Introducing VIP Streak Bonus! *Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, folks.

A quick note: Starting today, we are introducing VIP Streak Bonus!

After your VIP Status has expired, you will have 24 hours to renew again. If you do, you and your entire Alliance will receive 1 Command Point.

Thanks!

*Update:
If you claimed your last reward before you upgraded to the new release, you and your Alliance will get your Command Point in the next few days.

Comments

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Very nice. Thank you for this reward. It really encourages players to be loyal.

When will this start? Because I just renewed today and my wife yesterday, would be nice if the alliance got those points.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    I leave my iap choices up to rng. Current odds of making a purchase: 2%*

*odds of making a purchase were recently increased 50%!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened this thinking the streak bonus would be that your VIP rewards would get better each time.

Moving on....
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just imagining David saw Aesthetocyst's post and said "Oh tinykitty! I was supposed to announce that this morning!" and then got right to it. It's rather amusing. Anyway, cool feature I suppose. Thanks for adding it.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I've opened a support ticket, but I'd like to note here that the system doesn't seem to be live yet. I don't know if it's coming with the patch train later, but the in-game ad and this post says "beginning today." It's today, and renewal didn't get a CP for my alliance.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... st-15-2016
    If you renew your VIP status before you upgrade to the new release, you and your Alliance will get your Command Point in the next few days.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    jojeda654 wrote:
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-08-15-2016&f=introducing-vip-streak-bonus-august-15-2016
    If you renew your VIP status before you upgrade to the new release, you and your Alliance will get your Command Point in the next few days.

Thank you, reading is hard icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    I opened this thinking the streak bonus would be that your VIP rewards would get better each time.

Moving on....

But... 1 CP!!!!!!!!!!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Moving on....

Yup. I guess enough people are not buying in. Let's give it some more time and maybe they'll up the ante on the "loyalty" rewards. Right now, the "loyalty" aspect only helps your alliance. Group think: All alliance member get VIP and we can all get an extra 20CP every month!!1!!1!

feh.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45751&start=140#p533084
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for not pushing this too far.
    1 CP seems reasonable. It's probably not enough to tear apart alliances.

If this was 5CP then people would no doubt form VIP alliances to rake in 20x 5CP renewal rewards.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like VIP didn't sell as well as expected, especially among the top alliances.

This is an improvement, but definitely does not solve thebubderlying problems with VIP. The system still offers a poor resource mix for almost every phase of the game. Too many high level rewards for new okayers, not nearly enough iso or cp for vets.

But thanks for continuing to work on the idea demi. And thanks for the communication. I think a better solution would be to offer multiple different VIP packages, letting players target their resource needs. These packages could even be gated to the newly announced shield levels.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    +1 CP! Oh joy! Now I can be 1/20th of the way closer to another 4* cover I might be able to put on a character that I won't level for years due to the slow slow slow pace of ISO! Thanks!

Let me know when you do something that actually solves problems. Still not getting my money!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I saw the VIP Streak Bonus announcement I assumed it meant they implemented a streak breaker on drawing 5* from LT's if you were a VIP.

Now that would have been something to be excited about.

Still 1 CP is better than nothing and is a step in the right direction for VIP. A few more steps of things players really want and they'll sell tons of VIP subscriptions.

KGB
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe it's just the point I'm at in the game, but while the VIP rewards haven't shaken my world they've been a comfortable boost to my daily log in.

This is probably going to get me renewing faster, so mission accomplished devs :p
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I let mine lapse. Not going to do it again until more iso is added.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    If you were purely buying for the CP. Then the VIP streak bonus is the best deal. For 13.99 you can potentially get 20cp if you are in a buy club with all alliance members buying it.

Where as if you bought the stark salary ($119.99) hero coins, you would get 140 cp from a buy club.

The amount of cp earned per dollar:
    VIP streak - 1.430cp/dollar. (Also VIP gives an extra 9cp over the course of the month and a legendary tokens worth 25cp. This was not calculated in the amount cp earned per dollar)
    Stark Salary - 1.1667cp/dollar

But the VIP streak can only be used roughly once a month whereas the stark salary is as much as you want. Also the hp earned from the VIP streak equivalent dollar value (so it would be about 10-11 vip streaks to equal dollar value of stark salary) is a little over a third of what a stark salary gets you.

So how much do you value cp compared to hp?

Edit: Here's my calculations so you can check my work if you want to.
    VIP streak = 20cp/13.99 = 1.430cp
    Stark Salary = 140cp/119.99 = 1.1667cp

Updated VIP streak with the cp rewards and legend token reward.
    VIP streak = 20+9+25= 54cp total per vip subscription 54CP/13.99 = 3.86cp/dollar

All this is assuming you are in an alliance where everyone is doing the same.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    One whole shiny Command Point!

Don't spend it all at once, kids!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    [reads thread details]

[sheepishly puts clothes back on]

[apologizes to HR]
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    One whole shiny Command Point!

Don't spend it all at once, kids!

Or 20 every four weeks, depending on your alliance :p
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about people that had problems with VIP and were compensated by getting all their rewards at once? I bought VIP twice, got the rewards in 2 bundles. I don't have the option to renew, but I am more likely to sign up for the Streak Bonus. I have technically paid twice and most people who are renewing are about to pay the 3rd time, which is where I'd be, if it didn't bug out on me