Have you honestly left nothing to do?!

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    spectator wrote:
    Back in my day, we had breaks between every pve. People complained when the devs decided to change that...

Change is scary! :p
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Okay, I'm going to be buying Pokemon Sun/Moon this year. It is going to cost me less than I spent on MPQ (to be depressingly honest, you could chuck a new console on top for the money I've spent over near a year). THAT game will not arbitrarily be unplayable on a day I wanted the distraction without warning.

Do you not understand my point of view here?

Except that it might be unplayable. Occasionally Playstation Network and/or Steam and/or Xbox have outages. There have been times when I couldn't get in a game of Madden when I wanted to or perhaps sink some ships in Black Flag or maybe even do something in Civ 5. When that happens rather than sulk and/or complain I usually just find something else to entertain me. Books are pretty rad in a pinch, or have a couple buddies over for beer and board games. Go do a mock draft for fantasy football, play some of the Fallout 4 DLC, etc.

Play some Nefarious Foes if you absolutely have to get your MPQ fix. There is a tiny break in Story Mode. Not that big of a deal.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect this wasn't a mistake but something they needed to do to make sure the upcoming anniversary events line up correctly
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Play a different game!

But then, that's what I do every time my health packs run out. I guess the Devs don't really care if I play a different game, get addicted to it, decide to put my money there.....

Actually, I've done that during my break from MPQ over the summer. Definitely helped me reduce my spending on MPQ now. icon_twisted.gif
  • puppychow
    revskip wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    Okay, I'm going to be buying Pokemon Sun/Moon this year. It is going to cost me less than I spent on MPQ (to be depressingly honest, you could chuck a new console on top for the money I've spent over near a year). THAT game will not arbitrarily be unplayable on a day I wanted the distraction without warning.

Do you not understand my point of view here?

Except that it might be unplayable. Occasionally Playstation Network and/or Steam and/or Xbox have outages. There have been times when I couldn't get in a game of Madden when I wanted to or perhaps sink some ships in Black Flag or maybe even do something in Civ 5. When that happens rather than sulk and/or complain I usually just find something else to entertain me. Books are pretty rad in a pinch, or have a couple buddies over for beer and board games. Go do a mock draft for fantasy football, play some of the Fallout 4 DLC, etc.

Play some Nefarious Foes if you absolutely have to get your MPQ fix. There is a tiny break in Story Mode. Not that big of a deal.

For the record, I just picked up a copy of Puzzles & Dragons Z from my local Game Stop this week. Since my home wifi has been lousy lately, I figured I might as well pick up a game to tide me over when I can't get online. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    I'm about 10k away from championing Beast, and have a cover expiring in the queue with no way to level him up. WTG, devs.

Let's be honest. You'll be using Beast anytime soon? icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't help but think of the after creidits scene in Ferris buellers day off here...

Where Ferris asks why you're still sat in your seat, the movie is over, go home and enjoy your life.
  • OK. I haven't been playing this game long, so probably not as invested as some of you seem to be.

Take a break. Go outside, spend time with your family etc

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    If you're upset about the incredibly small break on a free to play mobile game, I think you have a problem.

Well the problem is that devs also created a mechanic where game covers expire if you don't get insane amount of iso in 13 days to champ those chars. I am all out for breaks, IF expiring covers would also have a day break.
    spectator wrote:
    Back in my day, we had breaks between every pve. People complained when the devs decided to change that...

This was before they implemented champions, which makes a big difference. I like to have breaks in the game, but then everything should stop, not just the iso icon_razz.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    An off season PVP.

That's it?
    They clearly want us to take a vacation. Why else give us a PvP where the only sensible team (carnage/rhulk) is pretty much guaranteed to burn through all your health packs in 10 minutes?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first I thought this was a joke topic... but the more I read the more I realized people were being serious.

We just had Season end... Climb/shield in PVP, Climb/shield in Shield Simulator, Final Grind in Simulator to try and get Howard Cover, try to figure out how to get the alliances organized so the people that want BOTH T100 season and T100 Howard Alliance reward can all get what they want.

Sitting here at midnight, with no health packs and some pretty roughed up roster... I'm thinking to myself...

"Man, and I have to start the next event now and clear as much as I can with no health packs so I don't miss out on points... what? PVE starts tomorrow? "YAY! I can go to sleep and let my health packs refresh!"

It was such a relief! I loved when PVE had a 24 hour wait before the next one starts. Especially with the new PVE setup, Front and end loaded with nothing in the middle, that break between would be super nice to have again.

3 things ending all at once, and NOT having something immediately start up that will hog 1.5 hours of life is not a bad thing.

It reminded me how much I missed the break between PVE events.

It's only a beast. You can still champ him. You just miss out on that one cover. He'll show up again, I guarantee it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    You still have ddq! Enjoy the break, kids. I don't think this has ever happened before. It's great.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    If D3 is going to give us a day without PVE (and no meaningful PVP), the least they could do is work with my employer to make sure the teleconferences I usually do my clears during are also cancelled. Very inconsiderate.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Use the break to go see a professional about your unhealthy addiction/obession. Oh wait, there maybe no one to see on a sunday. The break should have been on a weekday so that there are professionals for people to see.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    puppychow wrote:
    I'm about 10k away from championing Beast, and have a cover expiring in the queue with no way to level him up. WTG, devs.

Let's be honest. You'll be using Beast anytime soon? icon_lol.gif

Champed Beast gives Teen Jean covers. He's worth it for that alone.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of the reasons I think Demiurge should re-open the Prologue. Hopefully with the new tiered play coming they might actually do it. I enjoyed going in and just playing around, trying new team combos or even just using it as an excuse to use the characters I rarely get use.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    why are people so entitled now-a-days?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, the only issue I had is that unlike VIP, the Daily Resupply doesn't tell you what time it drops.

So if you have a day where there's effectively nothing to do, you have to time what little content there is - DDQ, say - just right in order to make sure you get credit for having played (since the Daily Resupply is based on winning a fight, not merely playing, and the prologue is locked once cleared now).
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    DFiPL wrote:
    Honestly, the only issue I had is that unlike VIP, the Daily Resupply doesn't tell you what time it drops.

So if you have a day where there's effectively nothing to do, you have to time what little content there is - DDQ, say - just right in order to make sure you get credit for having played (since the Daily Resupply is based on winning a fight, not merely playing, and the prologue is locked once cleared now).
    It's 12:30 Eastern US time for the Daily Resupply
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    12:30 am? I don't know how accurate that is. My mobile account gets its resupply about that time every day, but on Steam, it's around 1:30 pm central every day. And because I'm usually in the slice ending 10/11 pm in PVE, I'm often still playing at 12:30 am eastern.

Steam doesn't get drops then for me.

I think it's based on what time of day you established the account initially.