Introducing VIP Streak Bonus! *Updated

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping for a streak breaker on bad LT pulls. Oh well.

I don't think I have the patience to earn $20 in Google surveys, just to give my teammates an extra 1 cp. But if they do it for me, then cool!!!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just renewed on iOS, no CP.

Seriously, how hard can this be.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it was one extra CP for every VIP renewal, that would be something! (so first month 1CP, second month 2CPs, ... 10th month 10CPs, etc) But just 1 CP is not that much, and you need to sign just after your previous VIP expires.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who had no plans to stop using VIP and is in a young alliance with 25% - 50% of players participating in VIP this is great. An extra 5 - 10 CP per month with no extra cost then what we were already doing will be a big bump and maybe encourage more of our alliance to try VIP.

Thanks!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I let mine lapse. Not going to do it again until more iso is added.

Yep. 1 CP is worthless. If it was one CP/day, then absolutely. But 1/20th of a token with (given my 5* draw rate) being a 99% chance of being a 4* isn't nearly enough to compensate for how unhelpful the VIP rewards are. They're only a good deal when compared to the overpriced costs of ISO/HP in the store.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I just renewed on iOS, no CP.

Seriously, how hard can this be.

Same here. Didn't see any from alliance members either.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    If it was one extra CP for every VIP renewal, that would be something! (so first month 1CP, second month 2CPs, ... 10th month 10CPs, etc) But just 1 CP is not that much, and you need to sign just after your previous VIP expires.

One of the better proposals I've read for this. Would be good for the players and would be great for the devs if they want to encourage strong retention. Sure, maybe I'll pass on 1 or 2 CP per month, but once I'm pulling in 10+, you've got me hooked. Only problem could be we'd have VIP Alliances kinda like we have Buyers Clubs, but I trust the players are smart enough to figure that out.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why call it a STREAK, if it's NOT REALLY a..........

*sigh
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Update:
    If you claimed your last reward before you upgraded to the new release, you and your Alliance will get your Command Point in the next few days.

Or, to put it another way, if you re-upped for VIP just before R107 went live and your Alliance did not receive the CP - they should receive it within the next few days. If your Alliance hasn't received their CP by the end of the week please open a ticket with Support. (http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support)

Thank you.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update:
    If you claimed your last reward before you upgraded to the new release, you and your Alliance will get your Command Point in the next few days.

Or, to put it another way, if you re-upped for VIP just before R107 went live and your Alliance did not receive the CP - they should receive it within the next few days. If your Alliance hasn't received their CP by the end of the week please open a ticket with Support. (http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support)

Thank you.

OK, it was the order I did things in then. I got the last day's reward in the morning yesterday, updated to R107 in the afternoon, and re-upped this morning. Thanks for the update.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Update:

Thank you.

I tried to renew the VIP after updating to R107. It accepted payment but does not appear to activated VIP again. No token and when I click on it, the VIP page tells me to renew still. Is that normal?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    deadtaco wrote:
    I tried to renew the VIP after updating to R107. It accepted payment but does not appear to activated VIP again. No token and when I click on it, the VIP page tells me to renew still. Is that normal?

If your payment went through and you still don't seem to be signed up for VIP you should probably open a ticket with Support:
    http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    We're seeing some tickets coming in so I'd like to clarify:

You and your Alliance only receive the "Streak" CP if you renew within 24 hours of your last VIP status ending.

Thanks.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Why not make it 1cp for every VIP subscription. Wouldn't that be easier on everyone. Not so many tickets to process on the developer's side. People who haven't tried VIP may try it. And there's no time limit on when to renew relieving some stress of people forgetting to renew. The spenders will renew on time even if it's 1cp. It is a better deal cp wise than the stark salary anyway.

I mean what is the difference between a person who plays consecutive days for the entire VIP period, and then waits 5 days after the VIP subscription has ended to renew, compared with the guy who doesn't play consecutive days during his/her vip subscription (missing a total of 5 days which is paused during those days when he is still within the vip subscription period) but renews immediately once his/her subscription ends. Wouldn't the latter get the cp and the former not?

(correct me if I am wrong, but I assumed that if you stopped playing for a day the VIP rewards pause and continue the next day you play and you don't lose that day's reward?)
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    That would give you a "1CP" also on FIRST buy! icon_eek.gif

Do you think it is charity or what icon_question.gificon_exclaim.gif

/joking icon_mrgreen.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We're seeing some tickets coming in so I'd like to clarify:

You and your Alliance only receive the "Streak" CP if you renew within 24 hours of your last VIP status ending.

Thanks.

I look forward to another thing to plan "life" around. Would hate to be somewhere like an exotic island with zero cell service when VIP ends.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    deadtaco wrote:

If your payment went through and you still don't seem to be signed up for VIP you should probably open a ticket with Support:
    http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

I had opened one hours before and other than an automated response asking for info I had already provided, nothing has happened.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, err...re-buy of the VIP program not as good as you expected, huh?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore wrote:
    We're seeing some tickets coming in so I'd like to clarify:

Thanks.

I think that's pretty lame, I wasn't able to renew mine yesterday but I renewed it today and I and my alliance didn't get the cp. May have missed the 24 hours by a matter of minutes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did mine as soon as the option was there and alliance got no notification.