Minor Board Update 03/19/14

Options

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm curious to see how its implemented here.
  • Click on someone's username, and it takes you to their profile. There's a Reputation line item there, clicking brings up a popup, you can +1 someone's reputation and leave an optional note along with it.
  • Well, I just foudn you can go to a profile and "rate" a person there, giving them reputation. I havent figured out how posts get reputation or something (that 0 underneath all our posts now)

I also noticed that when you view someone's profile you have two other options - Add Friend and Add Foe. Is this new as well?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    kermitk50 wrote:
    Well, I just foudn you can go to a profile and "rate" a person there, giving them reputation. I havent figured out how posts get reputation or something (that 0 underneath all our posts now)

I also noticed that when you view someone's profile you have two other options - Add Friend and Add Foe. Is this new as well?

Friend and foe have always been there.
  • oh, there are thumbs up and down near that "0"! Now we can upvote and downvote posts!

Is it posibly to implement negative reputation? I can only rate someone positive.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I added to Nemek's laurels.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    You have to have 25 positive rep before you can downvote someone. That way new users can't just spam new accounts and rep smear someone.
  • Ah, smart icon_e_smile.gif

Fun update Ice! Thanks!
  • IceIX wrote:
    You have to have 25 positive rep before you can downvote someone. That way new users can't just spam new accounts and rep smear someone.

Good call.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    For a brand new user making their first post about job making schemes in Saskatchewanian kitchens, we should have downvote capabilities to jettison spammers.

Omigod, I just found word replacement for kitc****.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    And... we're on. Reputation is now enabled for both users and posts. I'll edit the top post with more info and the News/Announcement thread with same.

Is reputation an integer only system or can I one day achieve a reputation of i?
    There's an option to use images instead of text digits. Was thinking of using the Super Mario Bros messed up ASCII code for when you go over 100 lives. Who doesn't want a reputation of crown/half melted iceblock/X?
  • Cool update. Thanks ice.
  • While I normally would like this kind of system in an ideal setting, it's almost always used in 90% of situations as "I dis/agree with this person - down/upvote."
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    There's an option to use images instead of text digits. Was thinking of using the Super Mario Bros messed up ASCII code for when you go over 100 lives. Who doesn't want a reputation of crown/half melted iceblock/X?

No, no... it should be like Sonic's golden rings. But whenever you use a "forbidden" word, you lose 100 of them in an explosion of rings.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So... was musing around with the idea of starting a thread dedicated for people to upvote each other so we can all pass the 25 rep needed to downvote people icon_twisted.gif, but I think I'm going to wuss out. Wouldn't object to anyone else starting it though (and having IceIX promptly closing it). Probably would belong nicely in the Off-Topic forum though.
  • IceIX
    Options
    So... was musing around with the idea of starting a thread dedicated for people to upvote each other so we can all pass the 25 rep needed to downvote people icon_twisted.gif, but I think I'm going to wuss out. Wouldn't object to anyone else starting it though (and having IceIX promptly closing it). Probably would belong nicely in the Off-Topic forum though.
    Well, I can easily clear rep gained from any particular thread, so it would have to be an insidious upvoting system, spread throughout multiple threads to avoid detection. Good luck! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I've upvoted most people here.
  • So... was musing around with the idea of starting a thread dedicated for people to upvote each other so we can all pass the 25 rep needed to downvote people icon_twisted.gif, but I think I'm going to wuss out. Wouldn't object to anyone else starting it though (and having IceIX promptly closing it). Probably would belong nicely in the Off-Topic forum though.

You have 19 alliance members who enjoy your thoughts enough to "like" you. Hehe
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to go back a few months and rep up that guy who registered as BaconMagic and made a thread.
    It's long overdue.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Looks like IceIX will earn downvoting rights before anyone else.