Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank & Clearance Levels!

Options
12346»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We have been dying to let players know, and this release we are closer to getting it out, so the timing is right to preview this new feature. I've been biting my tongue for too long now.

Can you say when late fall is to Demiurge?

Sometime around March.

#ValveTime

Mad salad quoted 3 different quotes.
    ValveTime has 9 character, 9 is divisible by 3
    HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We have been dying to let players know, and this release we are closer to getting it out, so the timing is right to preview this new feature. I've been biting my tongue for too long now.

I know everything can change and devs are probably still finishing everything, but if you could give us a better approximation than "late fall" of when everything is going to be released released, or how it will be released (everything at the same time? or deployed in steps?) would be really cool. At least the month icon_razz.gif

My guess is, "just in time for MPQ's 3rd Anniversary" (mid Oct).

This sounds about right

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,993 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:

This sounds about right

That would be wonderful (assuming the new feature(s) are awesome), but mid-Oct is early fall, not late fall.

Now you've gone and spoiled a potentially pleasant surprise that the setting of a "late fall" delivery expectation had created icon_razz.gif

Unless .... you're really aiming for a "late" summer roll-out icon_lol.gif

I'd say mid-Oct is mid fall (Fall is Sept-Nov) rather than early fall (most people in North America don't go by official solstice dates but instead use Sept 1st to mark end of Summer since that's Labor Day weekend).

KGB
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB wrote:

I'd say mid-Oct is mid fall (Fall is Sept-Nov) rather than early fall (most people in North America don't go by official solstice dates but instead use Sept 1st to mark end of Summer since that's Labor Day weekend).

KGB

We might all say lots of things, but solar system says fall in the northern hemisphere is 9/22 - 12/20 this year.

My brain is also convinced winter starts no later than 12/1 ... and fall starts 9/1 .... and summer on 6/1 ... and spring on 3/1 .... 3wks ahead of the calendar it seems. I blame global warming.

Anyway, get on board with the attempt to get Cthulhu to commit to a late Sept release date!

My face every year when I see "first day of summer!" on the calendar and it has already been 100+ for a month:

giphy.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    KGB wrote:

KGB

We might all say lots of things, but solar system says fall in the northern hemisphere is 9/22 - 12/20 this year.

My brain is also convinced winter starts no later than 12/1 ... and fall starts 9/1 .... and summer on 6/1 ... and spring on 3/1 .... 3wks ahead of the calendar it seems. I blame global warming.

Anyway, get on board with the attempt to get Cthulhu to commit to a late Sept release date!

My face every year when I see "first day of summer!" on the calendar and it has already been 100+ for a month:

giphy.gif

I'm British, summer feels as though it is 1 week at the start of August, 1 week at the end of August and first 2 weeks of September. Winter feels like late December to early April and that huge gap between the 2 seasons is Autumn.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

This sounds about right

That would be wonderful (assuming the new feature(s) are awesome), but mid-Oct is early fall, not late fall.

Now you've gone and spoiled a potentially pleasant surprise that the setting of a "late fall" delivery expectation had created icon_razz.gif

Unless .... you're really aiming for a "late" summer roll-out icon_lol.gif

KGB

Also, most K-12 schools start between mid-August and the week after Labor Day, and we call it the fall semester.
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:

This sounds about right

Holy moly, loving the stream of steady info and engagement! Please keep it up!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

Also, most K-12 schools start between mid-August and the week after Labor Day, and we call it the fall semester.

And those "fall" semesters are 4 months long and run through mid-December.

Come on guys. Get on board the "S.H.I.E.L.D. Levels by Summer's End" campaign!
    They can always claim they mean the Australian Summer and roll out the feature at the end of March 2017.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

And those "fall" semesters are 4 months long and run through mid-December.

Come on guys. Get on board the "S.H.I.E.L.D. Levels by Summer's End" campaign!
    They can always claim they mean the Australian Summer and roll out the feature at the end of March 2017.

Of all the ideas you can give them......
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

I know everything can change and devs are probably still finishing everything, but if you could give us a better approximation than "late fall" of when everything is going to be released released, or how it will be released (everything at the same time? or deployed in steps?) would be really cool. At least the month icon_razz.gif

My guess is, "just in time for MPQ's 3rd Anniversary" (mid Oct).

This sounds about right

Yey!!! That is great news !!!

I have high hopes for this feature. No pressure, but if it is not good I will probably stop playing icon_razz.gif
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't forget to factor global warming.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope for some sort of weekly or even bi-monthly updates on this... I am tantalized!!!!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I hope for some sort of weekly or even bi-monthly updates on this... I am tantalized!!!!

You get one word a week so it will last until launch. Saying it will come out around mid-October means about 8 weeks.

Week 1- This

Week 2 - feature

Week 3 - is

Week 4 - great,

Week 5 - but

Week 6 - unfortunately

Week 7 - it's

Week 8 - cancelled.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we all remember No Man's Sky and not place all our hopes and dreams on vague promises? We know literally nothing about this feature.

Would really love to hear some development talk about what this actually is and how is being implemented. It isn't like there's an actual reason to keep it secret.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we all remember No Man's Sky and not place all our hopes and dreams on vague promises? We know literally nothing about this feature.

Would really love to hear some development talk about what this actually is and how is being implemented. It isn't like there's an actual reason to keep it secret.

Sure there is. They revealed this feature now to get people on the edge about quitting to stick around for another 2 months. If the feature doesn't solve any of the issues those players have, and they reveal the details now, those players might just quit. Much better for them to release news of a new feature without specific details.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this might be something like SHIELD rank is based in your days played & roster levels, maybe how many times you are able to beat nodes and what level characters... The higher characters you are able to down, the higher your SHIELD rank? At least that would be nice.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

Sure there is. They revealed this feature now to get people on the edge about quitting to stick around for another 2 months. If the feature doesn't solve any of the issues those players have, and they reveal the details now, those players might just quit. Much better for them to release news of a new feature without specific details.

I would argue that this is exactly why they SHOULDN'T keep it secret. If their goal is to give people enough hope for the future to last them through the anniversary, with the plan of dashing those hopes, then they are far more sadistic than even I ever gave them credit for being.

The only way this works out well for them is if the update is actually good, and if it is, then keeping it a secret only hurts their interests.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,376 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A fair argument for keeping the information under wraps: this is a competitive area (that is, developing mobile games), to say the least. Tipping your hand is never a good idea until you are ready. Also, my guess is they want to be sure of things working (as much as possible) before announcing things. It would be worse to make an early announcement for a feature that produces a lot of bugs as they get it ready. And there may be several stages of rollout for different features.

And really, if you enjoy the game, try to appreciate that they are continuing to try to improve it.

And all that aside, of course I want to know now, like everyone else....but will try to be patient.