iso sale 2016.08.17

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
lol sale for 20 and 50 dollars price point only. loosen up the purse strings and just do an everything sale. and i also find it weird they don't have a timer like usual.

Comments

• We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Should be HP. Buying ISO is a waste of money. For 50$ I could just barely champ patch from his current level of 153.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    could dang near champ a 2* for $50. now that's a game changer....

edit: well, could fully champ one for $70.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah.. Still not buying ISO.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    How are they this out of touch with what that can do for you in the game?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The money they expect you to spend is monumentally insane. For $70, I'd expect to be able to champ at least 2 4*'s. Its a lot of money to spend on a game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    could dang near champ a 2* for $50. now that's a game changer....

edit: well, could fully champ one for $70.

1 whole 2*!!! I could maybe hit 200 points in PvP or grind the trivial nodes in pve with a 2*!

What awesome value. We should all buy it!!

(this post paid for by the committee to preserve outrageously high iso prices)
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    20$ bucks for 20k iso? That's like 2 days of playing. Rather spend money on hp for roster slots.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Really? REALLY?

What a pitiful excuse for a token "sale" so that they can just make the claim later that "oh yeah, we offer sales on ISO."
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I glad I wasn't drinking my coffee while this notification came up, I ended up only doing a guffaw rather than a laugh-choking spit-take

l0G18Sn5BrkGXD8d2.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Wait I'm confused.

So are we happy because there's more iso, or are we angry because there's more iso?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    How are they this out of touch with what that can do for you in the game?

They aren't. They don't really care what you or I think. They're relying on the ignorance and greed/desire to trick money out of people that don't know better.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I challenge a dev to try to play the game enough to champion one single fully-covered 4*.

So how quickly you can do it, and how much your experience doesn't change at all once you've completed it, once you've already championed a bunch of other 4*s.

Then you'll know why we constantly complain so much about ISO stinginess.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    20$ bucks for 20k iso? That's like 2 days of playing. Rather spend money on hp for roster slots.

Right, and they make this offer over in the middle of LRs.

I really think some people could earn that by the end of this weeks lrs
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    $50 for basically 2.5 days worth of ISO or $20 for 1 day worth of ISO

VIP seems like better value
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Wait I'm confused.

So are we happy because there's more iso, or are we angry because there's more iso?

Angry, because the 'more iso' changes they have been making amount to almost nothing. Extra iso in the vault is trivial (it's 40 something extra prizes out of 300, and we get 10 tacos per vault. That's a few hundred extra iso per day). The alliance reward change was the best recent improvement, but even that ammounts to 0.5% if the iso needs for 1 4* per day. Its just barely more than a pittance.

This sale is even worse. For $20 you can get 2.9 Roster slots knot on sale) OR 1/3 of a single 2* champ (1-time-only sale price). Woohoo!
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I just opened the app to see how bad this sale really was. Was greeted with the pop-up advertising the sale...

And then the 3 CP I got from an alliance mate dropping half a bill...

When will they learn?
  • Afrothunder
    Afrothunder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    maltyo9 wrote:
    I just opened the app to see how bad this sale really was. Was greeted with the pop-up advertising the sale...

And then the 3 CP I got from an alliance mate dropping half a bill...

When will they learn?

This is exactly why we keep getting garbage sales. If people will buy it then they have no incentive to not do it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I challenge a dev to try to play the game enough to champion one single fully-covered 4*.

So how quickly you can do it, and how much your experience doesn't change at all once you've completed it, once you've already championed a bunch of other 4*s.

Then you'll know why we constantly complain so much about ISO stinginess.

I went one further and challenged them to champion two 4*'s in the time they release them (~2/season).
    viewtopic.php?t=46641&p=537496#p537491 (it got merged at some point).

One is hard, and I still maintain two from zero ISO is darn near impossible. The ISO drought shouldn't be "solved" by sales...it should be solved by having resources available be equal to rewards obtained!
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Really doesn't seem worth it to me icon_neutral.gif

Yeah, I NEED iso8. But you can buy a AAA game for the same price as kind of Championing a 2*.

This is nasty, nasty whalebaiting as a response to Pokemon GO being a multi million microtransaction success without taking from the new top dog the important fact that their microtransactions are not only MICRO but you actually get to have something for them.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Real talk:

If people weren't buying ISO at the current prices, then they'd change things. It doesn't make sense to have a resource for purchase sitting there that no one is buying. So the reason prices stay the same, and the reason that this sale looks the way it does, is because people are actually buying ISO at these prices. And there's not really much any of you can do about that.