iso sale 2016.08.17

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are very in touch with the value of Iso and what it can buy... in fact I heard that with every Hidden Stash that gets purchased, they will donate 70 iso to a starving player in a third world country.
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    All they need to do is times the current iso amount to buy by 10 and it would sell so much more. I'd spent £80 on 800k iso could champ 2 4 stars.

I'd spend the 17.99 for 200,000 iso but for 20,000 not a chance.

I've got 4 maxed 4 stars and another 6 or so at max covers but it takes forever to get the iso. I've given up on most of the gane bar pvp for 1k covers I want and sometimes dpd when I can even be bothered.

If more iso was on offer I would actually play more again. Last time I even bothered with PVE was double iso.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Wait I'm confused.

So are we happy because there's more iso, or are we angry because there's more iso?

Angry, because the 'more iso' changes they have been making amount to almost nothing. Extra iso in the vault is trivial (it's 40 something extra prizes out of 300, and we get 10 tacos per vault. That's a few hundred extra iso per day). The alliance reward change was the best recent improvement, but even that ammounts to 0.5% if the iso needs for 1 4* per day. Its just barely more than a pittance.

This sale is even worse. For $20 you can get 2.9 Roster slots knot on sale) OR 1/3 of a single 2* champ (1-time-only sale price). Woohoo!

Oh okay.

Rawr more iso make Blahahah ANGRY!
    BLAHAHAH SMASH!
    icon_mad.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Real talk:

If people weren't buying ISO at the current prices, then they'd change things. It doesn't make sense to have a resource for purchase sitting there that no one is buying. So the reason prices stay the same, and the reason that this sale looks the way it does, is because people are actually buying ISO at these prices. And there's not really much any of you can do about that.

Your statement is right, but it shows the problem. If you need about, dont know, 500$ to buy enough iso to max level a 4* (ONE), it is objektive completely overpriced. So why people buy it? One group is addicted and there is no help for them, they ruin their life with a mobile game, the other group has enough money to burn it and have fun with it (sick anyways, but they dont ruin their life, maybe with gaming time but thats another story). Freemium games like this depends on these two groups mainly, because its an easy way. But the first group is out, when (not if) they had ruined their life, the second group is out, if they have another great game to burn their money and have more fun than here. Until this moment the big player base shrinked extremly, because many "normal" players realize, that this game is a P2W and if they want to have real fun, they not even have to sink enormous time, but most of their bankaccount. The game expands in a direction where new players realize, there is no chance to get any step in the later game without burning thousands of bucks. So when the two big pillars of the financement of the game will leave, there is no player base to step up to fill the gap. In this moment the game just dies and only because the company choosed the easy way to get really much money from some and not some money from all players.

Games like WoW restart the game with every expansion, so new players have a chance to get to the same point like the old players. These freemium games didnt do this, here the old content will be nerfed too, but the new players need this old content to step up and to skip this old content you need not just some money, as i wrote, you need thousands of bucks.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Real talk:

If people weren't buying ISO at the current prices, then they'd change things. It doesn't make sense to have a resource for purchase sitting there that no one is buying. So the reason prices stay the same, and the reason that this sale looks the way it does, is because people are actually buying ISO at these prices. And there's not really much any of you can do about that.

Your statement is right, but it shows the problem. If you need about, dont know, 500$ to buy enough iso to max level a 4* (ONE), it is objektive completely overpriced. So why people buy it? One group is addicted and there is no help for them, they ruin their life with a mobile game, the other group has enough money to burn it and have fun with it (sick anyways, but they dont ruin their life, maybe with gaming time but thats another story). Freemium games like this depends on these two groups mainly, because its an easy way. But the first group is out, when (not if) they had ruined their life, the second group is out, if they have another great game to burn their money and have more fun than here. Until this moment the big player base shrinked extremly, because many "normal" players realize, that this game is a P2W and if they want to have real fun, they not even have to sink enormous time, but most of their bankaccount. The game expands in a direction where new players realize, there is no chance to get any step in the later game without burning thousands of bucks. So when the two big pillars of the financement of the game will leave, there is no player base to step up to fill the gap. In this moment the game just dies and only because the company choosed the easy way to get really much money from some and not some money from all players.

Games like WoW restart the game with every expansion, so new players have a chance to get to the same point like the old players. These freemium games didnt do this, here the old content will be nerfed too, but the new players need this old content to step up and to skip this old content you need not just some money, as i wrote, you need thousands of bucks.

It feels possible to catch up, and there ARE ways to play in this game that make it pretty Free to Play depending on how patient you are (and how prone you are to becoming addicted to something).

The price point here is not right though. It's VERY greedy, real world money is getting very little return for iso8.

VIP is pretty decent (if only compared to the alternatives), and HP for slots feels okay. But iso8? Rediculious.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone else's sale prices actually increase?

Normally here in Canada, the Hidden Stash is $22.99, and the Rich Deposit is $57.99
    Now during the "sale", it's $25.99 & $64.99 respectively?
    jvc45.jpg
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The money they expect you to spend is monumentally insane. For $70, I'd expect to be able to champ at least 2 4*'s. Its a lot of money to spend on a game.

Don't know about your value proposition but for 50 bucks I could buy 2 games on steam or a game on my ps4 that isn't trying to drain the blood from my bones.

2 4 stars?

for 50 bucks I should be able to hand pick multiple 4 stars.
    and have them fully leveled.

But anything near sane pricing is way out the window.

When I saw someone in the top of the pvp bracket they had a champed 5 star hulk.

people are buying iso lol.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Real talk:

It feels possible to catch up, and there ARE ways to play in this game that make it pretty Free to Play depending on how patient you are (and how prone you are to becoming addicted to something).

The price point here is not right though. It's VERY greedy, real world money is getting very little return for iso8.

VIP is pretty decent (if only compared to the alternatives), and HP for slots feels okay. But iso8? Rediculious.

Patience in this game gets you no where.
    Yeah you can be playing 3 stars now, by the time we start champing 4's 6's will be around.

There are 4 star players here who have been here since day one who play more than some whales and don't have 1/4 as many fully covered 4 stars let alone enough iso to level them.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I just made this comparison oncce the ISO sale came up, that for the price of a "rich deposit" , I could get a AAA game like Fallout 4 to keep me occupied for hours. At that price I should, at the VERY LEAST, be able to max level a 4*. I'm not one to drop the price of a fully fleshed out game for a fraction of the max level cost for a 4*, and even if I did max level said 4* at that price, it still won't be extremely game changing.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who will drop such an amount for a pittance, and to them, feel free to do whatever you want with your money, but please try to stop spoiling D3 by making them think these are actually worthwhile
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Sooooooo disgusting. Like.....seriously. lol
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    It helps to bear in mind that we, the jaded hard-core 3*+ roster players, are not the intended audience. Just like VIP. We laugh and turn up our noses, right? "Fifty bucks? For enough Iso to max a 2* character? Hah!" But that statement right there tells it all: Max a 2* character. That's where the overwhelming mass of casual players are; right there in 2* land.

I'm guessing the logic goes a little like this: Causal 2* player sees all those 3-5* characters out there and wants to have them, obviously. However s/he is firmly in the belief that they cannot/will not spend so much as to buy their way there. But look! A sale! Hey, that's just the right amount to get my 2* Thor at max level! Maybe with that, I can finally compete better to start getting those characters! Cha-ching!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    It helps to bear in mind that we, the jaded hard-core 3*+ roster players, are not the intended audience. Just like VIP. We laugh and turn up our noses, right? "Fifty bucks? For enough Iso to max a 2* character? Hah!" But that statement right there tells it all: Max a 2* character. That's where the overwhelming mass of casual players are; right there in 2* land.

I'm guessing the logic goes a little like this: Causal 2* player sees all those 3-5* characters out there and wants to have them, obviously. However s/he is firmly in the belief that they cannot/will not spend so much as to buy their way there. But look! A sale! Hey, that's just the right amount to get my 2* Thor at max level! Maybe with that, I can finally compete better to start getting those characters! Cha-ching!
    Stop bringing reason into this!

Clearly these devs have no idea how to monetize their game, after all they've only beein doing it for almost 3 years!
    Clearly everyone on these forums would do a much better job!

KTHXBY
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Stop bringing reason into this!

Clearly these devs have no idea how to monetize their game, after all they've only beein doing it for almost 3 years!
    Clearly everyone on these forums would do a much better job!

KTHXBY

And in addition to this, even with the "simple answer" of offering more ISO at each price level, you would have to weigh the people that would buy ISO that aren't currently against the people that are consistently buying ISO, and if the amounts were increased wouldn't need to do it as often. None of this is as straightforward as everyone here seems to think it is.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:

See, I disagree. I used to be one of those casual 2* players in a public alliance happily logging in and getting stomped by Ultron, Galactus, and other players every day, running my 2* cast against the Big Enchilada on those few occasions I had the 3* character, and not knowing anything about optimal play or anything. Mind you, I've been around since the days of environment tiles (I think I'm at day 850ish), so while I'm not a forum vet, I've been playing a bit.

Why do I disagree? When I was in 2* land, very rarely did I ever truly *need* ISO. When the 3* covers started falling more frequently, sure, I joined the ranks of those who will always run at an ISO deficit. As a 2* player though, I definitely had a surplus. There was one point I had thought the 60,000 ISO I had banked would never see a use and that I'd hit the point where I would keep building ISO much faster than I'd need it.

Never at any point would I ever have considered spending real money to buy ISO as a casual player regardless of how much the sale gave me. Maybe if they did something similar to this past holiday season where the Logan's Loonies purchase was dropped for a one-time buy of 75% off, but never at the current pricing. Maxing a 2* character for the price of a better game with more play depth, play value, and replay value? Pshaw, I say, and I would have said the same back then.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    rbdragon wrote:

Normally here in Canada, the Hidden Stash is $22.99, and the Rich Deposit is $57.99
    jvc45.jpg

Rb, we checked into this. Can you confirm that you are seeing the prices back to what you are used to seeing again? (It may take an hour or three to show up).

Thank you!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    See, I disagree. I used to be one of those casual 2* players in a public alliance happily logging in and getting stomped by Ultron, Galactus, and other players every day, running my 2* cast against the Big Enchilada on those few occasions I had the 3* character, and not knowing anything about optimal play or anything. Mind you, I've been around since the days of environment tiles (I think I'm at day 850ish), so while I'm not a forum vet, I've been playing a bit.

Why do I disagree? When I was in 2* land, very rarely did I ever truly *need* ISO. When the 3* covers started falling more frequently, sure, I joined the ranks of those who will always run at an ISO deficit. As a 2* player though, I definitely had a surplus. There was one point I had thought the 60,000 ISO I had banked would never see a use and that I'd hit the point where I would keep building ISO much faster than I'd need it.

Never at any point would I ever have considered spending real money to buy ISO as a casual player regardless of how much the sale gave me. Maybe if they did something similar to this past holiday season where the Logan's Loonies purchase was dropped for a one-time buy of 75% off, but never at the current pricing. Maxing a 2* character for the price of a better game with more play depth, play value, and replay value? Pshaw, I say, and I would have said the same back then.

Maybe not you, but the hordes of one-and-done buyers that comprise the non-whale portion of their business mode surely does. I can't quote any figures, but I would bet you even money that the split between those two groups is no worse than 50-50 and favors the one-offs if any different. All in all, I'm going to guess that this sale will be marked down as a success, no matter what us grumpy turds have to whine about it.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    rbdragon wrote:

jvc45.jpg

Rb, we checked into this. Can you confirm that you are seeing the prices back to what you are used to seeing again? (It may take an hour or three to show up).

Thank you!

My bad for not seeing this until now, but yes, they are back to normal now.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So the sale was one day only? How sad.
  • nate461
    nate461 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    The Devs have got to be kidding. I think everyone agrees this was a poor excuse for an ISO sale. The extremely small amount of ISO is virtually worthless. They have already discontinued the supposed sale so it shows how worthless it was. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bumped up another sale 2016.08.02