MPQJunkie.com - April Rankings Dump posted!

Options
124»

Comments

• Ariakos wrote:
    I was just clicking away until I faced dire ethical dilemma: Daredevil or Bagman? How on earth can you choose between two evils? Eventually I refused to choose, just couldn't do it. Had to stop voting right there. icon_neutral.gif

This is what aoe damage powers were made for icon_twisted.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    A cool future addition (though a lot of work) would be if clicking on a character in the ranking leads to a profile page with info on HP and abilities at max level.

Yeah, I could set up links to their wiki pages with relatively little effort.
    I'm just turning over the idea of character subpages with build voting, but not sure how useful it'd be for the amount of work required
    (since it'd basically be only useful for punisher, mags, and obw atm)
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Do you have a vision for what you want it to be and how you want people to use it?

Is it a one-stop-shop for all things MPQ? A place for useful tools? (Built-in ISO/level calculator) A place with helpful guides? ('How to tank/rubberband/whatever?')
    I'm not saying it needs to be any of those things, but I'm curious to know if you've set any goals with it and the suggestion of putting the character information in there made me think about it.

Or is it really just something to get into learning a new skillset? (I'm not sure if websites are something you do professionally or if you're just tinkering around with a hobby project.)
  • Nemek wrote:
    Is it a one-stop-shop for all things MPQ? A place for useful tools? (Built-in ISO/level calculator) A place with helpful guides? ('How to tank/rubberband/whatever?')

I'm not saying Junkie has to be this place but it would be nice to have one link to send people to for this type of thing.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Do you have a vision for what you want it to be and how you want people to use it?

I'm not saying it needs to be any of those things, but I'm curious to know if you've set any goals with it and the suggestion of putting the character information in there made me think about it.

My eventual aim is that people stop by there first if they want info quickly rather than just chatting, because sorting through 5+ pages of posts to find the info you want even if you know the specific topic isn't always ideal
    Of course, for guides and things like that I'll need some content contributors, was thinking of getting around to contacting people like mischiefmaker

My next step after getting the voting stable is putting up important event rankings (alliance/HP entrance events) and figuring out some kind of swanky way to do ISO calculator that'd be more useful than the spreadsheet
    Open to suggestions (and volunteer offers)
  • Puritas
    Options
    dum-dee-dum bump because new mods aren't doing any modding so this isn't stickied yet~
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It would be really nice to add preferred builds and quick discussions about each char there.

Actually, voting on preferred builds would be good. -- That way we can see what the percentages are.

With regards to quick discussions... Possibly leech mischiefmaker's threads (with his permission of course). icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tannen wrote:
    With regards to quick discussions... Possibly leech mischiefmaker's threads (with his permission of course). icon_e_biggrin.gif
    and this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5304
  • Looped Three-Star Thor vs Ares about six times in 20 votes. The voting randomness needs improvement.
  • Puritas wrote:
    dum-dee-dum bump because new mods aren't doing any modding so this isn't stickied yet~

Not hating, but would the devs want what amounts to an ad for a non-affiliated site to be sticked? I would assume no, regardless of hiw useful it would be. It's easy to forget, but this is actually the official forum for the company/game. Just saying don't be too surprised if it isn't.

Plus, if it were stickied idly would likely be somewhere other than the general discussion part of the forum. Not sure where..maybe in the tips section If it was?
  • Puritas
    Options
    oh well, guess we'll have to keep bumping this then! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Puritas
    Options
    Snapshot of the Character Rankings - April/2014

1. Magneto (Classic)
    2. Spider-man (Classic)
    3. Wolverine (Patch)
    4. The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    5. The Hulk (Indestructible)
    6. Black Widow (Original)
    7. The Hood (Classic)
    8. Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    9. Black Panther (T’Challa)
    10. Psylocke (Classic)
    11. Thor (Modern)
    12. Dr. Doom (Classic)
    13. Ares (Dark Avengers)
    14. Wolverine (Astonishing)
    15. Storm (Classic)
    16. Magneto (Marvel Now)
    17. Thor (Marvel NOW)
    18. Iron Man (Model 40)
    19. Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)
    20. Invisible Woman (Classic)
    21. Wolverine (X-Force)
    22. Storm (Modern)
    23. Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)
    24. Loki (Dark Reign)
    25. Hawkeye (Modern)
    26. Captain America (Modern)
    27. Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    28. Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel)
    29. Black Widow (Modern)
    30. Iron Man (Model 35)
    31. Juggernaut (Classic)
    32. Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye)
    33. Venom (Dark Avengers Spiderman)
    34. Spider-man (Bag-man)
    35. Hawkeye (Classic)
    36. Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow)

Notable surprises:
    OBW in #6
    Lazythor #11 (Below Psylocke!)
    Xforce Wolvie above Daken and M.storm ( I guess he does have a lot of hp...)
  • Tannen
    Options
    Possibly influenced by the question posed?

"Who would you use". If your respondents are mainly 2** players, they'll be using OBW all the time, and they may have no 3***s that they use at all. Or someone may have a thing about OBW that makes them use her all the time. Or they may feel dirty using Daken, so they pick against him when he comes up...

Having said that, I have no idea how you'd "fix" the wording if that is the case.

Just note it down, and carry on. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Puritas
    Options
    That's a good point actually.
    Maybe "Who do you consider stronger" would be better, although I was avoiding that in the first case to allow for supports
  • Tannen
    Options
    Possibly "Of the two characters shown, which is better at max level?" -- Although that may influence people to vote for the 4****s more, even though currently they have no use because no-one is levelling them up.

As you said, "stronger" would lead people away from support characters...
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As the wording matter came up, just another idea to throw into the discussion: maybe the question could be something like "Which character would you rather have on your roster?"