MPQJunkie.com - April Rankings Dump posted!

Options
Puritas
Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
BMs5iHU.png?1

Introducing MPQJunkie.com, your one stop info dump for those days when you just don't have time to sort through the forums.

Current Features:
  • IceIX Important Posts Tracker
  • Simple Character Voting System
  • Full-fledged Character Rankings
    *Data may be inaccurate for first 48 hours after launch

Visit today and register your votes for your favorite characters, or leave suggestions here for future features!

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Wow. That's...rather well done.

Was it all from scratch or was there some sort of template? And there was an API to grab a certain person's forum posts?
  • Puritas
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I hacked together some wordpress plugins to accomplish what I wanted rather than code from scratch icon_e_smile.gif

An API would be amazing but wouldn't filter out all his casual posts, so right now the tracker's just maintained by a team of highly trained monkeys equipped with snark filters.
  • It's like hot or not.
  • Very nicely done. It's hilarious how instead of a red tracker (Riot Games) or blue tracker (Blizzard Entertainment) we have an IceIX tracker.
  • How can Bag-Man be at the bottom?! What is wrong with all you people!?
  • not bad will use
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll rank for a while, great idea. Though I wonder how hard it'll be for new characters to get integrated into the rating.
  • Nice work, Puritas. I give it the kitchens thumbs-up. icon_twisted.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Man, Devil Dino doesn't even get on the *list* here, much less last place. Poor guy.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm... Bagman vs. lazy thor..... tough choice icon_lol.gif
  • Puritas
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I'll rank for a while, great idea. Though I wonder how hard it'll be for new characters to get integrated into the rating.

Because of the ELO system, once rankings are stabilized with a wider spread from 1400, it'll take relatively few votes to place new characters icon_e_smile.gif
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Impressive indeed, and unexpected as well. Let the voting commence!
  • Pretty suhweet, but what's up with the Psylocke love?
  • Nicely done Puritas.
  • Pretty suhweet, but what's up with the Psylocke love?

I think the system is spitting out semi-random character match ups. So, it is possible that a ton of people saw some thing like: Psylocke vs. Bagman, Psylocke vs. Yelene, Psylocke vs. C. Hawkeye etc. before stopping rating.
  • Puritas wrote:
    I hacked together some wordpress plugins to accomplish what I wanted rather than code from scratch icon_e_smile.gif

An API would be amazing but wouldn't filter out all his casual posts, so right now the tracker's just maintained by a team of highly trained monkeys equipped with snark filters.

LOL!

Great work!
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great work guys.
  • Caught in an infinite loop of spidey vs daredevil. Like 20 straight times til I gave up.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Caught in an infinite loop of spidey vs daredevil. Like 20 straight times til I gave up.

Really odd. It didn't seem to count those votes, so maybe a connection error of some sort.
  • Puritas wrote:
    Caught in an infinite loop of spidey vs daredevil. Like 20 straight times til I gave up.

Really odd. It didn't seem to count those votes, so maybe a connection error of some sort.

I'll try it out again later. Was pretty cool up til that.