Have you honestly left nothing to do?!

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
An off season PVP.

That's it?

Can we all have a 24hr extention on our stored covers then, since we can't do anything to earn the assorted resources the player base needs?

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have something to do.

Go out and enjoy one of the last weekends in the (Northern Hemisphere) summer!

If I didn't do that, I'd still have something to do.

Play a different game!

But then, that's what I do every time my health packs run out. I guess the Devs don't really care if I play a different game, get addicted to it, decide to put my money there.....
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    I'm not usually someone who calls for compensation for minor oversights, but turning off an entire gameplay mode for a day with no notice is a bit more than a minor oversight.

Everything we would have gotten for 4 clears would probably be a bit much, but there should be some level of compensation.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starsaber wrote:
    I'm not usually someone who calls for compensation for minor oversights, but turning off an entire gameplay mode for a day with no notice is a bit more than a minor oversight.

Everything we would have gotten for 4 clears would probably be a bit much, but there should be some level of compensation.
    I'd accept a Webbed Wonder token and some ISO. One more chance to get a Howard cover seems like adequate compensation.
  • The Herald
    Quebbster wrote:
    Starsaber wrote:

I'd accept a Webbed Wonder token and some ISO. One more chance to get a Howard cover seems like adequate compensation.

That's not too unreasonable, SOMETHING to help out since the game is set up to push us into maintaining daily momentum.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    silly forum users, the devs, admins and CS are off on the weekends. see you monday!
  • Quebbster
    fmftint wrote:
    silly forum users, the devs, admins and CS are off on the weekends. see you monday!
    Yeah, I wish this had been pointed out while they were in office. Damage control is still possible though.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I have something to do.

Go out and enjoy one of the last weekends in the (Northern Hemisphere) summer!

You must not live in the southeastern US. You don't "enjoy" summer, you endure it.
  • The Herald
    All the players should take a break tomorrow, see how the devs react :p
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Starsaber wrote:

A bunch of iso and a blue Howard cover (T10 reward this time round so less likely to be maxed) seems like a suitable level of compensation. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I'm about 10k away from championing Beast, and have a cover expiring in the queue with no way to level him up. WTG, devs.
  • The Herald
    I'm about 10k away from championing Beast, and have a cover expiring in the queue with no way to level him up. WTG, devs.

This REALLY sucks.

Wait for them to admit to the mistake, then open a ticket explaining the problem and requesting a replacement cover.
  • Quebbster
    OJSP wrote:
    Beat a team in SHIELD Simulator with IM40, Steve Rogers, KK and wait for the attacks.
    Retaliate and beat the last team with them again. Rinse and repeat. You'd get your 10k in less than 2 days.
    Unfortunately the SHIELD Simulator closes down tomorrow...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of entitlement in this thread. "I demand extra stuff since you gave us a break."
  • The Herald
    revskip wrote:
    A lot of entitlement in this thread. "I demand extra stuff since you gave us a break."

"Given us a break."

"Unplugged the game we were expecting to play without warning".

"Tom-ay-toes."

"Tom-ah-toes".

I AM extra grouchy today though. Sat at home and about to get some painkillers in me now, so I will likely chill out :p
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    If you're upset about the incredibly small break on a free to play mobile game, I think you have a problem.
  • The Herald
    wirius wrote:
    If you're upset about the incredibly small break on a free to play mobile game, I think you have a problem.

If it's free, why does it cost me money?

I'm no whale, but I've got my VIP and I'll drop a Logan's Loonies every month or two to help with my roster.

Does the arguement therefore go "don't bother spending money, it will **** out at random anyway"?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    The Herald wrote:
    wirius wrote:

I'm no whale, but I've got my VIP and I'll drop a Logan's Loonies every month or two to help with my roster.

Does the arguement therefore go "don't bother spending money, it will **** out at random anyway"?

You choose to spend money. Its not a cost to play. And again, its an incredibly small break. Imagine if you told a child, "No dessert today, we ran out," and they cried up a storm about it. Would you say the child had a problem? Absolutely. Might want to reassess your incredible over-reaction to an incredibly minor incident.
  • The Herald
    wirius wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    wirius wrote:

You choose to spend money. Its not a cost to play. And again, its an incredibly small break. Imagine if you told a child, "No dessert today, we ran out," and they cried up a storm about it. Would you say the child had a problem? Absolutely. Might want to reassess your incredible over-reaction to an incredibly minor incident.

If I paid for a desert, then they told me there was none, I would at the very least expect my money back for that desert.

I don't think you understand what my problem is. I DO pay for this game. I'm having a bad day, and wanted to play my game. I am unable to play my game today for reasons beyond my control.

Okay, I'm going to be buying Pokemon Sun/Moon this year. It is going to cost me less than I spent on MPQ (to be depressingly honest, you could chuck a new console on top for the money I've spent over near a year). THAT game will not arbitrarily be unplayable on a day I wanted the distraction without warning.

Do you not understand my point of view here?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Back in my day, we had breaks between every pve. People complained when the devs decided to change that...