MPQ At Marvel.com: 5-Star Black Widow!

13»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    donietsche wrote:

Maybe she will shine in pve, as someone pointed out.

And we certainly need more of those. icon_twisted.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Okay I Champed Her already. Here's the vid for Info.

https://youtu.be/1dW1M4Q11Pc

Enjoy.

KDN: what am I missing about her? When I look over her stats she seems barely above trash tier (for a 5*).

3 Expensive powers, all with contingencies that may not be easy to get, and no real synergy between the powers. No aoe damage either. Passive is solid, but overall she seems meh at first glance.

My thoughts exactly. She looks like scrub to be honest. icon_e_confused.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    It also comes packed with a passive! Whenever one of Black Widow’s allies is stunned, she stuns a random enemy for one turn.

That should go very well with 5* Spider-Man.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

Enjoy.

thanks for the video. watching high level game play is insane coming from a noob 4* transitioner.
  • DeNappa wrote:
    After reading the article I came here to post exactly the same. If you have so many possibilities to choose from, why for the love of Stan Lee come with another version for a character we already have a 3 instances of icon_rolleyes.gif... Seriously, come up with a 5* Dr. Strange or Namor Already icon_mrgreen.gif

At a guess, we'll be getting Dr. Strange in 6 to 8 weeks. icon_e_wink.gif

As for Namor, I think I remember hearing that his movie rights are a bit complicated.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Enjoy.

thanks for the video. watching high level game play is insane coming from a noob 4* transitioner.

What is a noob 4* transitioner? Who is still a noob after putting together a 3* bench?
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:

Enjoy.

What is a noob 4* transitioner? Who is still a noob after putting together a 3* bench?

someone with a developed 3* roster that is beginning to have some usable 4*'s. my apologies for the confusion.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    I swear, if I see someone say one more time "X character doesn't fit in the 5 star tier," I will be really annoyed even more than I currently am. We already know tier has nothing to do with a characters comic book or movie strength levels. This has been said repeatedly. Stop saying the above. I will repeat again to hope it will get through to those that keep posting the same comment: TIER DOES NOT CORRESPOND TO COMIC OR MOVIE STRENGTH. So when we see a 5 star Spider-Ham in a year from now, don't complain about them being weak.

I would whale the hell out of a 5* Spider-Ham!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    I am so excited about the new 5*. It's just total amazeballs.... not. It means I will have even more trouble getting any sort of working 5* due to the sheer number of them in the classic packs. Without a working 5* I can't get to 1.3k to get 25 CP and pull 5*. Circle of life is brutal in this game. Oh well...

Who the hell needs working 5* to get 1.3k in pvp - 3* rosters are doing 2k every event

Maybe they meant getting there without the high levels of out of game coordination that almost anyone getting 2k with a 3* roster would require?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    I am so excited about the new 5*. It's just total amazeballs.... not. It means I will have even more trouble getting any sort of working 5* due to the sheer number of them in the classic packs. Without a working 5* I can't get to 1.3k to get 25 CP and pull 5*. Circle of life is brutal in this game. Oh well...

Who the hell needs working 5* to get 1.3k in pvp - 3* rosters are doing 2k every event

Do enlighten me as to how (and I assume we are talking about champed 3* rosters with multiple champed 4* in the deck as only then their situation can be comparable to mine in terms of mmr). I am sure that is done with a 3h shield at the end of event to protect the score. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    Do enlighten me as to how (and I assume we are talking about champed 3* rosters with multiple champed 4* in the deck as only then their situation can be comparable to mine in terms of mmr). I am sure that is done with a 3h shield at the end of event to protect the score. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Of course not, you need to shield hop. But if you have multiple champed 4*, you should have absolutely no problems hitting 1.3k every PVP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got attacked in PvP by someone with a championed Black Widow on their roster. Impressive. I suppose this distribution model appeals to the whales...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Got attacked in PvP by someone with a championed Black Widow on their roster. Impressive. I suppose this distribution model appeals to the whales...

Yeah I just looked and there is a big money alliance where at least one member (you know who) already has a champed BW, so I guess there may be more people that has her champed.

The impression I have is that new 5s for now are just for super whales, they are the only ones that can keep the pace. I hope SHIELD clearance fixes this, but I am not sure of how it can be done (the problem is that #1 position in PvP or PvE is unattainable for most of us so it can't be position dependent, maybe the 15k progression for the season should be added and should be a 5, but we need something more than an extra 5 every season).
  • Quebbster
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah I just looked and there is a big money alliance where at least one member (you know who) already has a champed BW, so I guess there may be more people that has her champed.

The impression I have is that new 5s for now are just for super whales, they are the only ones that can keep the pace. I hope SHIELD clearance fixes this, but I am not sure of how it can be done (the problem is that #1 position in PvP or PvE is unattainable for most of us so it can't be position dependent, maybe the 15k progression for the season should be added and should be a 5, but we need something more than an extra 5 every season).
    Yeah, I know "the usual suspect" has a champion BW, but this was someone else. I am quite impressed, since getting that many covers should mean spending at least 3000 CP (barring freak luck of course). Can't imagine having that many CP to spare, really...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah, I know "the usual suspect" has a champion BW, but this was someone else. I am quite impressed, since getting that many covers should mean spending at least 3000 CP (barring freak luck of course). Can't imagine having that many CP to spare, really...

But this is quite neat to check the stats

BW at 451 has
    46053 hitpoints
    purple match damage is 596
    Crit is 4.2

Purple at 5: 10834 dmg removes 3 strike, protect, attack or countdown
    Red at 5: 15915 + 11400 (if enemy has 12AP+ in any given color). If it downs an enemy, then also destroy 7AP in a random color
    Black at 5: 14223 dmg. If ally is below 20%, drain 4 AP random, extra 9030. Passive is the same, ally stunned you stun random enemy

Her powers are expensive but quite strong, specially when the conditions are met. AI usually spends the AP quite fast so I don't know if Red condition will happen a lot.
  • Quebbster
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

BW at 451 has
    46053 hitpoints
    Crit is 4.2

Red at 5: 15915 + 11400 (if enemy has 12AP+ in any given color). If it downs an enemy, then also destroy 7AP in a random color
    Black at 5: 14223 dmg. If ally is below 20%, drain 4 AP random, extra 9030. Passive is the same, ally stunned you stun random enemy

Her powers are expensive but quite strong, specially when the conditions are met. AI usually spends the AP quite fast so I don't know if Red condition will happen a lot.
    I'll just go and post this in her discussion thread since Chtulhu hasn't posted the max stats yet. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    Of course not, you need to shield hop. But if you have multiple champed 4*, you should have absolutely no problems hitting 1.3k every PVP.

I still did not manage yet to build my time around the game enough to shield hop to the 1.3. My max was around 1,1k. I would be close today with Marvel as I have got to 1040 points with 10h to go. But even assuming I can do in 2 hops that would eat all my HP at the moment so I have skipped that option. At the same time people with 2-2-2 OML can get there pretty much without the shield. of course not withing 3 h till the end of event but I would not care for that. That why I need the 5* to work.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

BW at 451 has
    46053 hitpoints
    Crit is 4.2

Yeah, her damage numbers are pretty high. But those contingencies are pretty hard to reach. 12 ap for the ai? ally under 20% health? Those are uncommon situations. She is 5* drax, but without his solid 8ap red. If you can meet her conditions, she looks pretty good. But if you try to build a team with the intent of meeting those conditions, you are probably passing over many other, stronger team options.

And she doesn't self accelerate and he ap suppression is random and hard to achieve. I don't think most fights will last long enough for her to use these powers many times. after extensive thought experimentation, my review on her today is "meh. . ."
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    D3 you have a serious problem with trying to make 5* a proper 5*. Black Bolt is powerful as 5* should be, extreme with no regret.
    For Blackwidow, I don't mind high amount of AP at all but the Damage has to match it.
    You don't troll by giving ability to reduce Ap with those Cds tiles... How many times enemy will create cd tiles? Who? Loki? IM? DPX? PFFFT.
    Change this to "Reduce by number of opponent "Special tiles" will make her just Average 5*. But nope, CD only.
    My question is, are you trying to make Banner better by releasing a worse one?

It doesn't matter what D3 does.
    They could release a 5 star Bagman and dummies will still do multiple buy clubs.
    Great job rewardin D3.
    Dummies are addicted to buy clubs only to rely on hand holding and CC's.