The Legendary Hoard: A Journey Begins

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamdivine wrote:
    I've been hoarding for two seasons. I have 30 Lts and 1600 cp and approx 300 non standard tokens. Waiting till i have the rest of my 3's champed and 2's rechamped to open

Are you saying you get 800 command points per season?

I've toned down my pve (only really play new releases) and hit 1300 in most pvp and I barely manage to get 400 command points per season. 3 seasons and I'm just a little above 1200. The 6 seasons before that was 21xx.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Started hoarding last season as I have already championed 13 4* & not planning to max another one, unless i complete icon_peggycarter.png
    And 37/40 of the 3* also done.
    Current stash:
    18 token_legendary.png
    751 commandpointsbig.png
    102 token_heroic.png
    3 10-pack token_heroic.png and
    305 token_standard.png
    Will continue to do so and see my progress at season end. icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started hoarding legendaries/CP on 7/30, waiting for iso basically. Heroic/Standard/PvP/PvE tokens I've been hoarding for about 3 seasons.

Current stash:
    12 token_legendary.png
    629 commandpointsbig.png
    95 token_heroic.png
    6 10-pack token_heroic.png
    105 PvP tokens
    170 tacos
    86 PvE tokens
    408 token_standard.png

Not planning on cracking them until at least the next HP sale, so probably until anniversary. Figure I'm sitting on 4-5k XP right now.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I already struggle to hoard season tokens, now that each token grants me XP it will be even harder! Maybe a challenge for next season.....
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Sitting on 21 tokens and 1100cp. My 5s are sitting at a few covers so not really a priority. I'm going to wait until I have at least 350k iso before opening tokens, then stop if a top tier 4* can be champed. Save iso and repeat.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Figure15 wrote:
    Sitting on 21 tokens and 1100cp. My 5s are sitting at a few covers so not really a priority. I'm going to wait until I have at least 350k iso before opening tokens, then stop if a top tier 4* can be champed. Save iso and repeat.
    Nice. This is a great strategy for someone not yet concerned with the 5* transition and using LTs to help continue progress at the 4* tier.

Were you able to open any when you got your SHIELD Rank?
  • Fightmastermpq
    So I guess I'll open my Red Room tokens from CW?

This CW event seems more or less worthless to my cause. Maybe I'll just hoard them until I get BW to 5/2/5 or something awful and then have a shot at that 3rd cover before a 6th on expires.....so just keep them.....forever.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    So I guess I'll open my Red Room tokens from CW?

This CW event seems more or less worthless to my cause. Maybe I'll just hoard them until I get BW to 5/2/5 or something awful and then have a shot at that 3rd cover before a 6th on expires.....so just keep them.....forever.

I caved and cracked my 12 LTs last night because I'd rather draw at IM46 with BB/Hulk than Natasha. Of course I got no IM anyway.
  • GrumpySmurf1002

The guys that hoard everything .... I wonder how many screens there are total ... 1 for every pvp, all those event vaults ... yikes.

I have something like 32-35 PvP screens to get through to go from active pvp screen to the vaults, of which there's around 10 I think.

I can shortcut it by going into DDQ first, then going to recruit, which brings directly to the vaults, but yeah, it's a pain in the **** otherwise.
  • Fightmastermpq
    As Season XXXI comes to a close I figured I would give a quick update.

Season XXXI brought us SHIELD Ranks and Clearance Levels (kinda). I'm now rank 68 (just hit it today) and with my massive influx of ISO I finished champing all my 3*s and 2*s, as well as Howard the Duck because.....why not? We have yet to see CL7 preview for a PvP event, and for PvE it seems to be a slight improvement over what we have currently, but really doesn't change my strategy at all. They also snuck in a Civil War event which brought a new Latest 5* and some Red Room tokens. I still have 5 Red Room tokens hoarded with no real reason or incentive to open them. The jury is still out on the 5* version of Black Widow, but my initial impression is that I will likely be waiting until she leaves the Latest pool before I open my hoard. icon_neutral.gif

So I managed to gather 13 LTs, 4 more than I was thinking. I think 3 came from champing, and the 4th from one of the Vaults that we had. I also managed to save up 681 CP a whopping 160 CP more than I had estimated. The bulk of this is from my alliance which is filled with some very generous players of which I am very thankful. But also having all the 2s and 3s champed really turns up the CP earning from champ rewards. Seems like every day I'm getting a trickle of a few CP here and there. At this rate I'll be ready to open my stash in 7 or 8 seasons, a little sooner than I was thinking. Really though it will depend on the 5*s available.

Also worth noting is my failure to hit max progression in the Hood event - the first time in several seasons. My alliance likes to hop around to the different slices and a day into the event about half of us had yet to join when we decided to go to S2 for this event. I had heard about the wasteland that is S2 but thought maybe it was exaggerated. It's not. Don't go there, there are no points. Of the 10 of us that went, 7 of us took T10 in the same bracket with about 1000 points. I never used a shield and was knocked out of T10 in the last minute myself. So if we do go back to S2 we are going to have to do things a little differently to make sure we all hit max progression.

Season XXXII goals:
    I'm going to try hoarding all of my heroic and non-vault event tokens in an effort to reduce the number of 4* covers I have to sell. By the end of this I need to have something like 1.6 million ISO saved up, but in the meantime there is no sense in selling off 4* covers that could be used to earn champion rewards. I don't really have great criteria for which 4*s get champed, and which don't - it's mostly driven by RNG on covers I have available. Venom was first because I think his yellow teamup is worth giving out when he is boosted. I think Ghost Rider might be next as he can be useful in boss battles, but I'm going to wait until rebalancing plans are announced tomorrow. I have 350,000 ISO still and Star Lord, Flaptain, and GR covers to expire within the week.

TL;DR:
    13 LTs, 681 CP in Season XXXI
    My alliance-mates are awesome
    Never go to S2
    Going to try to hoard even more tokens for Season XXXII
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    It is tinny-kitty GREAT!
    NO... Great!
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I am joining in--35 legendary, 5 red room, 2054 CP. What's the magic number you were saying we need to get to before thinking of opening?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I am personally well behind you (13 LT, 2 red room, 370ish CP), but I don't have a magic number per se.

my goal is to cut down on my ISO needs before I begin opening. I just want to level up my current 4* characters before I open. then once I do start, I will prioritize whichever character I pull.

I'm right at 1,000,000 ISO needed. IW represents almost 40% of that number, so i'm getting close. I don't really need to be at 0 ISO needed, with all characters level maxed, but just some manageable number where I can more easily prioritize who to level, rather than OMG ALL MY CHARS NEEDZ THE ISOZ. it doesn't really help to be in that situation and continue to pull covers and exacerbate the issue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    I am joining in--35 legendary, 5 red room, 2054 CP. What's the magic number you were saying we need to get to before thinking of opening?
    Let me help... if you want a 50/50 chance of covering any 5* from scratch, you'd need to spend 5,400 on latests, or 8,740 on classics.

If you want a 50/50 chance of covering three 5*s from scratch, you'd need to spend 9,000 on latests, or 11,860 on classics.

If you want a better than 50/50 chance, let me know your threshold and I can let you know.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    Let me help... if you want a 50/50 chance of covering any 5* from scratch, you'd need to spend 5,400 on latests, or 8,740 on classics.

If you want a 50/50 chance of covering three 5*s from scratch, you'd need to spend 9,000 on latests, or 11,860 on classics.

If you want a better than 50/50 chance, let me know your threshold and I can let you know.

So 9k it is...lol...will this game be around when I get there?
  • Fightmastermpq
    edited September 2016
    simonsez wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

This is certainly more accurate than what I said in OP as I didn't consider the possibility of earning useless covers. At a straight 5% per character you need 260 pulls for 13 covers or 6500 CP, or some combination of LTs and CP to get you to 260. To be "safe" I was thinking I would try to get closer to 300 pulls, but quite honestly that's not all that safe (as you can see from simon's math.)

Realistically I'm going to try to wait until there are 3 good 5*s in the latest pool - which based on the recent characters means I'll probably be waiting until long after I have enough for 300 pulls.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically I'm going to try to wait until there are 3 good 5*s in the latest pool - which based on the recent characters means I'll probably be waiting until long after I have enough for 300 pulls.
    Heck yeah. Once you hit 10k, I might settle for a lineup of one great one, one pretty good one, and one piece of garbage. Their recent track record isn't great when it comes to releasing three good 5*'s in a row...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Time to update mine. It's been 23 days. Since then I used 34 standards (boredom), 26 Heroics (needed Moonstone for DPvsMPQ), 12LTs (hunting IM before Natasha). Red is current

Current stash:
    12 7 token_legendary.png
    629 1118 commandpointsbig.png
    95 100 token_heroic.png
    6 7 10-pack token_heroic.png
    105 133 PvP tokens
    170 216 tacos
    86 110 PvE tokens
    408 460 token_standard.png
    12 Elite
    [/quote]
  • Fightmastermpq
    Season XXXII Update:

Everything going according to plan. Pulled in 7 more LTs and about 500 more CP between off season and end of XXXII. Made a run at the top spot in T@T but gave up on the last sub due to real life. Took 13th which was actually perfect because I was going to have to sell the Star Lord covers. I also had more 450+ 5*s than the rest of my T10 combined, so I maintain my belief that 5* rosters are handicapped in the current PvE scaling, but whatever, I can still T10 when I have the time.

So this was the first season without cupcakes which is worth mentioning. When I was a 4* transitioner/player I was a well known S5 baker. I took pride in baking on every hop regardless of how many snipers were specifically targeting me, and always putting up a juicy cake. I was hitting max progression with just FistBuster for a full season. Since entering the 5* tier my baking as dropped off substantially mainly just because I haven't needed to use shields to hit max progression. I would still typically try to bake just before my first (and often last) shield, but didn't always get a cake out every event. Most of my climbs were off A-teams, but I still noticed a benefit in how many high point 3* and 4* teams were out there thanks to cakes. I can still hit max progression without a shield, and for all but the event with Cage rewards, that was good for T5. So the end of cakes hasn't really changed my level of effort too much, and increased my placement. Overall I think the change is negative, even though I have been positively impacted.

I managed to save up 30 heroics and my 10-pack from this season, and have 10 savory tokens and soon to be 11 sweet tokens thanks to taco day. I champed Ghost Rider and Venom recently, and currently have about 260k ISO with 3 Miles covers and 4 Chulk covers in queue. Will likely champ Chulk since he seems to be the more viable of the two.

I'm also now 8 days from my Day 730 SS cover, so that will be.....mostly pretty anti-climactic, but still a notable milestone.
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Great Thread.

I am at 85 token_legendary.png ....and I intend to not open any them or future ones until I max out all of my characters.