The Legendary Hoard: A Journey Begins

124»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    after a very bad run over my last ~1K cp on classics, I've decided to go the latest hoard route. currently 1517 cp and 32 tokens (or 92 latest pulls). will save a minimum of 300 pulls. that will take 5ish months (??give or take some - no idea really - just a guess). will champ more 4s along the way, then assess the latest trio and go from there. currently at 19 champed 4s and will have a 20th this week. by the time I get to a spot I'm ready to pull, i'll have lots of 4s champed and will end up with lots of champ levels, which will hopefully lead to more cp and tokens along the way there.

I think the bb/nat/strange trio will be great. I would have preferred the im46/banner/bb trio, but that was way too soon for where I was. I pulled my latests and ended up with half baked banner and 5tark, which do me no good. good luck fight. since I'm starting down that road, I'm very interested in how it turns out.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The results are in!!!

I decided that the Strange/BB combo is too good to pass by so I started opening.....

In total I opened 161 Latest LTs and ended up with this....
    drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Plus lots of 4* champ levels
    Plus 73 sold 4* covers in total

16/161 or 9.9%

So that's bad. 15% would have been 8 each or 24 total. If RNG had swung the other way (just as likely) I'd be looking at 32 covers. Thinking about it like that really makes it feel like Howard just gave me the Quack Fu 1-2.

The worst part though is that I somehow managed only 2 BB covers. I didn't have any before so he is sitting at 1/0/1. After 161 tokens (plus however many I opened before I started hoarding) he is sitting at level 285. What a joke.

The good news is that I still have some time before BB leaves the Latest pool (not sure how much which is why I opened) to try and get him to a usable level. So I guess I'll just continue to open Latests as they come in and hopefully my luck will turn around.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to hear about your pull luck icon_e_sad.gif As I have said in another thread RNG sucks.

I also opened my LTs and CPs this week and my luck was even worse than yours ( 1 from 23 LTs, then 4 out of 28 LLs bought with CPs, for a total of 4 out of 51 or 7%, so really really disappointing). I opened way less tokens than you, so I was more exposed to Ms Luck.

I don't think you are going to have time to max BBolt (assuming a new release in a month/month and a half), but your Strange on the other hand looks like a given. Probably also your BWidow.

My BBolt is 8 covers right now and I also doubt I will be able to max him before he goes to classic. To make things even better, mine is 3/1/4 (I had to pull 4 covers for the useless power), so even pulling 2-3 covers more, it won't be usable until I champ him icon_e_sad.gif
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    So i also opened, 160 or so tokens and about 2k cp...maxed out natty with 9 tokens in q, a 352 strange with 3 purples in q that I'm hoping they will exchange, and a 435 bb. I stopped there because i need iso to champ them...hoping that happens soon and then I'll open more.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    So i also opened, 160 or so tokens and about 2k cp...maxed out natty with 9 tokens in q, a 352 strange with 3 purples in q that I'm hoping they will exchange, and a 435 bb. I stopped there because i need iso to champ them...hoping that happens soon and then I'll open more.

So... 160+80 tokens but how many covers? 13+9=22 for BW ? 10+3=13 for Strange and 12 for BBolt? Total 47?

That would be an amazing 19.5% !!!!

I really hate you right now icon_razz.gif

PS: Man, almost double BW than BBolt, again, this RNG is the stickiest I have ever seen....
    PS: They need to fix this, it is not fair at all that someone gets 10% and another one almost 20% when they open more than 100 tokens. Really, this needs to be fixed.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

So... 160+80 tokens but how many covers? 13+9=22 for BW ? 10+3=13 for Strange and 12 for BBolt? Total 47?

That would be an amazing 19.5% !!!!

I really hate you right now icon_razz.gif

PS: Man, almost double BW than BBolt, again, this RNG is the stickiest I have ever seen....
    PS: They need to fix this, it is not fair at all that someone gets 10% and another one almost 20% when they open more than 100 tokens. Really, this needs to be fixed.

I started out with 1 natty, 2 strange and 2 bb...so 42...still on the mark i think.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    So 6.5 weeks later after playing my **** off and joining over a dozen stark buy clubs I pulled the last yellow Bolt cover I needed to champ him last night. I didn't keep track of all my pulls but anecdotally my rate is still a tad low. I think I got exactly 1 5* from every stark buy I did, but I was using the HP on 40-packs and was really cycling through champ rewards. I'm starting to hit the 227/239/257 LTs in the 3* champ rewards and the CP is really flowing at this level as well - same for 4*s as I now have several over level 300. Ultimately I netted 25 additional 5* covers which is really nice, but still low considering I probably pulled over 200 LTs.

The key takeaway here I guess is that if you have a draw rate that is consistently 5% lower than advertised it requires A LOT of time and/or money to make up the difference. If you pull 200 LTs @ 10% you wind up 10 covers behind someone that gets the advertised 15%. To make up those 10 covers even at a 15% rate takes more than 11 stark buy clubs. RNG-based progressions blows.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Wow rng is really annoying. I guess the good news in all this is once you start pulling you usually have 2 to 6 months before those 5 stars gets bumped into classic tokens
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I have been saving all of my LTs and most of my CP since I started playing a bit under a year ago (aside from 1 classic I bought very early which led to me learning about scaling). I was going to save them until I had champed all of the 3-stars, but decided to spend them a bit sooner because I'm not too interested in Thanos as a 5* and wanted to do it before he bumped Black Bolt.

So I spent 66 LTs, 1000CP (as 40 LTs), 7 Purple Reign, and 1 banked Sanctum Sanctorum token today. All of the CP went to Latest Legends as I was more interested in maximizing the usefulness out of any 5* I pulled, and I had enough HP for 3 slots. Out of 114 total pulls I ended up with 20 5* covers and had to sell only 1 overflow 4* (Quake Green). The 5* payout was:

Black Bolt: greenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Black Widow: purpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    Dr. Strange: blueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png

5* pull rate: 17.54 %. None came from the Purple Reign or Sanctom Sanctorum tokens. 11 came from the 66 tokens (16.66%), and 9 came from the 40 bought with CP (22.5%), including 7 in the last 13 pulls.