Devs - Seasons Past infinite loop

Options
124»

Comments

• ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While fixing season's past can you fix the random freezing.

Lost two games now due to this in this event. Seems to be when you have a full hand with it casted first.

My last two freezes after casting the card:

https://imgur.com/jyKAEG4
    https://imgur.com/gxhUHso

Edit: ok not six cards just random coz I just got this one in QB:

https://imgur.com/hEHstG1
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could you also fix the bug what choosing "not now" still casts the card?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Suggestions for nerfing Harness the Storm (if at all necessary):

1. Whenever you cast a Spell, you lose 1 mana, Return the Spell at the bottom of your Graveyard to your hand then Destroy 3 gems.
    Doesn't affect the normal use much but makes it such that you can only chain spells if you got a free match/cascade after casting the last spell or if you got a massive cascade filling up more than one spell.

2. Whenever you cast a Spell, Return the Spell at the bottom of your Graveyard to your hand then Destroy 3 gems prioritizing your Planeswalker's color.
    **** your mana gain in a long chain. Runs a higher risk of destroying Harness the Storm itself in a long chain. Also has a side effect of complementing Delirium cards.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1. Whenever you cast a Spell, you lose 1 mana, Return the Spell at the bottom of your Graveyard to your hand then Destroy 3 gems.
    Doesn't affect the normal use much but makes it such that you can only chain spells if you got a free match/cascade after casting the last spell or if you got a massive cascade filling up more than one spell.

Probably not enough. A number of other cards combo very well with Harness the Storm which would make up for this. I'm not allowed to name them myself, but if someone else does, then we could talk openly about them.

2. Whenever you cast a Spell, Return the Spell at the bottom of your Graveyard to your hand then Destroy 3 gems prioritizing your Planeswalker's color.
    **** your mana gain in a long chain. Runs a higher risk of destroying Harness the Storm itself in a long chain. Also has a side effect of complementing Delirium cards.

Too much, IMO. Harness's loops of spells are one thing, but it's power to recur spells is what's putting it in Tier 1 right now; A string of Demolishes will let you beat a Kiora with her endless mana supports and Prism Arrays... and they are endless. Nerfing Harness this much reduces the viable number of Tier 1 decks in the metagame.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev wrote:

Probably not enough. A number of other cards combo very well with Harness the Storm which would make up for this. I'm not allowed to name them myself, but if someone else does, then we could talk openly about them.
    There is Brain in a Jar, but if you drain the 1 mana after Brain in a Jar triggers, you can still break the chain. Though I don't have Brain in a Jar so I don't know when it gives the 1 mana to all spells in hand.
    shteev wrote:

Too much, IMO. Harness's loops of spells are one thing, but it's power to recur spells is what's putting it in Tier 1 right now; A string of Demolishes will let you beat a Kiora with her endless mana supports and Prism Arrays... and they are endless. Nerfing Harness this much reduces the viable number of Tier 1 decks in the metagame.
    It would still be able to recur spells no? The only thing is that the greater the number of spells it recurs, the higher the chance it has of knocking itself out.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dont get the problem here, harness doesnt give infinite loops, 5 cards if you are lucky....
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    There's a card that coverts two colors to void gems, I've seen that combo with harness over and over.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    There's a card that coverts two colors to void gems, I've seen that combo with harness over and over.
    Crumble to Dust? That just seems like a pointless combo... unless you're playing Gideon or Jace and/or going up against a Koth - in which case that's going to be a pain.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    Crumble to Dust? That just seems like a pointless combo... unless you're playing Gideon or Jace and/or going up against a Koth - in which case that's going to be a pain.

Played over and over, it shakes the board up, makes void mana, causes cascades... it was the only time I've seen a fifteen cascade+ with Harness. I can't remember if anything else was part of the combo.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got another idea for harness the storm, if it is needed.
    Only destroy the gems if the spell costs (4? 5? 6?) Or more mana.