48h sub, when I have to do a full clear.

Why? SCALING
    4th, 5th, 6th clear on Carnage/Ultron/Octopus who are 20+ levels higher than my top (boosted) characters. Yay.
  • DTStump
    Quebbster wrote:
    And then there's Meet Rocket and Groot, which is a new character release and people will grind like mad anyway...

I'm just hoping SCL7 people realize they probably don't have to grind for top 100 to get the new character anymore - they probably just have to wait until the next event and get a cover through progression... how awesome is that? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I should go ahead and mention I hit max progression halfway through my semi-optimal 5th clear of sub 2.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir wrote:
    I'd rather have 2 1-day subs where I have to hit 4 clears, than 1 48h sub, when I have to do a full clear.

Why? SCALING
    4th, 5th, 6th clear on Carnage/Ultron/Octopus who are 20+ levels higher than my top (boosted) characters. Yay.
    Luckily Ultron is such a tosser that the fight is doable (what is wrong with those lasers??).
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:

Why? SCALING
    Luckily Ultron is such a tosser that the fight is doable (what is wrong with those lasers??).
    He is meant to function with his drones which occasionally barf tons of strike tiles on the board. When you've got +600 damage, those lasers start to hurt.
  • Quebbster
    DTStump wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    And then there's Meet Rocket and Groot, which is a new character release and people will grind like mad anyway...

I'm just hoping SCL7 people realize they probably don't have to grind for top 100 to get the new character anymore - they probably just have to wait until the next event and get a cover through progression... how awesome is that? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That is indeed awesome. Still, moar coverz is betterz, so I expect a lot of grinding anyway.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's spot-on. You get 10 cp on the way up to a known 4* cover, which takes less than 4 total clears. Getting that final prize requires more effort. In this case, it's a little more Iso and 15 CP. Those who are really dedicated and pushing for 7 clears will make it. Before, the only reason they had to push that far was placement.

I'm on board with the "remove placement from PvE" sentiment, but this revision is a pretty good halfway measure. You can earn a good portion of the best prizes without grinding to infinity. The placement awards are still there, and desirable, but diluted somewhat by the improved progression prizes.

The max progression bar has been moved so it comes closer to the hardcore crowd, but the awards before max progression are better than the previous incarnation's max progression. Everyone wins.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I like the progression rewards now. My problem is with end game rewards.

Six clears both events. THen at the end, cleared down to single digit points in each node.

Ranked 88.

Got three elite tokens.

Why change the 1 three star cover reward? It goes from 3 elite tokens to 2 3 star covers?

Seems bizarre, yet continued in the next event anyway.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultron Prime has always been terrible. Even in the first run of Avengers vs. Ultron the fights against him were a relaxing break from the Tetris Ultron battles.