MMR: Where are the players who look like ME?

13»

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    dsds wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    It's almost as if the game delays the hits until you hit a certain point target to entice you to play and to use shields.

At certain levels (points/rank) you do become visible to a larger audience, thereby increasing your odds of getting hit. So it isnt delaying the hits, its just that they came in once you crossed whatever threshold was necessary to be seen.

dsds wrote:
    Really they should just make shield targets visible.

Just a wee bit exploitable......
    Isn't that the same as what I said? Why are you summarizing what I said with different words. I never said delay points loss. Just the hits or attacks or whatever you call it.

Also I just said that shield targets can have a flat point rate or a reduced rate. What would be the difference between hitting someone shielded at 37 pts compared with someone who isn't shielded at 37 pts? The only difference is that there would be a wider range of players to fight against with maybe more manageable rosters and it would put more points in the bracket. The cupcake guys are already trying to put more points in the brackets and it hasn't broken their system yet.

I did not just restate what you said. I corrected some, and added more information. Let me try again: At certain point AND RANK thresholds you become more visible, therefore more likely to be hit. There is no delay at all for point loss, hits or attacks.

As for the second piece, the MPQ community is *VERY* good at exploiting game mechanics (gamers in general are) and this would be no exception. The system IS broken, if event top progression is 1,300 points and people regularly score 5k. And for season, top progression is 10k, but people score in excess of 30k. Add in that the people placing typically do not need/want the placement rewards......yeah, definitely broken. Also, what you describe WAS tried. There was a short time period right after shields were introduced when you could see people who were shielded....it was short lived as it was quite the wild, wild west. Its possible Im off base, but I think we can infer from them putting an end to that mechanic that the devs thought it broke the game. Maybe its time to revisit that though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I see a shielded player running 460+ 5*s worth 37, and a 4* player worth 10 points, I'll just triple the 4* guy because that is certain to not cost me any health packs.

That's purely hypothetical, I haven't seen a team without a champed 5* in a very long time.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    MarvelMan wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    It's almost as if the game delays the hits until you hit a certain point target to entice you to play and to use shields.

At certain levels (points/rank) you do become visible to a larger audience, thereby increasing your odds of getting hit. So it isnt delaying the hits, its just that they came in once you crossed whatever threshold was necessary to be seen.

dsds wrote:
    Really they should just make shield targets visible.

Just a wee bit exploitable......
    Isn't that the same as what I said? Why are you summarizing what I said with different words. I never said delay points loss. Just the hits or attacks or whatever you call it.

Also I just said that shield targets can have a flat point rate or a reduced rate. What would be the difference between hitting someone shielded at 37 pts compared with someone who isn't shielded at 37 pts? The only difference is that there would be a wider range of players to fight against with maybe more manageable rosters and it would put more points in the bracket. The cupcake guys are already trying to put more points in the brackets and it hasn't broken their system yet.

I did not just restate what you said. I corrected some, and added more information. Let me try again: At certain point AND RANK thresholds you become more visible, therefore more likely to be hit. There is no delay at all for point loss, hits or attacks.

As for the second piece, the MPQ community is *VERY* good at exploiting game mechanics (gamers in general are) and this would be no exception. The system IS broken, if event top progression is 1,300 points and people regularly score 5k. And for season, top progression is 10k, but people score in excess of 30k. Add in that the people placing typically do not need/want the placement rewards......yeah, definitely broken. Also, what you describe WAS tried. There was a short time period right after shields were introduced when you could see people who were shielded....it was short lived as it was quite the wild, wild west. Its possible Im off base, but I think we can infer from them putting an end to that mechanic that the devs thought it broke the game. Maybe its time to revisit that though.
    Let me correct your reading comprehension, I have never said that the points loss was delayed. I said the hits were delayed. As in the attacks/matches started only after a certain points threshold.

They have tried it in the past but not the same thing as I stated. Visible but with reduced points. I would agree that it would be the wild west if the attacker got full points from a shielded opponent. But if they got only a fraction, that is much more acceptable. Can you imagine someone who is worth 75 pts to all attackers for the entire 3 hour to 8 hour shield period. That would be a crazy gain for all the attackers. But 30-40 pts, that is more reasonable. After reading your comments, I would say standard 50% reduction of points gained for attacking shielded players is very reasonable as you don't have to worry about retaliations so there isn't the need to hit only targets worth 40 pts or more due to retaliations. Also I would assume that matches would be easier because there are quite a few shielded players that would have weaker or equal rosters to you.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    dsds wrote:
    Let me correct your reading comprehension, I have never said that the points loss was delayed. I said the hits were delayed.
    Let me return the favor:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    There is no delay at all for point loss, hits or attacks.

dsds wrote:
    As in the attacks/matches started only after a certain points threshold.
    This is not the same as anything being delayed, and is missing the aspect where you appear to become more visible at RANK thresholds as well.
    Which is why I was making sure to say: You receive more hits once you cross certain rank/point thresholds and become visible to a wider swath of the playerbase, both up and down.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    dsds wrote:
    As in the attacks/matches started only after a certain points threshold.
    This is not the same as anything being delayed, and is missing the aspect where you appear to become more visible at RANK thresholds as well.
    Which is why I was making sure to say: You receive more hits once you cross certain rank/point thresholds and become visible to a wider swath of the playerbase, both up and down.[/quote]
    Didn't know rank counted. That is something new that you added. I thought it was purely from pts. I was at top 10 at around 750pts.