iso sale 2016.08.17

13»

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, weekly "flash" sales - the IAP equivalent of palliative care.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Found this in chat

"Since I maxed 4thor on Saturday I had 278 ISO, 4 days later I have 92k. I can live with 4 days hard work over £80/$100 for 14k less ISO. "
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol 3rd sale of iso in 3 weeks.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3: iso shortage solved!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards

Methinks the game isn't doing well.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker

I honestly don't think it's that.

I think they're very carefully edging towards an iso8 solution, but they have two overriding factors to worry about.

* Do not screw the in game ecology (so, go slow)

* Do not close a revenue stream without trying to salvage it first

They're cautiously moving towards an answer, just balancing a potential in-game apocalypse (an exploitable system would be out of control before they could fix it) and not getting their assessment fired for not doing everything they can to make sure the iso8 sales aren't working before they do something to compromise them.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards

RIP MPQ.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, and based on the previous ones it will only last one day or two, and we might get another one next week.

The problem is that this is not enough. I need to get 780k iso in 29 days so I can champ three 4s before the covers I have and I will get in the next days expire (2k sim, and day 1026), so I would love to buy some iso for 50$ and just reduce the stress needed to get all this iso in this short amount of time, but spending the 50$ won't help me at all to reach my goal, it is pointless to buy iso.

Devs need to understand that +50% of a very small number is still a very small number

If I was going to get 160k iso for 50$ or 360k iso for 100$ I would have done it already! 100$ should be enough to max a 4 !!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

Devs need to understand that +50% of a very small number is still a very small number
    But they do understand, which is why they use % instead of real numbers, see heroic tokens 30% increase in 4☆ draw chance!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I love this thread coming around every week. It's like they are running the sale to spite this thread.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I'm really confused by the changes they've made to Iso flow in the game over the past 6 months or so. They've made several, and the extra is definitely a step in the right direction, but all of it is front-loaded.

The difference in available Iso to players who started last week and play 5 minutes a day vs the Iso available to veterans who play 2 hrs per day has basically not changed. What is the design advantage there? I would have thought that if they were going to offer improved Iso flow in the game, it would be aimed at the people for whom Iso flow is a problem, rather than at everybody. As it stands, if you can join an active alliance and play one match per day, you're making WAY more Iso than you actually need, and every further minute you spend playing puts you farther and farther behind. Why is this the implementation they've chosen? It seems like it does more to discourage playing than it does to encourage it.

The Iso sale is similar: it offers Iso in amounts that appeal to the people who are least likely to need it, while being meaningless to people who are in a situation where they'd consider spending money to dig themselves out of their hero hole.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Imho the whales who buy are actually buying CP and they pick ISO because while HP are a much better deal, ISO is more useful.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Now I wish I farmed 20 iso nodes back when it was a thing.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's possible these sales are meant to gauge people's interest in buying ISO at a new lower prices. Or that could just be wishful thinking. Either way debating on the forums likely won't change anything, just don't buy it if you aren't happy with it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SERIOUSLY?

Can I get a button to "ignore all ISO sales" instead of having a pop-up EVERY week?!?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol looks like sale is weekly
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    so is it "one time only" or "one time only every week"??

not that id buy it icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    It makes my day seeing the pop-up and coming to the forums to see this lol.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/ ... 016-08-17/

Wow, look at that consistency...right up until 5*'s were released. The giant up and down spikes would explain recent things like ISO sales and VIP...