Patch Notes - R106 (07/28/16)

13»

Comments

• LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!

Black Bolt & Spider-Woman arriving in August!

What’s New
      - Wasp stings Versus! - Story action with The Hulk!

What’s Changed
      - Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up. - Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description. - Only one Power Banner is displayed when multiple countdown tiles from the same power activate simultaneously. - The Alliance Icon now shows an alert you when you receive a Team-up. - Fixed various rare issues in the early stages of the game. - Fixed a bug where players were still sometimes taken to the top of the Rewards Cache. - Loki's
    Mischief power now displays a banner when the Countdown tile activates.

- Countdown tiles created by Iron Man (Model 40)'s Recharge power now display the correct description.

- Iron Man (Model 40)'s Recharge power now displays a banner when he is on the player's team.

- Countdown tiles created by Brotherhood Subject's Unstable Blasts power now display the correct description.

- The game should no longer crash when playing against certain enemy combinations in Wave Missions.

- Attempted fixes implemented to improve game stability.

- Fixed PC bug: The Power Shift ‘Preview Previous Level’ button now indicates when it is pressed.

Just wanted to add that this attempt has resulted in failure, at least when I'm playing the game. Have other people experienced more, fewer, or the same # of crashes? Also, why is a game that's ~3yrs old that hasn't introduced meaningful new content in a very long time experiencing an increasing level of game instability?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.

As someone that regularly taps missions to see how many clears each node has, you've now doubled the number of taps that mundane activity takes. Now it's "Tap to check clears. Hit back to get to mission select. Tap next mission. Hit back to get back to mission select."

Maybe before you guys implement a "quality of life" improvement, you should actually make sure it improves quality of life? I mean, if I hadn't already seen it here in this thread, I would assume it's a bug, because it's hard to believe such poor function is deliberate.
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    LordXberk wrote:
    Just wanted to add that this attempt has resulted in failure, at least when I'm playing the game. Have other people experienced more, fewer, or the same # of crashes? Also, why is a game that's ~3yrs old that hasn't introduced meaningful new content in a very long time experiencing an increasing level of game instability?

Lol mine is crashed 30 second after installed new patch, anyway since patch i have the same numbers of crashes
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thug CD tiles (Pistol) stayed on the board after he was defeated, and only disappeared after one of them resolved, doing no damage (thankfully).

Not sure if applies to other CD tile generating characters. Created a thread for it in the Bugs Section.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48340
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    New patch broke Nova's Rocket Man.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48331
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.
    this is counter-productive and really detracts from checking nodes. this applies to both story and versus events. in story I could see how many times I hit it without having to enter and back out and in versus I could check and see who I had queued in a node, double check alliance, etc., without having to enter. double tapping to enter was not annoying at all and I don't remember one complaint about it. not sure why this was change, but making sense isn't always required.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Lots of good UI tweaks lately, but this is a bad one - I have to agree that selecting a node from the map should not take you into the mission details. For instance, after my initial run at a PVE sub I like to quickly check each node to make sure I've cleared it four times and started the timer. This is now a much longer process than it needs to be.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Lots of good UI tweaks lately, but this is a bad one - I have to agree that selecting a node from the map should not take you into the mission details. For instance, after my initial run at a PVE sub I like to quickly check each node to make sure I've cleared it four times and started the timer. This is now a much longer process than it needs to be.

An even better quality of life improvement would have been would be to have the points/clears displayed UI wise as a tab above each node.
    This way you don't even have to select every node one at a time just to see its clear status.

Some of the "quality of life" changes they make are truly mind-boggling to me.
    They do things no one wants, and don't do things that have been needed for 2+ years...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth wrote:

An even better quality of life improvement would have been would be to have the points/clears displayed UI wise as a tab above each node.
    This way you don't even have to select every node one at a time just to see its clear status.

Some of the "quality of life" changes they make are truly mind-boggling to me.
    They do things no one wants, and don't do things that have been needed for 2+ years...

Shoot, here's a fix. Add an 'arrow' button so you can cycle between nodes once you've opened one up. That way if you're just looking, you can tab to the next one with one additional click instead of two.
  • jcseely
    jcseely Posts: 5
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Do not like this change. Has anyone ever asked for this "improvement"? I got completely lost in the last Thick as Thieves story last night because the nodes are scattered randomly around the map and I had no clue how many times I had hit each node without having to leave the map and enter every single one individually.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler

Yeah, make the clear status shown in a banner above each node. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Windreaver wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

Lol mine is crashed 30 second after installed new patch, anyway since patch i have the same numbers of crashes

I've had two crashes since installing the new patch. Both at the worst possible time healthpack wise.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Selecting a mission now takes the player into the mission description.
    Whats the point of this? Before this "improvement" i remembered exactly how much attepts i must do to get most efficient reward. Now, i must enter mission, look how many times i killed the node, and enter/exit.
    1 click turned into 2... why?

You know what? Give us visualisation of how many times the node was completed so we can click only to nodes we want to kill. Like this Bez_n_zvu.png ...sry, its MS painting icon_e_biggrin.gif... briefly said there are 7 shards and 3 of them are green - those are completed.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    - Championed characters are considered to have 5 power levels in every power when sent as a Team-up.

Not at all working correctly. Just nerfed every TU we get. 2 cover abilities on all of them. This needs very high priority for a fix. Affects literally everyoe that plays in a .negative way
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got onto the second sub of the hunt and that ui 'improvement' becomes even more worse than it is in more linearly organised subs, an utterly terrible change if not accompanied with some kind of node completion display for each node.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R106!
    What’s Changed
      - Only one Power Banner is displayed when multiple countdown tiles from the same power activate simultaneously.

So I love this because it speeds up dpx cout down for what and Hawkeye speed shot, but if the tile resolving leads to a match, it shows a new banner when the next one goes off. Is this intended?