MPQ at Marvel.com: Black Bolt!

13»

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's get back on topic. We still don't know what's happening with Latest Legends nor do we know any exact specs on Black Bolt who should be coming in about 4 hours. This is ridiculous.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    5cap moves to classics. Each 5* in classics has 2.5% draw rate. Black bolt, im46, banner in latest at 5%.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Actually we are working on a bunch of fixes. These fixes are quite large, and are taking time. We hope to have info about them very soon, one may show up in 107 even!
  • ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM:

why the hell did the rates for classic 5* drop so much with the introduction of blackbolt?

this game is getting RIDONKOLOUS. rates for 4* are laughable, rates for 5* only mean. championing a 3* to 266 takes way way WAAAAY too long and only gives u 3 covers. and then what? sell 3*daken only to spend another year to max him and get another 3 covers for X23?

u guys made it sound so special:
    only a selected FEW 5*, they will be gamechangers, they will be hard to earn....go love urself
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    5cap moves to classics. Each 5* in classics has 2.5% draw rate. Black bolt, im46, banner in latest at 5%.

WELL! Terrible cap goes to classics first to further dilute them when much better Iron Man heads in later? 5*'s continuing to lower in draw rates each time one is added in, therefore making sure only the super whales ever actually cover them?

tumblr_nksbwzgbf11tq4of6o1_400.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Actually we are working on a bunch of fixes. These fixes are quite large, and are taking time. We hope to have info about them very soon, one may show up in 107 even!
    Fixes to what? The impossible-to-cover drop rates on classic 5*s? The inevitable hosing the rng lays on a sizable proportion of the player base? I really hope it's something that will matter.
  • SnowcaTT
    simonsez wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Fixes to what? The impossible-to-cover drop rates on classic 5*s? The inevitable hosing the rng lays on a sizable proportion of the player base? I really hope it's something that will matter.

I presume they're prepping to get rid of RNG progress and speed up 4* progress.

With nearly 40 4*'s, we are to the tipping point where 3*'s were greatly sped up.

With nearly 10 5*'s, we are to the tipping point where 4*'s were when they started being much more easily available to the masses.

I mean...if they are thinking of continually releasing 4*'s in a meta where the 4*'s barely matter anymore, and releasing 5*'s in a manner where the vast majority of people can't get any of them covered...what would be the point of -ANYBODY- continuing in a game with that kind of misbalance?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

I presume they're prepping to get rid of RNG progress and speed up 4* progress.

With nearly 40 4*'s, we are to the tipping point where 3*'s were greatly sped up.

With nearly 10 5*'s, we are to the tipping point where 4*'s were when they started being much more easily available to the masses.

I mean...if they are thinking of continually releasing 4*'s in a meta where the 4*'s barely matter anymore, and releasing 5*'s in a manner where the vast majority of people can't get any of them covered...what would be the point of -ANYBODY- continuing in a game with that kind of misbalance?

I live in hope of an impending golden age icon_neutral.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Snow and Simon, hold tight for just a little bit longer!!!!!

:+D
  • simonsez
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Snow and Simon, hold tight for just a little bit longer!!!!!

:+D
    I don't like being teased about things that will ultimately disappoint me...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    why the hell did the rates for classic 5* drop so much with the introduction of blackbolt?

It didn't? It's still 15%. Individually, 15/5 is greater than 15/6, so yeah, each character will be less when they move one over.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure they'll do something like cut ISO rates to make up for their generosity
  • simonsez

It didn't? It's still 15%. Individually, 15/5 is greater than 15/6, so yeah, each character will be less when they move one over.
    Individually is all that matters. I don't need 3 or 4 covers each in Cap, BSS, GG and PHX, I need 13 in one of them...
  • SnowcaTT
    simonsez wrote:

Individually is all that matters. I don't need 3 or 4 covers each in Cap, BSS, GG and PHX, I need 13 in one of them...

That's the big problem with 5*'s. With RNG-only, it was hard enough to cover them with they were 5% chance each to get the couple that existed. It was the big outcry: what will happen to OML when he goes to classics? And they upped the overall draw-rate to keep it flat as they added him.

But now that they keep adding more and more and they've stopped upping the overall draw rate. So those that could champ everything day one or whaled when there were only 2-3 4*'s got their covers. And those that didn't are hosed forever - the dilution of covers will make sure you get a pretty worthless 6-8 covers of all of them in a year, rather than the 10-13 you need to compete in six-nine months. I see a -bunch- of rosters who have champed OML/PH/SS and hardly any of the other ones - sure, the others are newer and they had less chances - but they also drew all of their LT's early on when they had higher chances to get one of a couple of characters, rather than players now who have "equal" chance to draw 5*'s but MUCH, MUCH less chance to max any of them!

All of which means: if you were behind before, you may as well give up - you'll never catch up. Enjoy Puzzle Quest: OML! (The only character that matters, and the only one you'll -EVER- be seeing. THANK GOD FOR THE PATCH EVENT, I wish it was every other event so I saw some variety!)