Post more bad guys!

Options
awef
awef Posts: 78 Match Maker
edited November 2017 in Speculation and Concepts
The Absorbing Man starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

yellowflagpngAbsorb yellowtilepng 6
The Absorbing Man's takes on the properties of whatever he touches. Select a Blue, Green, or Purple, basic tile to gain 3 AP of that color and to change the symbol to that of the Absorbing Man. (Match damage of that color will be determined by the team's highest match damage of that color. Casting Absorb on a different color reverts tile symbols to their previous symbols.)
Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Gain 4 AP.
Level 3: Gain 5 AP.
Level 4: Gain 6 AP.
Level 5: Gain 8 AP.

redflagpngThe Tough Get Tougher redtilepng 0
(PASSIVE) The Absorbing Man gains 1% damage reduction for every 4 tiles in that bears his symbol.
Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 2% damage reduction for every 4 tiles that bears his symbol.
Level 3: 3% damage reduction for every 4 tiles that bears his symbol.
Level 4: 2.5% damage reduction for every 3 tiles that bears his symbol.
Level 5: 3% damage reduction for every 3 tiles that bears his symbol.

blackflagpngCrush 'em blacktilepng 9
The Absorbing Man wildly swings his ball and chain, dealing 434 damage and stunning a random enemy target for 1 turn.
At Max Level:
Level 3: Deals 2444 damage and stuns for 1 turn.
Level 4: Deals 2919 damage.
Level 5: Deals 6110 damage and stuns for 2 turns.

Comments: I don't know if the description for Absorb is too confusing, but basically, I want him to tank colors for the team. Some damage reduction to scale off his tile symbols. Originally, I had the damage reduction scale off AP colors of his team, and any damage would drain that AP. Not really sure how it'd would turn out since he has a decent AP accelerator. Anyways, I thought it'd be easier if was like Bad Reputation. The damage ability is just mix of Moonsilver Blades and It's Clobberin' Time.

Comments

• awef
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Mysterio starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

442188c2d59464ded52dd1ad506c266ejpg

greenflagpngGrand Entrance greentilepng 12
    Mysterio enters the scene, creating a holographic decoy. Creates a 3-turn Green Countdown tile that deals 329 damage to the enemy team. While a Grand Entrance Countdown tile is on the board, single target enemy abilities have a 1 out of total number of Grand Entrance Countdown tiles chance to deal damage to him. Remove a Grand Entrance Countdown tile when Mysterio dodges an enemy ability.
    At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 1808 damage to the enemy team.
    Level 4: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles.
    Level 5: Creates 4 3-turn Countdown tiles.

yellowflagpngMystifying Shroud yellowtilepng 6
    Mysterio taunts the enemy and releases a mixture of fog and hallucinogenic gases, temporarily confusing the enemy. Creates a 2-turn Yellow countdown tile, that prevents the enemy team from matching the correct color. For example, when the enemy makes a match of red tiles, they gain 3 AP of a different color other than red.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Creates a 3-turn Yellow countdown tile.
    Level 3: Creates a 4-turn Yellow countdown tile.
    Level 4: Creates a 5-turn Yellow countdown tile.
    Level 5: Fortify the Countdown tile.

purpleflagpngChange of Scenery purpletilepng 10
    Mysterio visually manipulates the surroundings to his advantage, changing the color of the most abundant tile to a random color.
    Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Cost reduced to 9 AP.
    Level 3: Cost reduced to 8 AP.
    Level 4: Cost reduced to 7 AP.
    Level 5: Cost reduced to 5 AP.

Comments: Mysterio is going to be a relatively low HP character, considering that he has RNG for damage mitigation, 25% to not take damage. If it was 100% chance to dodge damage, then it might be a bit too strong and you lose decoys and its damage potential. The decoys should do pretty decent damage for the cost, even if some of the decoys get destroyed. For the yellow ability, I wanted to try something different from AP denial and stun. Both are definitely top tier when slowing down the enemy team. So, this is a notch lower, still slows the enemy team and fits the theme of confusion. The purple ability is kind of like Doctor Doom's Technopathic Strike, but more versatile. It might be pretty good for board shake and AP gain.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    Hmm, that resembles my Sinister Six character speculation post! You're right about one thing, we don't have enough bad guys to equal out the roster of good guys icon_razz.gif
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good specs.

Absorbing Man is a little dry. Decent tank ability and I like the 'select a tile, gain power based on it' idea, converting Yellow into PGU would be amazing... I just think changing his symbol is a bit overkill, but... Eh maybe it would work. I just think that aspect is confusing, has no way to keep track of it on defense, but the opponent mostly doesn't care because they can just target who they want anyway. He could just jump in front when making matches of that color (which wouldn't add symbols that synergize with his DR but, eh.)

I'm not a huge fan of flat DR, but the percentage based on tile coverage is actually great for a few reasons: It makes you want to prioritize him first (so he doesn't have 63% damage reduction while you finish him off!) and thematically, it's cool that it turns off when he is stunned. I still think I might tie it to a countdown since it is so strong at times, but maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

Solid spec, and the numbers are pretty good; black seems extreme but I suppose it's in the new school of damage values. Nice work.

Mysterio:
    Really solid. Green isn't purely defensive, and it'll only last a few rounds anyway (but creates awesome shenanigans with increasing friendly Countdowns, too bad only Bag-Man does that right now). For the cost it should have a chance of blocking all targeted damage, not just powers. Maybe he dodges the match damage but takes the attack tile. It'd be fine. It also might be simpler and more exciting if it was always a 50% miss chance as long as 1 decoy exists--would you risk a 14-AP nova on him even with that chance? Unless you were thinking the decoys were destroyed on damage.

His other two powers offer interesting utility and counterplay. He might not be super strong--but the flavor is great. Change of Scenery is a bit pricey (there's gotta be a better leveling scheme than simple reduced cost--maybe if he gained extra AP per match until the board settled?) Shroud is the definite weak link, so often the board is filled with lots of colors I don't want since those matches are all gone. E.g. Hulkbuster starts matching Purple and he's got a better than average chance he'll get a color he wants. The A.I would still prioritize its colors when fighting you though, so that's funny. In fact this power would become amazing if it always gave AP in their weakest color. Even so, you could not improve these powers and just make Decoys do more damage and he'd be a lot of fun to play with AND against.

Anyways I really like this build, honestly it's better than some existing characters, and definitely more fun...
  • awef
    Options
    Thanks for the much appreciated feedback. I took some time to review what I've posted and considered your suggestions.
    GundamY wrote:
    Hmm, that resembles my Sinister Six character speculation post! You're right about one thing, we don't have enough bad guys to equal out the roster of good guys icon_razz.gif
    It's sad that there is a low probability of them being added. The "Homecoming" movie might be an opportunity. As far as I know: Shocker, Vulture, and Tinkerer.

@ErikPeter

Yeah, I agree Absorbing Man is kind of simple. Actually, don't know what "PGU" is. Anyways, I was really more focused on incorporating "Absorb" into his kit. By the end, I just gave him an uninspired damage ability. When I first imagined the character, I wanted "Absorb" to alter offensive and defensive capabilities. That's kind of where I decided to just simplify the character. I felt that 4 star tier really lacks tanks and batteries. There's soft tanking (using a high hp character to move in front via match damage) and there's the Thing, a reactive tank. So, I took "soft tanking" to the next level. "Absorb" would make the selected color of tiles to match his highest match damage to ensure that he's in the front.

Naturally, since there's a lot of his icons on the board, I felt that damage reduction that scaled off of that would be appropriate. I think that the flat DR mechanic could be balanced out by introducing a "true damage" mechanic (ignore DR). This can be seen with Peggy Carter's "Ultimate Soldier". I don't think that the maximum DR value is too bad. The ideal situation of having his icon on 64 tiles is rather rare. Like you mentioned, stuns can counter passives.

Yeah, I didn't realize black had +1K damage/AP ratio, until I looked at it again. There's definitely a difficulty when releasing a new character. Players want high damage/AP ratios, otherwise, characters aren't ranked very highly.

You're right. I forgot to mention that the decoys have an 80% of getting destroyed at rank 5. Single target ability damage seems fitting because including all other types of damage would just destroy the decoys quicker, resulting in no damage output. I think that "1808*4" team damage is decent even if a decoy is destroyed. But then again, you do have to compete with Red Hulk's "Hammer and Anvil".

I don't think "Mystifying Shroud" is that weak. If we factor in team-up tiles, there's only a 1/6 chance for the player to get the color that he/she wants, when matching a non-desired color. Counter-play would be a rainbow team or dedicated batteries. I'm going to have to disagree with gaining AP in the weakest color. If that were the case, then players would know what color they were getting and adjust accordingly. I actually find that 6 turns of this randomness might be excessive.

Yeah, the leveling scheme of "Change of Scenery" is rather unimaginative. I just figured that a lower cost would lead to spamming the ability. I thought about your suggestion of +AP/match and realized the problem of the scenario of the ability being a dud and not leading to any matches. Would be a waste. So, I think I'll just further reduce the ability's cost. We shall see. Maybe.

I had another kit for Mysterio that revolved around doing more damage. "Grand Entrance" would have a passive that created a decoy if there wasn't already one, in addition to what it currently does (Remove damage mitigation and move some of the final countdown damage to the prematurely destroyed damage). There'd a passive, every time a friendly countdown was destroyed creates attack tiles. Decoys would actually deal damage if matched away and proc the attack tiles. "Change of Scenery" would be like Loki's "Illusions". Well actually, that's when I realized that there really wouldn't be a difference between those abilities. That's when I scrapped this kit.
  • ErikPeter
    Options
    PGU = purpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png Sorry.

Like I said, great builds. Absorbing Man's dry, but he would be very solid and probably not OP (and, as mentioned, an amazing yellow converter and nice replacement for IM40 in that capacity).

And if Mysterio's decoys are destroyed upon taking damage, Then it's definitely better if it only triggers from active damage at the better 1/n+1 chance. (I guess I was using Blur logic, not Mirror Image logic).

I'm working on a spec for this thread, but it took a bit longer than I was counting on. Keep you posted.
  • ErikPeter
    Options
    Here's my shot. Decided to aim at 5-star tier for fun. Viper borrows a couple ideas from my previous Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spec. Her decoy powers work like an active version of the Banner/Hulk transformation, replacing herself or an ally with a weaker meat shield until they are downed, at which point the replaced character shows up again. She would offer lots of "Temp HP" to the team while dealing tons of damage over time with her attack tiles. Or she'll just send in a body double and blow everyone up, dealing massive damage to friend and foe alike--hopefully some Hydra Commandos are there to take the hit instead of more qualified teammates.

npxo
    Viper (Madame Hydra) 5 star.png
    madame_hydra_viper3.jpg

greenflag.png Serpent's Kiss 6 greentile.png AP
    Viper shoots the target with a toxic dart, dealing 200 damage and creating a Green Attack tile of Strength 200.

(PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, increase the Strength of a friendly Green special tile by 40.
      Level 2: Attack tile Strength increases to 220. Each turn, increase one tile by 53. Level 3: Deals 460 damage. Attack tile Strength increases to 250. Each turn, increase one tile by 81. Level 4: Attack tile Strength increases to 280. Each turn, increase one tile by 98. Level 5: Deals 780 damage. Attack tile Strength increases to 340. Each turn, increase one tile by 130.
      Level 450
      Level 3: Deals 1800 damage and creates an Attack tile of Strength 1000. Each turn, increase one tile by 324.
      Level 4: Deals 1800 damage and creates an Attack tile of Strength 1120. Each turn, increase one tile by 392.
      Level 5: Deals 3120 damage and creates an Attack tile of Strength 1360. Each turn, increase one tile by 520.

yellowflag.png Hydra Goons 9 yellowtile.png AP
      As Madame Hydra, Viper commands legions of loyal soldiers willing to lead the charge. Targets one ally; an expendable Hydra Commando arrives to replace them in the battle until downed.
      (PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, if an ally is downed or missing, a Hydra Commando arrives to take their spot in the battle.
      (PASSIVE) When Viper is downed, down all Hydra Commandos.
        HYDRA COMMANDO
      star.png
        blueflag.pngTactical Misdirection (PASSIVE)
        At the start of your turn, if one does not exist, creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals moderate damage and creates 1 Protect, Strike, or Attack tile.
        blackflag.pngInfil-traitor (PASSIVE)
        At the start of your turn, if one does not exist, creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that steals 1 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile.
        redflag.pngPower Hungry (PASSIVE)
        Generate 1 redtile.png AP per turn.

Level 2-5:
        Hydra Commando improves, gaining lots of Health and some damage. Reduce countdowns on blacktile.png & bluetile.png powers.

redflag.pngBody Double 11 redtile.png AP
        Viper's enemies can never be sure they're fighting the real Madame Hydra. Viper summons a Body Double to replace her in the battle until downed.
        (PASSIVE) Viper's Body Double takes double damage while Stunned.
          BODY DOUBLE
        star.pngstar.png
        Note: The Body Double's power levels are the same as Viper's. E.g. If Viper is missing Yellow covers, the Body Double will not have a Yellow power either.
          greenflag.pngHydra Legions 11 greentile.png AP
          "Madame Hydra" activates sleeper agents around the globe to wreak havoc. Converts all basic Green tiles to high-Strength Attack tiles.
          yellowflag.pngExpendable Personnel 8 yellowtile.png AP
          "Madame Hydra" recruits two Hydra Commandos to act as shock troops, replacing any non-Hydra allies in the battle until downed.
          redflag.pngLevel the Playing Field 8 redtile.png AP
          Viper is more than willing to sacrifice a few troops to pursue her agenda. Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals high damage to all participants in the battle. If her Body Double is downed before the Countdown tile activates, Viper lashes out upon returning, dealing high damage to a random enemy.

Level 2-5: The Body Double's Health and Red power damage improves.
        • awef
          Options
          The attack tiles/turtle kit seems like a pretty good design. I like it. Don't really know how valuable my criticism will be, since I have relatively little experience with 5*'s. However, I will comment that the mechanic of "meat shields" is potentially imbalanced. Having extra targets essentially turns the match into a survival node for the opponent. In that case, the rate that the enemy can actually damage your team with ability damage significantly drops, and on top of that, they are taking increasing attack tile damage. I suppose you could just counter with "Small Time Crooks" or "Surgical Strike", assuming green is her primary color. Anyways, combining "meat shields", really really strong attack tile, and +2 AP red feed seems like too much. I don't know how strong "Hydra Legions" could be, but I get the impression that it would be a game ender if the conditions were right. I get that attack damage would probably be the majority of her damage, depends on minion damage numbers. It also depends on if "Level the Playing Field" damage > "meat shield" HP. If the "meat shields" survive, then they are still effectively "meat shields" and can soak whatever abilities are thrown at them. So, yeah turtling power is probably too strong.
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          I wasn't envisioning the hydra commandos to have much Health. Body Double would have a bit more, but still not enough to withstand 'Level the Playing field'. I'm thinking 450 Spider-Man should almost one-shot her with Taek-Web-Do (including her stun vulnerability), so around 10K health at max, but as that's only a couple turns of match+strike damage at that level, maybe a bit more. Goons though, less than that. They're there to soak up a few turns of damage or mild AoE.

Level the Playing Field is a huge attack, but as she doesn't play well with others it could go very wrong (e.g., fail to activate Expendable Personnel and then the real guys take just as much damage) and honestly could afford to have a lower cap on team damage, but eh. I'm thinking in the 20k range at 450.

As for Hydra Legions, it's Hail Storm... just more effective after she's downed thanks to Viper's passive. Green specials are pretty rare otherwise, but Viper's Kiss could have a built in max value if it gets out of control.
        • awef
          edited October 2017
          Options
          Ghost starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

300cb20100723004829

purpleflagpngIntangible purpletilepng 9
          Ghost's suit allows him to become invisible and phase through solid matter. He can also make allies intangible, just by touching them. Creates 1 invisibility tile. If the tile is present, an ally who takes damage from a single target ability will have that damage reduced by 415. Drains 5 purple AP.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Reduces damage by 1454 and drains 4 purple AP.
          Level 4: Reduces damage by 2101.
          Level 5: Reduces damage by 3394 and drains 3 purple AP.

blueflagpngSabotage bluetilepng 10
          Ghost hacks into enemy systems, halting their efforts, and leaves a parting gift. Converts a selected enemy Countdown tile into a friendly 3-turn Countdown tile that deals 582 damage.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Deals 3000 damage.
          Level 4: Deals 4043 damage.
          Level 5: Can select up to 2 enemy Countdown tiles.

blackflagpngParanoia blacktilepng 10
          Not trusting anyone but himself, Ghost takes the necessary precautions to ensure his own agenda. Removes 3 friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles, and gains 1 Purple and Blue AP.
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Removes 3 tiles and generates 2 of each.
          Level 3: Removes 4 tiles and generates 3 of each.
          Level 4: Removes 5 tiles and generates 4 of each.
          Level 5: Removes 6 tiles and generates 5 of each. Can also remove enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles.

Comments: Don't really think it's necessary to have another invisibility character in the 4* star tier, since there are already so many, but I recently finished reading the Dark Reign arc of Thunderbolts, and really enjoyed this character. Anyways, I went with flat values (Quake's numbers), since I already used % on The Absorbing Man. Originally, it was 100% damage reduction and higher cost, which doesn't seem that efficient. 100% DR fits lore-wise, but probably too strong in game. "Sabotage" turns an enemy countdown into a single target nuke. Haven't decided on the damage values, but it should reflect "high risk and high rewards". "Paranoia" is basically "Radar Sense". Not really sure if the AP gain is too much. When factoring removing enemy special tiles and the AP gain, there might be too much reward.
        • awef
          edited October 2017
          Options
          Black Cat starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

blackflagpngMisfortune blacktilepng 0
          (PASSIVE) Crossing the Black Cat undoubtedly leads to a streak of bad luck for her enemies. When an enemy makes a match and Black Cat is at the front, reduce the match damage and AP gain by 1 tile if the strongest enemy color was matched. 
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: If Black Cat's colors were matched.
          Level 3: Applies to all enemy matches.
          Level 4: Reduce enemy match damage by 2 tiles.
          Level 5: Whenever an enemy makes 2 or more matches in a turn, stun the enemy team for 2 turns.

purpleflagpngCrime Does Pay purpletilepng 10
          The Black Cat helps herself to the enemy's loot. Creates a 3-turn Purple Countdown tile. While on the board, whenever the Black Cat makes a match in her colors, steal 1 AP of the respective color and increase the duration of the Countdown tile by 1.
          (PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy is stunned, stealing AP is 50% more effective.
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Increase Countdown duration to 4.
          Level 3: Steals 2 AP of the respective color.
          Level 4: Matches of Red, Green, and Blue tiles by your team steal 1 AP of the respective color and increase the duration of the Countdown tile by 1.
          Level 5: Increase Countdown duration to 5.

yellowflagpngCat Nap yellowtilepng 10
          The master escape artist always has a card up her sleeve. Creates 3 trap tiles that deal 379 damage and stun the enemy target for 1 turn.
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Creates 4 traps.
          Level 3: Creates 5 traps.
          Level 4: Creates 6 traps.
          Level 5: Creates 8 traps.

At Max Level:
          Level 5: Deals 1505 damage on each enemy match and stuns the current target for 1 turn.

• awef
          edited October 2017
          Options
          Scorpion starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

300cb20080612161914

purpleflagpngTail Whip purpletilepng 10
          The Scorpion smashes the surrounding environment, causing debris to fall on his enemy. Destroy a selected column and deal 638 damage. Does not generate AP.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Deals 3111 damage.
          Level 4: Deals 4223 damage.
          Level 5: Deals 6425 damage.

blackflagpngOutburst blacktilepng 0
          (PASSIVE) Scorpion's deteriorating mental health makes him an easily angered individual. Whenever an enemy makes a match of his colors, fire Tail Whip randomly for no damage. Does not generate AP.
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Whenever Scorpion makes a match in his strongest color.
          Level 3: Whenever Scorpion makes a match in his colors.
          Level 4: Also can randomly fires Acid Spray without making friendly Attack tiles.
          Level 5: Triggered Acid Spray creates friendly Attack tiles.

greenflagpngAcid Spray greentilepng 8
          Mac Gargan launches a glob of deadly corrosive acid toward his enemies. Destroys a selected 3x3 block of tiles. Destroyed tiles deal damage, but do not generate AP. Also, creates 3 strength 28 Attack tiles.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Creates 4 strength 65 Attack tiles.
          Level 4: Creates 4 strength 94 Attack tiles.
          Level 5: Creates 5 strength 151 Attack tiles.

Comments:
          • Each trigger of Outburst will fire either Tail Whip or Acid Spray, but no both.
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          Ghost: Pretty good. His Invis is probably too cheap since he generates AP, but, cool otherwise. I like the defensive aspect--I'd probably add in "If purple is drained to 0, destroy all friendly invisibility tiles" or something... Blue has a nice balance; Killing 2 enemy CDs is pretty great, but situational. Black is, again, situational, but could end up being almost free... I don't know this character but the spec has me intrigued.

Black Cat: I like Yellow Cat Nap and the synergy with Purple, but Purple's AP steal is almost certainly too strong and the wording/intent of black is way too vague. How does it interrupt the cascade halfway through? Does it just subtly prevent the necessary tiles from falling? Overall ... Not sure what she would add to the game.

Scorpion: Pretty neat idea, but the numbers are way too high considering the passive. Even if they only triggered once a match, that much free damage is pretty crazy. It's random, but not the good kind of random; what happens if Green triggers twice in the first couple turns and downs a guy you were counting on in the battle? Frustrating. (Or fun, I guess, if you're Scorp.) I think he'd be better to balance for like, 5 AP costs and the same percent chance. Interestingly very weak against mooks that don't make matches.
        • awef
          Options
          Ghost:
          • That is a good point. I like the suggestion. *Actually, changed my mind. I'm having a hard time imagining why draining purple would remove the Invisible tile. It's cheap because the passive has a cost. I suppose the initial cost could be increased. But I think that having to remove the Invisible tile and replacing it would be very inefficient, and the AP gain from black wouldn't compensate for it.
          • Originally, blue scaled with the value of the enemy countdown tile. That seemed potentially overpowered. Maggia Don's "Trap".
          • Black seems too random to be free too often, but I'll cap the AP can for each color.

Black Cat:
          • Not really satisfied with Black Cat's purple. Couldn't really think of a better ability than "Aggressive Recon". I'll probably change it when I come up with something else.
          • I imagined that a cascade would be shortened and stun the enemy team, but now I realize that if that were to happen. The enemy team wouldn't actually have AP to steal.
          • I think I have a change for her Black and Purple, but might make her less effective and more difficult to use.

Scorpion:
          • That's true. I think I'll keep the damage, but tweak the passive.
          • I don't think he'll be that bad against minions, since he has target board control.
        • awef
          edited October 2017
          Options
          The Abomination starpngstarpngstarpngstarpng

300cb20140430005418

redflagpng Collateral redtilepng 12 
          The Abomination hurls a fuel tank at the enemy target, dealing 416 damage. The blast spreads to all other enemies, dealing 42 damage, with a 25% chance to deal 21 additional damage. Each additional redtilepng increases this chance by 25%, but is not consumed.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Deals 2346 damage to the main target and 762/1143 damage to other targets.
          Level 4: Deals 5866 damage to the main target and 2933/4400 damage to other targets.
          Level 5: Deals 5866 damage to the main target and 2933/4400 damage to other targets. Requirement for maximum damage reduced to 13 AP.

greenflagpngIndomitable greentilepng 0
          (PASSIVE) The Abomination shrugs off even the most fatal hits. If damaged while below 40% HP, he gains a burst of HP equal to 20% of the damage done. Then creates a 5-turn Black Countdown tile that prevents the effect from triggering while it is on the board.
          Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Below 45%, he gains a burst of health equal to 22.5% of the damage done.
          Level 3: Below 52%, he gains a burst of health equal to 26% of the damage done.
          Level 4: Below 60%, he gains a burst of health equal to 33% of the damage done.
          Level 5: Below 70%, he gains a burst of health equal to 40% of the damage done.

blackflagpng Blindside blacktilepng 9 
          The Abomination impacts the target, leaving them temporarily crippled. Deals 826 damage and cripples the target for 2 turns. The damage and AP gained from a crippled character's matches are reduced by one tile.
          At Max Level:
          Level 3: Deals 2533 damage and cripples for 3 turns.
          Level 4: Deals 3446 damage and cripples for 4 turns.
          Level 5: Deals 5255 damage and cripples for 4 turns.
        • moss04
          moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
          Options
          Overall I'm a fan of Abomination, but I think there a few cases were the cover progression is lacking, particularly for green and red.

For red I don't think it works to max out damage (value) at 4 covers, and I think that 25% chance of a third target, would happen infrequently enough (at 14 AP) that it's not compelling at all. To fix, I would change it so that it's a 50% chance to hit a second target at 1 cover, then increases to 60/75/90 at covers 2/3/4 and at 5 covers add the third target at the same percentage. And to clarify, with this suggestion each target's ally would be calculated seprately rather than together, so with two 90%, there's good odds you get all three, very good odds you get at least two, and extremely low odds you only get one. Add to that having four covers only do about 80-85% of max damage.

For green I like the final numbers, but rather than have the percentages be +5/+5/+5/+5 and +5/+5/+15/+5, switch that +15% at 4 covers to be at 5 covers.

I think those changes would make red a better power and make mutiple different cover builds be compelling.
        • awef
          Options
          • You're definitely right. Idk what I was thinking, using that leveling scheme. I have something in mind that'll increase the upfront damage. At first, it was costed 12 AP, but I decided at the last moment to increase it to 14 AP. Well actually, after calculating the dmg/AP, it does still seem pretty weak even it hit 3 targets.
          • This was actually a typo. Then, I lowered it to 50%, because I felt that it currently mitigated too much damage or at least it mitigated it too often. Leaning toward lowering it.
        • ErikPeter
          Options
          awef wrote:
          The Abomination star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

redflag.pngCollateral – 12 AP: The Abomination lifts up a tanker truck and hurls it at his enemy. The resulting explosion deals 416 damage to the target and 10% of the main damage to secondary targets. Secondary damage has a 25% chance to deal 150% damage. Each additional red AP beyond 12 AP increases this chance by 25%, but is not consumed.

Level 5: Deals 5866 damage to the main target and 50% of the main damage to secondary targets. Secondary damage has a 50% chance to deal 150% damage. Each additional red AP beyond 12 AP increases this chance by 50%, but is not consumed.

greenflag.pngIndomitable (Passive): Big attacks mean nothing to the Abomination. He shrugs off even the most fatal hits. When an attack which reduces the Abomination's health below 40%, he gains a temporary shield equal to 20% of the damage done. Then creates a black 5-turn Countdown tile that prevents the effect from triggering while it is on the board.

Level 5: Below 70%, he gains a temporary shield equal to 40% of the damage done.

blackflag.pngBlindside – 9 AP: While the enemy is distracted, the Abomination impacts the target, leaving them temporarily crippled. Deals 826 damage and cripples the target for 2 turns. While crippled, the target can make match 3's, but only gain 2 AP and deal damage of 2 tiles. Does not apply to match-4's or match-5's.

Level 5: Deals 5255 damage and cripples for 4 turns.

I like the idea behind him but right now he's overcomplex, or at least much too wordy. Values seem good.

How about streamlining every power? Still a little complex but I think it's easier to parse this way:
          redflag.pngCollateral 12 redtile.png AP
          The Abomination lifts up a tanker truck and hurls it at the target enemy, dealing 5866 damage. The blast spreads to all other enemies, dealing 2933 damage, with a 50% chance of dealing an additional 1462 damage. If you have 16 Red AP, the chance for extra damage is 100%.

greenflag.pngIndomitable (Passive)
          The Abomination shrugs off even the most fatal hits. If damaged while he is below 70% Health, he gains a burst of Health equal to 40% of the damage dealt, then creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile that disables this effect while on the board.

blackflag.pngBlindside 9 blacktile.png AP
          With a mighty impact, the Abomination crushes his foe, leaving them temporarily crippled. Deals 5255 damage and cripples the target for 4 turns. The damage and AP gained from a crippled character's matches are reduced by one tile.
        • awef
          Options
          Okay. Changed.
        • GundamY
          GundamY Posts: 182
          Options
          Ooh ooh! I got another one! Since MPQ is seriously lacking in bad guys, I was thinking of adding another character from Spiderman's rogue gallery. Here he is:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngTombstone (Lonnie Lincoln)

4fdcafdd0564bcd1f04235c25beda60b.jpg

yellowflag.pngProtection Racket - yellowtile.png 8 AP: Tombstone extorts his victims and coerce them into paying him for "protection", or they will suffer the consequences. Create 3 enemy Protect tiles with 50 strength each.

(Passive): During the enemy team's turn, they must pay Tombstone 1 Green AP to maintain their Protect tiles or else take 300 damage (unaffected by Protect tiles) for each enemy Protect Tile on the board.

Max Level: Create 3 enemy Protect tiles with 100 strength each.

(Passive): During the enemy team's turn, they must pay Tombstone 4 Green AP to maintain their Protect tiles or else take 600 damage (unaffected by Protect tiles) for each enemy Protect Tile on the board.

greenflag.png Guilty Bruising - greentile.png 14 AP: Tombstone's harasses his underlings to pay their dues or feel his fists on their faces. Deal 2000 damage and destroy 12 non-Protect tiles on the board (does not gain AP).

Max Level: Deal 6000 damage and destroy all non-Protect tiles on the board (does not gain AP).

blackflag.pngHostile Takeover (Passive) - blacktile.png 0 AP: Tombstone shows no remorse for anyone buried six feet underground. If Tombstone downs an enemy, convert all present enemy Protect tiles on the board into normal tiles and gain 1 yellow and 1 green AP for each Protect tile converted.

Max Level: If Tombstone downs an enemy, convert all present enemy Protect tiles on the board into normal tiles and gain 3 yellow and 3 green AP for each Protect tile converted.

Now I know this is similar to Eddie Brock's Venom with the abilities color scheme and the Protect tiles screwing over the enemy team, but I envision Tombstone being the mob boss who will intimidate you into accepting his "protection", or suffer the consequences. What do you think?

I need some feedback on how to make Tombstone viable since I don't know character balance that well. "Hostile Takeover" is difficult to execute, but if you can pull it off Bullseye style, the reward is sooooo good!
        • awef
          Options
          I like the interpretation. It's very fitting. I do think that the kit is too similar to Venom's, despite the passives. Give Protect tiles, then board shake. You could change the color scheme to lessen the competition. Maybe blue instead of green.
          • “Lethal Protector” > “Protection Racket”. Deals damage and has the same effect (-1 Protect tile), then you could just Tombstone for the passive. The passive is actually really strong, because you strip the enemy's Protect tile with 0 effort. Example: 0 green AP, AI Invisible Woman casts blue, then next turn she loses that Protect tile. Imagine removing a 5*'s Protect tile. Also, draining 4 green AP is a lot.
          • “Hammer & Anvil” > “Guilty Bruising”. For 4 AP more, you could deal 7333 AOE. So if you change the color, then you don't have to compete with a lot of good green AP abilities. I think the mechanic isn't too bad.
          • The passive relies a lot on your yellow or if the enemy can make Protect tiles. Then your yellow relies on the enemy having the necessary green AP to drain to accelerate your green. The main problem is that his kit relies on enemies making their own Protect tiles, them having green AP, or there being an abundance of yellow AP.

Sorry if it's concise. I had to rewrite it, since the site logged me out.