MPQ At Marvel.com: 5-Star Black Widow!

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am so excited about the new 5*. It's just total amazeballs.... not. It means I will have even more trouble getting any sort of working 5* due to the sheer number of them in the classic packs. Without a working 5* I can't get to 1.3k to get 25 CP and pull 5*. Circle of life is brutal in this game. Oh well...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When this hits there will only be fivestars I don't have rostered in Latest Legends. It's been a while since I got a fivestar there.
    Guess I don't need to bother with the special tokens with a 10% chance to get her at least...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    the d3 intern threw darts again?
    black widow as a 5*, really? in the same tier with surfer?

there is a whole bunch of pet avengers, just saying...

at this point i wouldn't be surprised about a 5* Mickey mouse or Charlie Brown.
    I want a ddq LT match between sub zero and human torch.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Although I do really like Black Widow, somehow I don't see her to by strong enough hero to be represented at tier V.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Abilities blablabla existing char blablabla too soon for new 5* blablabla ... is Scarlett Johansson based design and i want icon_twisted.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Iron Man, Captain America, and now Black Widow are the movieverse characters, and not the 616 characters with movie inspired looks (like Scarlet Witch, I think). Why isn't Banner Mark Ruffalo? I suppose he will come as a 7-star when World War Hulk comes out.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    the d3 intern threw darts again?
    black widow as a 5*, really? in the same tier with surfer?
    Yes, they're throwing darts at an Avengers movie poster...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Marvel.com: Is it difficult designing new kits for existing characters and making them feel totally unique?

Josh Austin: With basically the Marvel Universe available for the creative team to choose from, there are lots of characters and variations that can be chosen. Even as we speak, we get word of new possibilities through all the different Marvel happenings that we could include on some of our favorite characters. So there is definitely no shortage of possibilities to choose from. With the various star differences, we can play with these variations a bit more, so for a 5 star variation we can showcase some more of the destructive abilities that allows us to push the character even further."

And yet we now have the fourth iteration of the character in the game...

At least I don't need to keep getting latest's to try for IM46 anymore.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I swear, if I see someone say one more time "X character doesn't fit in the 5 star tier," I will be really annoyed even more than I currently am. We already know tier has nothing to do with a characters comic book or movie strength levels. This has been said repeatedly. Stop saying the above. I will repeat again to hope it will get through to those that keep posting the same comment: TIER DOES NOT CORRESPOND TO COMIC OR MOVIE STRENGTH. So when we see a 5 star Spider-Ham in a year from now, don't complain about them being weak.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    roberts_2 wrote:
    Abilities blablabla existing char blablabla too soon for new 5* blablabla ... is Scarlett Johansson based design and i want icon_twisted.gif

The ingame art looks more like I dont know..heather graham maybe than Scarjo
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    I am so excited about the new 5*. It's just total amazeballs.... not. It means I will have even more trouble getting any sort of working 5* due to the sheer number of them in the classic packs. Without a working 5* I can't get to 1.3k to get 25 CP and pull 5*. Circle of life is brutal in this game. Oh well...

Who the hell needs working 5* to get 1.3k in pvp - 3* rosters are doing 2k every event
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    roberts_2 wrote:

The ingame art looks more like I dont know..heather graham maybe than Scarjo
    I'd say more like Gillian Anderson
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    I imagine there are like 5 to 10 players that are super excited about another 5* character. Everyone else...not so much. We get to look at a pretty picture.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    When will she be added to legendary tokens?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Okay I Champed Her already. Here's the vid for Info.

https://youtu.be/1dW1M4Q11Pc

Enjoy.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    With basically the Marvel Universe available for the creative team to choose from, there are lots of characters and variations that can be chosen. Even as we speak, we get word of new possibilities through all the different Marvel happenings that we could include on some of our favorite characters. So there is definitely no shortage of possibilities to choose from.

I read this as "We are told which characters to release by our Marvel overlords as part of the price we pay for being allowed to use the license. These releases are solely driven by what ever media is popular at the time, on this occasion is it the home release of the latest Captain America film. As part of licencing issues with some of our IP's don't expect any more mutants any time soon."
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Enjoy.

KDN: what am I missing about her? When I look over her stats she seems barely above trash tier (for a 5*).

3 Expensive powers, all with contingencies that may not be easy to get, and no real synergy between the powers. No aoe damage either. Passive is solid, but overall she seems meh at first glance.
  • KingDreadnaught
    Vhailorx wrote:

Enjoy.

KDN: what am I missing about her? When I look over her stats she seems barely above trash tier (for a 5*).

3 Expensive powers, all with contingencies that may not be easy to get, and no real synergy between the powers. No aoe damage either. Passive is solid, but overall she seems meh at first glance.

You gddmn right... I regret for my cps gone...
  • KingDreadnaught
    D3 you have a serious problem with trying to make 5* a proper 5*. Black Bolt is powerful as 5* should be, extreme with no regret.
    For Blackwidow, I don't mind high amount of AP at all but the Damage has to match it.
    You don't troll by giving ability to reduce Ap with those Cds tiles... How many times enemy will create cd tiles? Who? Loki? IM? DPX? PFFFT.
    Change this to "Reduce by number of opponent "Special tiles" will make her just Average 5*. But nope, CD only.
    My question is, are you trying to make Banner better by releasing a worse one?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    "Marvel.com: Is it difficult designing new kits for existing characters and making them feel totally unique?

Josh Austin: With basically the Marvel Universe available for the creative team to choose from, there are lots of characters and variations that can be chosen. Even as we speak, we get word of new possibilities through all the different Marvel happenings that we could include on some of our favorite characters. So there is definitely no shortage of possibilities to choose from. With the various star differences, we can play with these variations a bit more, so for a 5 star variation we can showcase some more of the destructive abilities that allows us to push the character even further."

And yet we now have the fourth iteration of the character in the game...

At least I don't need to keep getting latest's to try for IM46 anymore.
    After reading the article I came here to post exactly the same. If you have so many possibilities to choose from, why for the love of Stan Lee come with another version for a character we already have a 3 instances of icon_rolleyes.gif... Seriously, come up with a 5* Dr. Strange or Namor Already icon_mrgreen.gif
    D3 you have a serious problem with trying to make 5* a proper 5*. Black Bolt is powerful as 5* should be, extreme with no regret.
    For Blackwidow, I don't mind high amount of AP at all but the Damage has to match it.
    You don't troll by giving ability to reduce Ap with those Cds tiles... How many times enemy will create cd tiles? Who? Loki? IM? DPX? PFFFT.
    Change this to "Reduce by number of opponent "Special tiles" will make her just Average 5*. But nope, CD only.
    My question is, are you trying to make Banner better by releasing a worse one?
    It seems like they want to have at least one trash character for each tier icon_mrgreen.gif